General Yuzuru Chat

Hace 1 hora, Noelle said:

I wish Olympic Channel would post Yuzu's SP to youtube. Surely they might do that now, since they are even covering 羽生結弦の写真撮るの下手くそ選手権 ???

They blocked almost all other SP uploads by now, so  I guess they'll post theirs soon?

Is it a new book?

5 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

>_> Did he forget that apart from Men’s FS they couldn’t even give tickets away in SK? Mr Hanyu saved it, from what I read, and unless they give the public what it wants and have FS in the summer games... >_> 

I like it, FS Olympics every two years. :2thumbsup:

5 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

>_> Did he forget that apart from Men’s FS they couldn’t even give tickets away in SK? Mr Hanyu saved it, from what I read, and unless they give the public what it wants and have FS in the summer games... >_> 

Tbh, the whole capitalizing thing makes my feel kinda uncomfortable ... wth, let's not objectify him ... he's a person not a thing and if he wants to help (and I know he wants bc Yuzu is like this) he will do it without them telling him so ... was kinda  rude thing to say ...

2 hours ago, Anya said:

Olympic channel is reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy milking it :laughing:

So, based on the use of 'we', I suspect the Olympic channel is not only milking it, but the twitter responsable manager is actually risking becoming a fanyu themselves xDDD

In any case, the reason I love Japan and am studying Japanese is because that happens and then multiple tv channels talk about it as if it's something of the outmost importance (hint: it is). 

5 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

In any case, the reason I love Japan and am studying Japanese is because that happens and then multiple tv channels talk about it as if it's something of the outmost importance (hint: it is). 

Remember that one time Mr Hanyu took his jacket off and it was so important that it was covered on every morning TV program? 

32 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

:dry: :slinkaway:

How the hell is the Tokyo committee responsible for the summer Olympics supposed to use a winter Olympic medallists popularity?  It isn't an outpouring of support for the Olympic movement or sport in general or even figure skating - it isn't a national phenomenon either- it's a very specific expression of support and gratitude from his home town to one exceptional individual.   Does anyone in the upper echelons of sports governing bodies ever do any homework before they come out with these soundbites?

37 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

:dry: :slinkaway:

It's been raised several pages ago, but let me just say, whoah IOC. Not even being subtle at all about the Olympics Games being a money-making branch of capitalism? Do I cry or do I laugh? Also, I don't think they need to worry about Japan not stepping up. Have you seen their presentation back in Rio? No way it will be less epic than that.

And, man. You people separate the Winter Olympics from the Summer Olympics. I know seeing Yuzuru Hanyu's popularity now probably makes you regret that decision, but seriously. You just have to live with that decision and shut it.