General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, cinemacoconut said:

+ the Final Gold at Skate Canada after 3 Silvers (whisper whisper)

:peekapooh:

I was about to comment the same thing :rofl:

The "evil" Patrick is finally out of the way, this is the best time! He deserves to get that thing after all this time staying and competing in Canada! Give him that to honor him and his coaches, please!

Just now, WSYZ said:

The "evil" Patrick is finally out of the way, this is the best time! He deserves to get that thing after all this time staying and competing in Canada! Give him that to honor him and his coaches, please!

I also find it strange. I doubted for a long time whether chanflation was actually true. I thght chanflation was a conspiracy made by chan haters for a long time. Then I noticed yuzu never won chan only at skate Canada

:3:

1 minute ago, WSYZ said:

But what if skate canada's golds is really cursed for non-canadian skaters. Look at Shoma last season :P 

I just checked winners of skate canada and  realised that Takahito Mura has SC and 4CC gold medals. Maybe that's the real reason Yuzuru invited him to CiONTU so he could steal his SC and 4CC powers:rofl: 

3 minutes ago, cinemacoconut said:

I also find it strange. I doubted for a long time whether chanflation was actually true. I thght chanflation was a conspiracy made by chan haters for a long time. Then I noticed yuzu never won chan only at skate Canada

:3:

Well, I don't know about Chanflation. I was just joking about "evil" Patrick because he always stood in the way of Yuzu's Canada gold dream, :P

But joking aside, I thought it's just that he never performed his programs quite well yet at the time of Skate Canada. He seems to get better along the way and peaked at GPF?

And if Chan got some bonus from Canada, it's kinda understandable though. It's his home ground. I saw people complaining about Yuzu getting some boost in NHK and his first Japan GPF win years ago too.

I just hope now that Chan retired, Canada judges will show their love to Yuzu a little more before their own young juniors grow into another rival for Yuzu. Best chance to win Canada gold is now!

5 minutes ago, Yoa said:

But what if skate canada's golds is really cursed for non-canadian skaters. Look at Shoma last season :P 

I just checked winners of skate canada and  realised that Takahito Mura has SC and 4CC gold medals. Maybe that's the real reason Yuzuru invited him to CiONTU so he could steal his SC and 4CC powers:rofl: 

Canada has too many curses! Yuzu should channel Seimei's spiritual power and banish those curses for them, by winning over all those evil spirits floating around Canada ice :biggrin:

RE: TCC Discussion

I don't think Javi regretted having Yuzu over at TCC because Yuzu has become motivation for him as well. Remember how Tracy said Javi would come in late with Starbucks coffee in his hand and Yuzu would be on the rink already jumping 3As and that motivated Javi? Honestly, we'll never know what would have happened if Yuzu didn't join TCC. Would he have flourished more than or less than what he has if he went to Russia or NA? Would Javi have been able to rise the ranks as well without Yuzu as direct competition at TCC? We'll never know what could have been. What we do know is the present - and how both Yuzu and Javi were able to co exist and grow to become the skaters that they are now. As Tracy has said before, it's a unique situation that would probably never have worked out if it wasn't Javi or Yuzu.

In terms of Yuzu training with a direct competitor (Boyang or whoever else anyone has mentioned)... we don't actually know what type of dynamic that will be. It's easy to say they get along well - and yes, they certainly do - but training is different. We know Yuzu can be very intense (too intense in Brian's opinion) when he's training/competing. And what of Boyang? Does anyone have a clue how he does his training?

I think that we should trust TCC family because they have Yuzu's best interest at heart. Also, we shouldn't worry about anyone surpassing Yuzu just because they're gonna train together with him at TCC or are we underestimating Mr Hanyu again?

Hey guys, just to say something, I've translated and given my opinion and take on the news article over in the Team China thread. Before we go down the rabbit hole any longer and go complete off-topic, mind hopping over there first?

Just saying- take the full picture in first, before going nuts over speculation. We don't know what the full arrangement is, and for all we know, Lori might even become full coach.

As for whether Yuzu would regret it- if Yuzu agrees and is okay with a long term arrangement (which so far this doesn't sound like since the coach going with Boyang is his MAIN coach), I don't think Yuzu is the type to regret it. Boyang is not Javi, but he's not quite Yuzu type intensity, he's very "my pace"- he doesn't seem like the type that is easily affected by others in terms of nerves. However, the real question is not would Yuzu accept competition, but would Yuzu be okay with being the side-by-side inspiration for Jin in this arrangement. Zhao already said the reason for this is to develop Jin mentally, and artistically. Yuzu is the muse/inspiration-it's his and BOrser's choice.  Otherwise, I agree with Yata that the main additional considerations are whether Cha, Orzel or Gogolev would be okay with it.

Otherwise, I'm slightly dissappointed that we are so scared that Boyang might beat Yuzu that we can't accept the possibility of the two training side by side, especially if Yuzu is okay with it. That's belitting Yuzu a bit, and frankly, we'd be going the way of Patrick and Daisuke fans who became Yuzu antis, if we begrudge someone for beating our favorite fairly and squarely.

Re: Italian uncles.

Just a couple of days ago I saw a video on Youtube about them roasting the ISU for ignoring or giving high GOE for heavily pre-roatated and wrong edge Lutz. They were pretty awsome for sure, to point it out loud on TV broadcast. These lovely uncles really appreciate our bb's talent and dedication to perfection :space:

And of course there's Max :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

20 minutes ago, Xen said:

Otherwise, I'm slightly dissappointed that we are so scared that Boyang might beat Yuzu that we can't accept the possibility of the two training side by side, especially if Yuzu is okay with it. That's belitting Yuzu a bit, and frankly, we'd be going the way of Patrick and Daisuke fans who became Yuzu antis, if we begrudge someone for beating our favorite fairly and squarely.

Well of course if Yuzuru agrees to Boyang joining TCC I will have nothing against that. I think all of us here who stated our opinion are looking out for Yuzuru's best interest. That's all there is to it.

Whatever decision he takes is up to him as he's surely the one who knows what he himself needs the best.

30 minutes ago, Peppo said:

That seems to be the trends; some of Fanyus are Hanyu's greatest critics AND doubters. 

Yep. Sometimes, it scares me. I understand that most of it comes from the intense love we have for Yuzu, but boy it can be too much sometimes. 

Stating opinions is everyone's right. I just wish we all strive and seek to be more informed before we form, let alone state, our opinions. (Me at me: listen to yourself, will you?)

21 minutes ago, VyVy99 said:

Re: Italian uncles.

Just a couple of days ago I saw a video on Youtube about them roasting the ISU for ignoring or giving high GOE for heavily pre-roatated and wrong edge Lutz. They were pretty awsome for sure, to point it out loud on TV broadcast. These lovely uncle really appreciate our bb's talent and dedication to perfection :space:

And of course there's Max :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

I love how they acknowledge boyang's skill

Spoiler

I feel like what we're seeing is the difference between figure skating fans and Yuzu fans.....

I completely, honestly completely (!!) understand the feelings of wanting Yuzu to do well to the point of hoping that others don't do well. But I hope that we can try to rise above such reflex emotions. It's an understandable feeling, but I hope we can try to be better than that, beccause it's hardly an admirable way to think or feel. 

Yuzu himself says what he wants is for everyone to skate clean, and then for himself to skate clean and WIN. Yuzu wants everyone to be skating their best. As a figure skating fan, I want to see everyone skating well, and to see beautiful programmes. If someone beats Yuzu and he deserves too, all congratulations to him. (But of course the problem is the judging... let's not go down that tiresome rabbit hole again) 

11 hours ago, Xen said:

Hey guys, just to say something, I've translated and given my opinion and take on the news article over in the Team China thread. Before we go down the rabbit hole any longer and go complete off-topic, mind hopping over there first?

Just saying- take the full picture in first, before going nuts over speculation. We don't know what the full arrangement is, and for all we know, Lori might even become full coach.

As for whether Yuzu would regret it- if Yuzu agrees and is okay with a long term arrangement (which so far this doesn't sound like since the coach going with Boyang is his MAIN coach), I don't think Yuzu is the type to regret it. Boyang is not Javi, but he's not quite Yuzu type intensity, he's very "my pace"- he doesn't seem like the type that is easily affected by others in terms of nerves. However, the real question is not would Yuzu accept competition, but would Yuzu be okay with being the side-by-side inspiration for Jin in this arrangement. Zhao already said the reason for this is to develop Jin mentally, and artistically. Yuzu is the muse/inspiration-it's his and BOrser's choice.  Otherwise, I agree with Yata that the main additional considerations are whether Cha, Orzel or Gogolev would be okay with it.

We dont doubt Yuzu persay. Its rather Boyang and Nathan are quad monsters...

Quads have such high BV and the PCS points that Yuzu has an advantage over may not be enough in the future. 

We dnt wnt Yuzu attempting crazy quads after injury.

We therefore are, well I feel threatened by Boyangs potential growth at TCC. 

How can I help my natural fan instinct of wnting Yuzu to stay No. 1?

Cnt help it. If yuzu competes I wnt him to stay on top. If he doesnt I would still love him the same but Im not gonna lie.

I love seeing Yuzu win. 

11 hours ago, Xen said:

Who is Lori? 

And Daisuke fans hating Yuzu? Wasnt that in Japan exclusive?

Im not on Golden Skate regularly so I never knew Patrick fans were Yuzu antis to that extent. Was it severe?