General Yuzuru Chat

13 минут назад, Fay сказал:

Why? 

Bcs mb she would think that I'm shipper? I'm not... Mb...

But it was like this: I was thinking abt that I want to order T-shirts from Sendai and also parallelly what to gift to Evgenia bcs I wanted to. And at that moment I suddenly thought that Yuzuru's parade T-shirt will be a good and original idea... But as always when It's closer to gifting then more I was worried if she will think that it's strange.

So when I met her I said sorry and that mb she will think that it will be the most strange gift that she received but tomorrow will be a Victory parade in Sendai and here it is: official T-shirt from there.

She answered that it's unusual gift and after that my memory goes blank. I remember only that I said that I'll be waiting for her returning in next season and she answered that she will. Also, I received her autograph xD.

And also selfie with Boyang and Alina oO

2 hours ago, Aotoshiro said:

Half of the junior and novice ladies iirc. They are also fans of Shoma, so maybe it's bling that attracts them? JK but it's amusing...

Spoiler

Tbvh it confuses me. Especially since they are figure skaters themselves, they should be even more aware then any of us are the differences between Yuzu's and Shoma's skating techniques and quality. I don't see how there is much overlap between them as figure skaters.... 

1 hour ago, xeyra said:

I wouldn't mind seeing the return of the SE-counter 3A2T in a future FS. That entry made Scott Moir go :eek:at that competition.

Ohhhh?? When was this? Got a vid?

10小時前, yumeaki說:

Anyway, for the Prefectural Citizen’s Honour Award of Miyagi, they will also gift Yuzuru 2 types of rice, a new grain that will be released in Autumn (data masayume) and a brown rice (kin ibuki). Usually for sports athletic, they will provide a year supply of 60 kg. This time round, they will provide 240 kg (60 kg x 4 years) to cover the next 4 season until Beijing Olympics

Anyway, the rice name has the word masayume = dreams that come true and kin = gold in it so it’s kind of like hoping that achieving gold in the next Olympic will be a dream come true.

(eek, is that indirect pressure or what?)

I’ve a very limited knowledge of Yuzu’s hometown and hope it’s not about putting pressure on Yuzu to join one more Olympics?? :tumblr_inline_n2pje39gH11qdlkyg::2011112318014775d:

After winning a second consecutive Olympic Gold Medal, in my opinion, I really hope Yuzu should just naturally follow his instincts, intuition and feelings to continue his competitive skating.

So, I’m very glad and relieved when Yuzu stated that he doesn’t aim to join the next Olympics in the interviews after PCOG.

Life’s short but full of unlimited pleasant possibilities and opportunities. In my opinion, setting the goal of joining the next OG (it’s 4 years later) is actually limiting and restricting the even better possibilities and opportunities for Yuzu.

I always hope that Yuzu will be as happy or even happier when he moves on to next phases of his life.<3<3 :tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg:

1 час назад, Lilona сказал:

Bcs mb she would think that I'm shipper? I'm not... Mb...

But it was like this: I was thinking abt that I want to order T-shirts from Sendai and also parallelly what to gift to Evgenia bcs I wanted to. And at that moment I suddenly thought that Yuzuru's parade T-shirt will be a good and original idea... But as always when It's closer to gifting then more I was worried if she will think that it's strange.

So when I met her I said sorry and that mb she will think that it will be the most strange gift that she received but tomorrow will be a Victory parade in Sendai and here it is: official T-shirt from there.

She answered that it's unusual gift and after that my memory goes blank. I remember only that I said that I'll be waiting for her returning in next season and she answered that she will. Also, I received her autograph xD.

And also selfie with Boyang and Alina oO

You did great! Now she can embarrass Yuzu with this T-shirt just like she did with that Yuzu-gum in 2016. :2thumbsup:

4 hours ago, Mastyaeva said:

And this is the first time I notiсed Eteri was watching Yuzu's performance too (and seemed to like it!) :headdesk2:

Of course she likes it! I think it's obvious now (at least after the 100th time Ambesi and Dolfini told us) that Eteri has been training her skaters to be able to witstand a program full of transitions and quality of the elements, and she is doing it because that is Yuzuru's method and it worked. Of course, not every skater's going to have Yuzuru's sensitivity and musicality, ability to interpret the music and all the things that make Yuzuru unique - not all skaters are going to have perfect technique on every jump (see Evgenia's flutz) or every spin, but he really is their idol, not only of Alina and Evgenia and all the girls - he is Eteri's idol as well. 

Sometimes in this forum I will see a lot of negative opinions towards Eteri, which I don't really understand and share, but I just wanted to make sure that at least this point was clear enough. Of course she thinks Yuzuru's skating is the ideal type of skating. She's making all of her athletes "chase" the Hanyu style, even from other disciplines. 

I don't really know if this has appeared on the forum or not.  I came across it when I was doing some casual Yuzu surfing.  It's one of the longest articles I've seen on him and although the writers are evidently not overly familiar with figure skating their hearts are in the right place and I thank them for a balanced yet ultimately complimentary article about him.

http://www.aipsmedia.com/2018/02/20/22409/pyeongchang-2018-yuzuru-hanyu-figure-skating-japan

I hope this works.  If not, somebody who knows how to do it right please correct it.  Thanks.

5 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Sometimes in this forum I will see a lot of negative opinions towards Eteri, which I don't really understand and share, but I just wanted to make sure that at least this point was clear enough. Of course she thinks Yuzuru's skating is the ideal type of skating. She's making all of her athletes "chase" the Hanyu style, even from other disciplines. 

There are those of us who like her too :biggrin:

She has definitely been a fan of Yuzuru for a long time and though she doesn't understand his personality, which isn't odd, she doesn't know him and is going by some stereotypes really, in terms of his skating, it's pretty clear she finds it something of a goal to chase. 

I do sometimes wish she could actually spend some time in the rink with him; I'm torn between them producing a masterpiece that would out-do all masterpieces or causing the Solar system to implode. It's 50-50 :rofl:

6 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

I do sometimes wish she could actually spend some time in the rink with him; I'm torn between them producing a masterpiece that would out-do all masterpieces or causing the Solar system to implode. It's 50-50 :rofl:

Yes, I am also torn between them practicing with muderfaces until perfection reaches the ice, or them passionately fangirling over crazy transitions-combos before and after jumps and spins. But overall, Eteri is a demanding coach and he demands from himself more than anyone. So a perfect fit is not hard to imagine! 

I'm sure she would understand his personality more if she saw him practicing day to day - the general difference I can tell is that Yuzuru goes from murderface to space kitty in the span of a second - while I've never seen Eteri in a mode different from murderface! 

16 minutes ago, micaelis said:

I don't really know if this has appeared on the forum or not.  I came across it when I was doing some casual Yuzu surfing.  It's one of the longest articles I've seen on him and although the writers are evidently not overly familiar with figure skating their hearts are in the right place and I thank them for a balanced yet ultimately complimentary article about him.

http://www.aipsmedia.com/2018/02/20/22409/pyeongchang-2018-yuzuru-hanyu-figure-skating-japan

I hope this works.  If not, somebody who knows how to do it right please correct it.  Thanks.

This was a long read but thank you for sharing!

6 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Yes, I am also torn between them practicing with muderfaces until perfection reaches the ice, or them passionately fangirling over crazy transitions-combos before and after jumps and spins. But overall, Eteri is a demanding coach and he demands from himself more than anyone. So a perfect fit is not hard to imagine! 

I'm sure she would understand his personality more if she saw him practicing day to day - the general difference I can tell is that Yuzuru goes from murderface to space kitty in the span of a second - while I've never seen Eteri in a mode different from murderface! 

The main issue from what I recall is that she believes he follows right along, fully, with what the coach demands which as we know is very far from the truth. He is very independent in terms of what he wants so if they could reconcile that is probably the biggest issue. That makes me imagine this little tick in her face as the troll, trolls!
Otherwise yes, I am sure it'd be more than fine and she'd salivate to show him off to her students too. But then, who can blame her for that.