General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, Toni said:

Yeah, I'm an Export Administrator; shipping ANYTHING to Russia sucks. You have my sympathy.

It’s quite difficult to reply to this without making a political statement, which I’d rather refrain from, sorry. 

But yeah, we specialize in creating obstacles we then have to surmount! 

4 minutes ago, Fay said:

It’s quite difficult to reply to this without making a political statement, which I’d rather refrain from, sorry. 

But yeah, we specialize in creating obstacles we then have to surmount! 

I have NEVER heard it summed up better than that! 

44 minutes ago, Toni said:

So these are the only two translated bits of this book I can find. I wonder if anyone has this book?

This:

https://tadakixd.tumblr.com/post/158138910730/team-brian-coaching-methods

and this:

nd this:

https://tadakixd.tumblr.com/post/158138910730/team-brian-coaching-methods

Reading this, I think it's such a shame Yuzu isn't more fluent in English (or one of his coaches doesn't speak Japanese). I think Yuzu already shares his research with his teachers, but it'd probably be even more intense if they shared the same language and I love what Yuzu and TCC creates together.

I'm really excited about the parade, seeing all the preparations really is melting my heart. It's so amazing and beautiful to see how much love he receives from his hometown people, he really is a treasure :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

4 часа назад, Lilona сказал:

No. I'm originally from Russia xD. But live and work in Seoul for 4 years. I was thinking which flag put in my profile but after some thoughts put a Russian one bcs I'm Russian xD. I think I need to write my current location in my signature description xD.

Ah, I understand, thank you. I probably have to wait a long time ... oh ... :3:

Messages of support sent before PyeongChang decorated in Ice Rink Sendai

For those who are in Sendai and planning to visit the ice rink during your stay (thinking of @KatjaThera):
Ice Rink Sendai is closed today and may limit access to the facility.

There will be a grand opening of FUN-TE including Ice Rink Sendai today and you need an invitation to participate. 
Ice Rink Sendai schedule
Info about the grand opening

So, I'm in the shinkansen on the way to Sendai and decided to catch up a bit.

I'd say out of all the current top skaters, the one I would expect Yuzu to get along with best as a teammate is Boyang. However, I don't expect it would be anything like it was with Javi.

Someone mentioned a few pages ago sportsmanship as the key to Yuzu and Javi working well together. I think it's a lot more than that. Based on what Yuzu said about Javi and something Brian said in that Olympic Channel interview, I think Yuzu went to Canada expecting to learn from Javi and then beat him. Not necessarily because he thought he was better, but because he would work hard to make it so. I'm pretty sure he did not go there expecting to be friends. And I think it's because Javi is such a nice guy, they did become friends. Add to that the TCC family/community atmosphere and it's set. But I'm not sure Yuzu and Javi would have worked so well together just with that atmosphere. (Also, while it bothered me that he put it like that, I can see what Javi meant when he said it's not his fault if their relationship sours at times. I don't think Javi ever really minded losing to Yuzu, but Yuzu always minds losing, even if he can be happy for Javi as well. I think Boston especially was bad for them.)

As for the Brian books, I have them. They're about more than just Yuzu, so maybe that's why only bits have been translated. They are pretty interesting though. (And they've made me wonder about the language barrier, too.)

12 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

Messages of support sent before PyeongChang decorated in Ice Rink Sendai

For those who are in Sendai and planning to visit the ice rink during your stay (thinking of @KatjaThera):
Ice Rink Sendai is closed today and may limit access to the facility.

There will be a grand opening of FUN-TE including Ice Rink Sendai today and you need an invitation to participate. 
Ice Rink Sendai schedule
Info about the grand opening

Thank you very much for the info! That sucks... I gave up yesterday because I was too tired after the wristband adventure and now I wish I hadn't. I had heard the picture gallery opened romorrow, so I was sure it'd be open... But I'm also thinking of going to Tohoku again tomorrow in search of sakura. Maybe I'll stop by Sendai again and go then ... Though actually it's pretty awkward since I don't even skate ^_^;

9 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

Thank you very much for the info! That sucks... I gave up yesterday because I was too tired after the wristband adventure and now I wish I hadn't. I had heard the picture gallery opened romorrow, so I was sure it'd be open... But I'm also thinking of going to Tohoku again tomorrow in search of sakura. Maybe I'll stop by Sendai again and go then ... Though actually it's pretty awkward since I don't even skate ^_^;

Visiting there tomorrow seems a great idea. I think they expect such visitors this time. Please enjoy the parade and the whole trip!