General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, MrPudding said:

Offtop but I cannot just skip this part . If it was where I live it would  be loads of trash . I cannot with Japan  and it's people. I need to move there ASAP because when I see my people leaving their trash at the beach or elswehere it givesx me a whiplash .

This is going to be completely :offtopic: and I apologize, but I was searching around twitter a bit and happened to find a few old tweets about Sochi Olympics village and how Yuzu was supposed to share a room with Machida, but after a few days Machida apparently moved out to room with Daisuke and Yuzuru moved out of the Olympics village, they say he stayed with the officials.

I'm only reiterating what was said in some old twitter threads, not sure how legit it is, so I'm curious if anyone knows more about this? :peekapooh:

5 minutes ago, yuzuonice said:

This is going to be completely :offtopic: and I apologize, but I was searching around twitter a bit and happened to find a few old tweets about Sochi Olympics village and how Yuzu was supposed to share a room with Machida, but after a few days Machida apparently moved out to room with Daisuke and Yuzuru moved out of the Olympics village, they say he stayed with the officials.

I'm only reiterating what was said in some old twitter threads, not sure how legit it is, so I'm curious if anyone knows more about this? :peekapooh:

Maybe the room was not at all comfortable that's why Machida and Yuzuru left :P 

or Yuzu again saw a ghost.... 

Hmm to be honest i dont know :slinkaway:

12 minutes ago, obscurite said:

I've been laughing over this for 10 minutes oh my god

EXCUSE ME THIS IS THE BEST

I LOVE WAKING UP TO TOPICS LIKE THESE IN THE THREAD

let me contribute a little and look at this:

total evil overlord! With shiniest goldest medal! 

Ah, I see.

I've never actually seen any skaters pointing their toes very noticeably. :shrug: I suppose you could get finicky and demand that they point their toes while doing spins and steps on one foot, but with how the boots are stiff at the ankles, I'd think to do it enough to be noticeable while skating would be difficult. In dance, it needs extension of the ankle and curling your toes inside a little to make the line from shin to toe as straight and long as possible. Usually far easier barefoot or in shoes that have a bit of give. 

So who do TSL recommend as great examples of how to point your toes properly while skating? Among men? I've never noticed Yuzu having awkward lines because of not pointing feet, though. Maybe they have gifs? 

ETA: It sounds to me a bit like personal preference in artistry being mistaken for what all skaters should do. There are plenty of forms of graceful arts and dances that don't involve pointing of the toes. Yuzu's lines have been perfectly artistic since he got over the noodly phase and he actually got the stamina to maintain extension until the end of his skates, so... I'd ask for those receipts.

7 hours ago, Erin said:

tumblr_p7ijv9wZ3r1x88qiso6_r2_400.gif 

Never fails to make me laugh. And cringe. Very slightly. Together with secondhand embarrasment. And also proud, because he doesn't care. What a myriad of emotions. 

In emojis: :LOL: :4: :embSwan: :knc_brian1:  

The Koi dance didn't give me any secondhand embarassement. His dancing at FaOI last Summer did, a little, though. 😅

38 minutes ago, obscurite said:

I've been laughing over this for 10 minutes oh my god

This is a GREAT pic i mean what is the possibility of a random fan throwing pooh with the perfect angle and you catching it with the perfect timing its insane almost like a miracle

EDIT:

about the gifset, anyone tried the koi dance after seeing Yuzu dancing to it or is it just me (please tell me i'm not alone)

Also i love Yuzuru 'you shall only look at me' Hanyu

1 minute ago, xeyra said:

The Koi dance didn't give me any secondhand embarassement. His dancing at FaOI last Summer did, a little, though. 😅

Ah yes. That one too. :2:  But i had less secondhand embarrassment from that because he was in skating boots. :acceptable: Whenever he dances off ice on the other hand... :embSwan: 

I think Boyang dances well off ice. Yuzu, i think fondly exasperating. He's still adorable though. 

Pointing toes really is an old chestnut from people who think all figure skating performances should be balletic! I don't usually interact with those people so I honestly had no clue lol

I guess it's one of those things where I'd just have to disagree. If the skate is to a ballet piece, then yes, pointing toes as much as possible would be important. If it's not, then it's a matter of what you think looks better and suits the music and choreography.