General Yuzuru Chat

5 minutes ago, Toni said:

AHA! Our picks might do, if you always keep it clean with just the hot topics of the day. But the title "Our Picks" makes it sound like a list of favorites, not current interests. The index page isn't obvious enough. Like most newbies, I have no idea where things are nested. You apply logic and find you're wrong. The Our Picks page makes a lot of sense, if you keep it manageable and let all the newbies know to look there. Thanks for all the hard work!

Ahaha, I'm not quite a newbie but I understand your struggle.

During the Olympics I had no idea how to find the Olympics thread when I went to the Events. I'm so slow I didn't even realize it was under ISU.

Luckily I found out that if there is an upcoming event/broadcast, you'll see just on the homepage that it was most recently updated/posted since it's an active thread.

7 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

I'm very happy for you! :biggrin: He should get all the thanks. Only fair.

I have to quote this because I read that as "Only hair" :13877886:

___

Yuzuru doesn't have an agency. JSF and JOC would not deal with things like athlete's endorsements, except in certain specific cases. His mother handles most of that.

___

Oh @Toni

If you look at the front page, under SPACE BATTLES: COMPETITIONS AND EVENTS you will find Event Discussion or this:

https://planethanyu.com/forum/9-event-discussion/

Any and all events and competitions go there. Anything that is not a competition will either go to Ice Shows, self-explanatory or Other Events - which is where the Parade was. But we're a big place so it may take a while to find your way around and as @robin said, please do leave us feedback!

53 minutes ago, Toni said:

AHA! Our picks might do, if you always keep it clean with just the hot topics of the day. But the title "Our Picks" makes it sound like a list of favorites, not current interests. The index page isn't obvious enough. Like most newbies, I have no idea where things are nested. You apply logic and find you're wrong. The Our Picks page makes a lot of sense, if you keep it manageable and let all the newbies know to look there. Thanks for all the hard work!

I use the Activity tab, there you can see the threads with the latest comments. I don't know how to navigate the site so I just open the activity tab (unread content) and go from there.

1 hour ago, Toni said:

Unfortunately, we can't change the name of "Our Picks" on the link...it's just the default that came with the software. Although we did rename it to "Current Events" in the sidebar on the front page of the site where we could:

uODCNST.png

9 minutes ago, Victoria said:

I use the Activity tab, there you can see the threads with the latest comments. I don't know how to navigate the site so I just open the activity tab (unread content) and go from there.

That's how I've navigated the site from day1. Occasionally I want to look back at something and then the search function is helpful.  Also I bookmark stuff I really like/don't have time to look at but want to come back to which is really useful.

4 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

That's how I've navigated the site from day1. Occasionally I want to look back at something and then the search function is helpful.  Also I bookmark stuff I really like/don't have time to look at but want to come back to which is really useful.

Yep, Activity + search, that's how I do it too xD

:13877886: do you guys have any suggestions on how we can make the structure more intuitive? It’s hard for us to judge what is going wrong with the structure of the site because we made it and thought it out ourselves

It would be great if you guys could leave feedback here 

9 minutes ago, robin said:

:13877886: do you guys have any suggestions on how we can make the structure more intuitive? It’s hard for us to judge what is going wrong with the structure of the site because we made it and thought it out ourselves

It would be great if you guys could leave feedback here 

I'm too much of newbie to be of any help, but everyone made good suggestions already, and I'm going to follow them and see how it goes.  :thanks: 

Hi everyone,

Are there any links to stream/download everything that happened today? I'm planning on downloading whatever I can, and then on watching it while catching up with the broadcast thread in a few weeks, when I have more time. I did that with the CiONTU live thread, reading a few pages ahead every time, so I'd understand what was happening better, having read the translations before the talky bits even happened! ;) It was quite fun seeing everyone's reactions! I'm planning on doing the same with the Emperor's garden party, actually, which I hope will have its own thread as well?

Anyway, I imagine there must be some links or videos lost somewhere in the 62 pages of the broadcast thread, but that would take hours to wade through! Could I suggest that in the future, such links be added to the first post of the thread (so, here, this one)? That way, we won't bother anyone by asking where to find the stuff, and we'll also have a better chance of watching/downloading before content gets taken down! :happy:

Also, while I'm being very demanding... could I humbly request that all merch talk have its own thread? I saw someone surprised that the thread was already at 3300 pages when it had been at 3200 pages a few days earlier, and I'm pretty sure most of those posts were talking merch... which doesn't interest everyone, I mean, I love seeing all the gorgeous merch, but I don't need all the info about shipping, etc. There are only so many hours in the day to keep up, and I'd really like to be able to keep following this topic, but it's been a bit hard... I don't know how the rest of you do it! :dbana:

Spoiler

And since we're sharing how we browse the planet: I use "Content I follow" with this URL, which has all the topics I've followed before, topics which so far, I've been finding from following this very thread religiously! :bow:

25 minutes ago, GraceAndPower said:

Hi everyone,

Are there any links to stream/download everything that happened today? I'm planning on downloading whatever I can, and then on watching it while catching up with the broadcast thread in a few weeks, when I have more time. I did that with the CiONTU live thread, reading a few pages ahead every time, so I'd understand what was happening better, having read the translations before the talky bits even happened! ;) It was quite fun seeing everyone's reactions! I'm planning on doing the same with the Emperor's garden party, actually, which I hope will have its own thread as well?

Anyway, I imagine there must be some links or videos lost somewhere in the 62 pages of the broadcast thread, but that would take hours to wade through! Could I suggest that in the future, such links be added to the first post of the thread (so, here, this one)? That way, we won't bother anyone by asking where to find the stuff, and we'll also have a better chance of watching/downloading before content gets taken down! :happy:

Also, while I'm being very demanding... could I humbly request that all merch talk have its own thread? I saw someone surprised that the thread was already at 3300 pages when it had been at 3200 pages a few days earlier, and I'm pretty sure most of those posts were talking merch... which doesn't interest everyone, I mean, I love seeing all the gorgeous merch, but I don't need all the info about shipping, etc. There are only so many hours in the day to keep up, and I'd really like to be able to keep following this topic, but it's been a bit hard... I don't know how the rest of you do it! :dbana:

Reveal hidden contents

And since we're sharing how we browse the planet: I use "Content I follow" with this URL, which has all the topics I've followed before, topics which so far, I've been finding from following this very thread religiously! :bow:

The mods often put most of the videos + pictures + speed translations in the Yuzuru News and Updates thread? Thats where I normally go first after a crazy hectic Planet day. It takes a while to click through all the posts they have quoted, but its normally all there? Definitely faster than actually going through the tens of pages on whichever thread blew up. 

2 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

The mods often put most of the videos + pictures + speed translations in the Yuzuru News and Updates thread? Thats where I normally go first after a crazy hectic Planet day. It takes a while to click through all the posts they have quoted, but its normally all there? Definitely faster than actually going through the tens of pages on whichever thread blew up. 

Right right! I tend to forget about that one since I usually try to read *everything*...

Two or three pages in that thread is better than 62 in the main one, for sure!

Still, for like, the "main" content people are gonna be looking for, I think adding it to the first post of the dedicated thread would be quite convenient. For CiONTU, that'd be just the 3 hour long Youtube video and the shorter "medley" video, for example. Again, the faster you find the link, the better your odds of getting your hands on the content before it disappears...

And if the content doesn't get taken down, putting those links there has the advantage of making them easier to find as time goes on too... Six months from now, finding the link you're looking for in the general "News and Updates" thread will be harder... Idk. Just a suggestion! :P

@GraceAndPower Thanks for the suggestions! For now here‘s youtube links:

Spoiler

parade: 

press con:

And well.. as long as you know the date of the event you should be able to look the posts up in the updates thread but it’s true that the real purpose of that thread is being able to catch up quickly while it happens. A lot of the media also ends up being taken down so it might not be helpful in a few months.

Event threads having the videos in the first post makes sense 

10 minutes ago, GraceAndPower said:

Right right! I tend to forget about that one since I usually try to read *everything*...

Two or three pages in that thread is better than 62 in the main one, for sure!

Still, for like, the "main" content people are gonna be looking for, I think adding it to the first post of the dedicated thread would be quite convenient. For CiONTU, that'd be just the 3 hour long Youtube video and the shorter "medley" video, for example. Again, the faster you find the link, the better your odds of getting your hands on the content before it disappears...

And if the content doesn't get taken down, putting those links there has the advantage of making them easier to find as time goes on too... Six months from now, finding the link you're looking for in the general "News and Updates" thread will be harder... Idk. Just a suggestion! :P

I really like how the links are organised in the Translations and media section. The senior level competitions media post is the one I use the most :

But yeah a "table" like format with the links makes it easy to find things. Like for example for the parade today there could be a column for full videos of streams, another for fancams, another for news articles etc, another for others. 

BUT, I suspect that it takes a heck of a lot of  work to make one of those tables. A lot of time and effort by one of our volunteer admins. Not sure its fair to expect it of them. A one time thing is one thing, but to expect it of every "event" thread seems a bit much to ask. \

Edit: oops..... I meant to quote this to the suggestions page *face palm* sorry.... 

17 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

BUT, I suspect that it takes a heck of a lot of  work to make one of those tables. A lot of time and effort by one of our volunteer admins. Not sure its fair to expect it of them. A one time thing is one thing, but to expect it of every "event" thread seems a bit much to ask. \

It's a lot of work but @kaeryth does an amazing job, thank you :10742289::tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

BTW, if you have an idea for such a table that you'd like, you can definitely suggest it. someone might pick it up ^^ also, that subforum is free for anyone to create a thread, not just mods, so if you don't see any that do what you are thinking, you can always start something ^_^