General Yuzuru Chat

2 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

He is very independent in terms of what he wants so if they could reconcile that is probably the biggest issue. That makes me imagine this little tick in her face as the troll, trolls!

Aaah! I wonder if it's also an age thing. Eteri's athletes are mostly teenagers (and children), and in things like Interpretation and Choreography, it's not hard to imagine how it's best for them to follow exactly the coach's indications. But Yuzuru is extremely mature from so many points of view, skating wise. I do see his relationship with Brian and Tracy and Briand, right now, as a 'let's agree on something together', more than 'let's do what you tell me to'. And they had to fight last year to find balance. From how they've spoken about it, I feel like at the beginning of 2016-2017 season, there really was some tension over Brian wanting Yuzuru to train everything (choreography, skating skills, jumps and spins) together, while Yuzuru feeling the need to perfect 4Loop to follow his 'complete package' idea. Probably it's thanks to Brian's(and Tracy's) patience and comprehension, if in the end they reached common terms! 

10 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Hide contents

Oh I know this one.

The best moment of this video doesn't have much to do with V/M though but with the young lady on the left, in yellow. From 1:03 to say 1:08 when she closes her mouth with her own hand. Legend :rofl:

But Zu does inspire that!

10 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Aaah! I wonder if it's also an age thing. Eteri's athletes are mostly teenagers (and children), and in things like Interpretation and Choreography, it's not hard to imagine how it's best for them to follow exactly the coach's indications. But Yuzuru is extremely mature from so many points of view, skating wise. I do see his relationship with Brian and Tracy and Briand, right now, as a 'let's agree on something together', more than 'let's do what you tell me to'. And they had to fight last year to find balance. From how they've spoken about it, I feel like at the beginning of 2016-2017 season, there really was some tension over Brian wanting Yuzuru to train everything (choreography, skating skills, jumps and spins) together, while Yuzuru feeling the need to perfect 4Loop to follow his 'complete package' idea. Probably it's thanks to Brian's(and Tracy's) patience and comprehension, if in the end they reached common terms! 

Yes, I think with her in part it is definitely that she is working with younger athletes but a part is her nature I would say. I'd love to be able to find that now, but I have no idea when I read that interview, it's been a while. I do think they'd clash, so it'd be a question of could they compromise.

And yes, that was the big thing I believe with Zu and Brian and Tracy in the end; they all compromised and found common ground. It was that frank talk they had post SC 2016 when it all came out, and well, it was more than just the 4Lo I would say but everything that came before. Worked out brilliantly, especially as Yuzuru grew as a skater and is now open to asking for help but I am also sure that Brian and Tracy, and Briand as well, grew as coaches. It's tough, coaching people like Yuzuru. Sure, he's a brilliant athlete, one of a kind talent but it's always very difficult to deal with geniuses so major props to all of them, Zu and the coaching team how they've worked it out.

22 minutes ago, Lilona said:

Tell me exact time mark pls xD

20 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

I believe @kaeryth timestamped already xD

Yeah, but maybe it's easier to see from here imagining Yuzu's movement (see Scott after Yuzu's second 3A combination)

Spoiler

Or you mean this, @Lilona?

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Worked out brilliantly, especially as Yuzuru grew as a skater and is now open to asking for help but I am also sure that Brian and Tracy, and Briand as well, grew as coaches. It's tough, coaching people like Yuzuru. Sure, he's a brilliant athlete, one of a kind talent but it's always very difficult to deal with geniuses so major props to all of them, Zu and the coaching team how they've worked it out.

Oh yes! Yuzuru is the kind of student that makes the teacher grow and puts them to test - so he can't go along with any and all coaches. And since Eteri is a strong, almost stubborn coach, there's the possibility of clash right there. 
And another yes to the second bolded part - genius often comes with rebellious mindset. It's amazing, the balance and bond that they've all created at TCC. 

2 часа назад, Lilona сказал:

But it was like this: I was thinking abt that I want to order T-shirts from Sendai and also parallelly what to gift to Evgenia bcs I wanted to. And at that moment I suddenly thought that Yuzuru's parade T-shirt will be a good and original idea...

I see, you from Russia? Tell me please, how did you get your shirt so quickly?
I made the order in the first hours after the start of sales, and it was sent only on April 20. And, judging by the track, my order is still in Tokyo, waiting for dispatch.

Are you already in Korea? Wow! It's such a long way and so expensive, just Wow!  :clap:   

1 час назад, Murieleirum сказал:

he is Eteri's idol as well

And the only foreign skater she ever wanted to train :tumblr_inline_mzx8s4JRlX1r8msi5: (although  in that interview she turned the whole answer into a joke and added that she is too patriotic to seriously train a foreign skater). But I was happy to know she appreciated him that time already.

13 hours ago, paminess said:

exactly! it doesnt mean that they train with the same coach the result will be the same.

its like studying in a class, there will be plenty of student with one professor but when it comes to final exam not everyone get same grade..

beside Yuzuru is a talented skater! He is already good even before joining TCC!!!

(they said hard work beats talent, but mind you... Yuzu is both!:))

so i think Yuzuru will not have any problem if  Boyang Jin or whoever skater will be a new member of TCC.

i guess yuzu will actually be happy watching 4lz technique from Boyang , i remember it was actually Javi who's practicing and aiming 4loops but suddenly it was Yuzu who was able to make it first .... :smiley-laughing021:

I think TCC is only for those who are able to be friends and training partners with their strongest competitors. It takes strong sportsmanship to do this. I'm not saying Yuna Kim didn't have ANY sportsmanship, I'm saying she couldn't raise that to a level where she could even forgive her coach just for being ASKED about just the POSSIBILITY of  him also training a rival of hers. That kind of jealousy is pretty normal, so I'm not trying to insult her, she's just normal. But Yuzu and Javi have NEXT level sportsmanship running through their veins. They can both genuinely love their rivals, then put murder face on, get on the ice, and absolutely slaughter even their best friends. The best sportsman can lose a medal and genuinely congratulate their rivals -- being sad for their loss, but simultaneously happy for their rival's win. I see this same integrity in Boyang. I think he will thrive at TCC. And we know this sort of atmosphere makes Yuzu thrive too. I, frankly, can't think of anything better than Boyang and Yuzu training together. It will make Boyang better and Yuzu will feel like he's really won something if he defeats him in future competitions. Remember how it upset him to win at Sochi when no-one was at their best?

25 minutes ago, Mastyaeva said:

And the only foreign skater she ever wanted to train :tumblr_inline_mzx8s4JRlX1r8msi5: (although  in that interview she turned the whole answer into a joke and added that she is too patriotic to seriously train a foreign skater). But I was happy to know she appreciated him that time already.

Ah, I guess the interview is in Russian, right? How I wish I spoke Russian, I love her interviews... sometimes they translate some in the Italian facebook fs group run by Max, but sometimes they don't :c