General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, yuzuangel said:

You can "point your toe" in skating. It feels like you're pointing your toe but the effect is more...turning out your foot...with your toe facing slightly more away from you.

For example, Sasha, who is very famous for always pointing her toes, even when she jumps:

SashaCohen.jpg

And Yuna is famous for *not* pointing her toes, but I love Yuna the most and completely didn't mind, so it's a matter of personal taste.

yuna.jpg

better example that won't embed

As for Yuzu, well, I think it's nitpicky because he (1) doesn't do spirals, and (2) men don't usually point their toes anyway. Not that i've even really noticed.

Oooh, very educational, especially the linked pic, thank you! Hmmm, I wonder if people are not just after the pointing but also kind of continuing the ”turnout” in the ankle? Like a slight tilt/bend outwards of the toes (see this link, https://ballethub.com/sickling-ballet-what-why-how-to-avoid-it/), not just in neutral like Yuna seems to have.

Hace 2 horas, WinForPooh said:

So he will be skating to Nemesis in a strawberry costume. SIGNS!!! 

I didn't know I needed it but now I do :laughing:

Hace 2 horas, Murieleirum said:

She was crying out of happiness! xDDD

"Why are you crying?"

"I'm happy I got to meet him!"
"Did you get to see him up close?"
"I only saw is face clearly"
"How was Yuzuru, seeing him?"
"He was so cool!" 

So relatable...:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

1 hour ago, SparkleSalad said:

Sorry to interrupt but IMPORTANT GIF DISCOVERED.

oh, so that's why I'm suddenly getting all these notifications on this tweet  :laughing:

1 hour ago, Forcefield said:

Yuzu's one of Japan's most popular athlete currently. And yet some people said Yuzu shouldn't be a torch bearer for 2020 just because he's an athlete from the Winter Games. :shrug:

I thought maybe it'll be like in Pyeongchang where there were several torch bearers (is it like this everywhere?) but only one final, Yuna.

Perhaps he won't be chosen as the final torch bearer (even though I think the chances are good), but as one of them, definitely, it'd be strange if he didn't participate in some way tbh.

19 minutes ago, yuzuonice said:

oh, so that's why I'm suddenly getting all these notifications on this tweet  :laughing:

I thought maybe it'll be like in Pyeongchang where there were several torch bearers (is it like this everywhere?) but only one final, Yuna.

Perhaps he won't be chosen as the final torch bearer (even though I think the chances are good), but as one of them, definitely, it'd be strange if he didn't participate in some way tbh.

As much as I love Yuzu, Japan has quite a few very well decorated and veteran Olympians from the Summer Games like Yoshida Saori.  I’m sure he might carry the torch to the arena but I honestly doubt he would light it at 2020

38 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

Very nice article about Yuzu! Wow, Icenetwork, this is unexpected, tbh!

What's this? Phil Hersh? Ending the Boyang erasure? (Almost) acknowledging Yuzu as the GOAT?) Did I read right? :rubeye:

Brian: "I was very impressed he listened to his doctors and his physios, and he took the time he needed,"

aw Brian, he's been through so much... :sadPooh:

his Olympic short program was the most dazzling 2 minutes, 50 seconds in history from every standpoint, especially given it took place on his sport's biggest stage

Then why didn't you include him in your polls... :2:

The willowy Hanyu also has attracted fans worldwide with his expressiveness, the contrast between his seeming fragility and his utter command on the ice, and his seamless blend of grace and power.

Never thought I'd like something Hersh wrote but here we are.

17 minutes ago, Lilona said:

Who wrote this and what he did to Phill Hersh? xD

23 minutes ago, yuzuonice said:

What's this? Phil Hersh? Ending the Boyang erasure? (Almost) acknowledging Yuzu as the GOAT?) Did I read right? :rubeye:

aw Brian, he's been through so much... :sadPooh:

Then why didn't you include him in your polls... :2:

Never thought I'd like something Hersh wrote but here we are.

IKR???? I checked his name twice .... lol, but he still inserted some things abt Chen beating Yuzu at CoR or winning LP at PC haha