General Yuzuru Chat

I wish my thesis writing progressed as fast as this thread, I would have finished my PhD a year ago  :drama:

As for the discussion for the last don't know how many pages about Boyang, threats, world standings, and everything else... I personally don't care

Just last week, I got the two time Olympic gold medalist Yuzuru Hanyu enjoying himself in his own ice show, skating without pain and promising me at least another season of competition  :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

I can't and won't ask for more :happy:

You guys do all the worrying and I will be here enjoying myself with all the Yuzu goodness 

8 minutes ago, cinemacoconut said:

how can I help my obsession with yuzu skatin I dont know and I think I will cry during his last skating competition because I will miss him skating soooo much. I almost dread the day in some aspects. 😭😭😭

I know it's hard but try not to think about it. We will still have him for some time so instead of dreading the day he goes away, enjoy every minute of it. Thinking about the end makes it hard to fully enjoy what you're experiencing and it would be awful if you were to look back and regret that you didn't enjoy it because you were thinking about what you were going to lose.

Besides, you will have the opportunity of following him for at least two seasons (health permitting, knock on wood). You go through so many emotions during a season that you might feel like years have passed when it's been just months. So enjoy the ride and don't worry about the end:10742289: it's not that imminent!

12 minutes ago, Xen said:

Well if we ever meet face to face in a comp, I'll allow you to squeeze my hand when he skates (just go gently please).

Please don't forget my smelling salts. Remember how long it took me to react after WR Ballade? :13877886:

1 minute ago, Hydroblade said:

I know it's hard but try not to think about it. We will still have him for some time so instead of dreading the day he goes away, enjoy every minute of it. Thinking about the end makes it hard to fully enjoy what you're experiencing and it would be awful if you were to look back and regret that you didn't enjoy it because you were thinking about what you were going to lose.

Besides, you will have the opportunity of following him for at least two seasons (health permitting, knock on wood). You go through so many emotions during a season that you might feel like years have passed when it's been just months. So enjoy the ride and don't worry about the end:10742289: it's not that imminent!

Which do you think will win in the end, the heart or the hair?

Psst, if Yuzu is involved, is the hair ever capable of winning?

15 minutes ago, WSYZ said:

Ho, so I'm not the only one who is like that, always wanting to know both the bright and the dark sides of things, haha. I just like to form my own opinion after learning all I can instead of being ignorant. But I have the feeling most other fans here don't want to open that can of worms to new fans so I don't know if we will ever get any PM to satisfy our curiosity.

For now, I'll just watch Italian uncles gushing about Yuzu while waiting for the parade :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

There is a tumblr that highlights the Golden Skate drama and the banning of fanyus.

I read it because unfortunately I was not on Golden Skate at the time and missed out on the drama. I love drama so I want to know more tkk. 

19 minutes ago, micaelis said:

On Boyang coming to TCC.  I'm wondering what the Chinese are hoping to get from this, since you can be sure that this whole situation was probably not Boyang's idea.  You have to remember that the Chinese sports program is more akin to the old East Germany so that certainly nothing this significant isn't part of a long term strategy.  So what are the Chinese doing here?  I think they are looking to create a poster-boy for the Beijing games.  I remember how Tom Daley became the male image for the London summer games in 2012, primarily because of his good looks and the fact he won the World Championship in platform diving at the age of 15.  Youthful and successful.  That's what the Chinese need, and Boyang fills the bill as being one of theirs who is always in the hunt when it comes to podium position.  The thing is they have to get exposure for him and the Chinese program is so closely micro-managed with media accessibility and such that it's not going to happen if Boyang's only expeditions out of the country are for competitions.  So I think going to TCC is step one in the process of getting for Boyang an international profile.  After all, what could be better in raising his profile than having him go and temporarily train under a coaching superstar and training alongside a bona-fide skating legend?  Another step - My feeling is that we will shortly start seeing Boyang getting on the ice show circuit, probably not this summer but in summers of years to come. 

I think also he's being sent to Canada to have him working on English, the better to handle media events.   I don't know how much English he knows now but the best way of learning a language is by immersion, by being put into a sink or swim situation.  Yuzu can probably tell a lot of tales about that.  Things could be getting complicated for Brian, though, with a Japanese speaker, a Korean speaker and a Russian speaker already on board.  All he needs is a Chinese speaker to make things really interesting.  Of those four, my guess is that Stephen Gogolev probably has the best English, since he came from Russia to Canada and to Brian at age 7.  At that age the language learning skills are still at peak efficiency so I imagine that except for his accent he's acquired a good command of English.  Remember, also, he'd have been attending schools conducted in English and his social contacts would have had a high English-speaking component.

Then there's the actual skating benefits.  Unlike Nathan, it's been apparent that Boyang and his coaches have been working on improving the PCS content of his programs.  Quite obviously amongst those competing today Yuzu is the undoubted monarch of the artistic content of men's figure skating.  For almost all of the other skaters Yuzu's PCS points are to die for.  Part of that, though, is that Yuzu's also had access to some of the best choreographers in the business and I have a strong feeling the Chinese would like to have Boyang connecting with some of those people.

The issue, here, though, is that if the Chinese are looking to fulfill these objectives they will need more than a short span of a few weeks in the off-season.  My feeling is that if Brian takes on Boyang he will insist that it be longer term and that Boyang's  current coach is not present.  He will not desire to come into conflict with the coach and proximity increases the danger exponentially.

As for Yuzu, if we are looking for a repeat of his relationship with Javi he will be blessed with a multitude of candidates.  Boyang, if he comes to TCC long-term, will become the obvious favorite there since he's the only one competing at the same level as Yuzu.  Stephen Gogolev I think is likely to be the second candidate, rather than Cha, because Stephen came to Brian at roughly the same time Yuzu did and so there are several years of familiarity with Yuzu here, quite a bit longer than Yuzu's time with Cha.  I also think the age factor with Stephen will be decreasing as the years pass by and Stephen passes from puberty through adolescence and into young manhood.

On one critical issue, that somehow Yuzu's supremacy might be threatened by Boyang's access to Yuzu's trainers and training environment, I think people here are not taking seriously enough Yuzu's contention to alter his approach to competition, to make winning take second place to making programs he truly wants to skate, in short, to put into practice in his SP and FS the same principles that now govern his exhibition skates.  I remember how, many years ago, right after I'd finished my doctoral work in English I had become (it was only temporary, ultimately) with comic book collecting and I was on a bus heading home after purchasing several, and so I was reading one of my acquisitions.  This elderly lady across the aisle kept looking strangely at me, obviously put off by the spectacle of a grown man reading a comic book.  Finally I just couldn't pass up the chance and so I spoke to her, telling her I had just finished acquiring my PhD in English and ending by saying, (this is paraphrase here), "I've read Shakespeare, I've read Faulkner, I've read them all.  I've paid my dues.  Now I can read anything I want."  She laughed then, realizing the truth of my situation.  I bring up that now because Yuzu realizes that he's paid his dues.  Now he can skate anything he wants.  With Boyang potentially coming on board, I think his reaction might be, "What, me worry?"

Hello you are the first male fan Ive seen on a Hanyu forum!!

Here I was presuming Hanyu fans were all girls. By the way I love your english book analogy ♥ it is perfect. 

Just wondering...you know that bit in CiONTU where they asked him about having changed his blades to black ones and he cited superstition saying he wanted as little silver representation on his person as possible? I never thought about his blades but I do wonder what he thinks of that Number issue that had the word SILVER plastered across his gut on the front cover. Lol. I mean the wording didn't mean silver medal but the kanji was still printed smack dab right in the middle of his belly. And it was right before the Olys no less. I thought it was pretty thoughtless of the magazine to have done that but tried not to think too much about it (let's forget the time I met a new colleague who called herself Silver and I asked her if I could call her Gold instead and all the times I avoided looking at anything Hanyu-related when the time on my phone said 2:22 or 22:22).

1 minute ago, Yatagarasu said:

I keep saying we need to make a care-package and send a supply of hair tonics to TCC.

i meant that the hair is going to lose :13877886: disappear from existence.

But yes we should, and a lot of squishies so his coaches can squish when he comes in full killer quad monster mode.

7 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

It would not surprise me, negl. I think often those kind of things are picked up from relatives and it'll tickle my shriveled heart if this is actually coming from Yumi! She's a fab woman by all accounts and it couldn't have been easy to raise this little troll! :laughing:

@WSYZ there is video somewhere, let me see if I can dig it up.

I read some fans said his father is/was a teacher? and a strict one. Perhaps he picked up his murder glare from him?

@Xen Thank you for the link. It's so cute, but SportyMags only has sideway photos of him... I can't see the death stare across the arena :10636614: Really hope @Yatagarasu or someone can give me a video link to see him stare and wave his hand now. Just reading recap is already so funny.

6 minutes ago, WSYZ said:

I read some fans said his father is/was a teacher? and a strict one. Perhaps he picked up his murder glare from him?

@Xen Thank you for the link. It's so cute, but SportyMags only has sideway photos of him... I can't see the death stare across the arena :10636614: Really hope @Yatagarasu or someone can give me a video link to see him stare and wave his hand now. Just reading recap is already so funny.

I don't know if you can access weibo but here's a vid of the murder glare :laughing::  http://p.weibo.com/show/channerWbH5/1034:5eeb92e0db5ff2ee3d489eb040122143

6 minutes ago, WSYZ said:

Here are some gifs

(my fave xD)

tumblr_ox3v2sQ5411srf2ipo4_400.gif

http://incandescentlysilver.tumblr.com/post/165905377233/the-great-glove-debacle

8 minutes ago, WSYZ said:

5 minutes ago, Anya said:

I don't know if you can access weibo but here's a vid of the murder glare :laughing::  http://p.weibo.com/show/channerWbH5/1034:5eeb92e0db5ff2ee3d489eb040122143

Yes, that's the one! Thank you! I hope @WSYZ can see it? It is somewhere in this forum of ours too but currently it's escaping me! Here's the murder face though - click

I still find the whole thing hilarious, but especially the shake shake! :rofl:

ETA Or the one above! Thanks @Ajora!