General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, enno0287 said:

That is such a scary thought to be honest.

I have a full faith towards Yuzuru. But I can't help but feel threatened just a little bit. I might be the minority here, as much as I love Boyang I wouldn't want him to train at TCC. If Yuzuru is going for Beijing then I wouldn't want Boyang or Shoma to be there at TCC. 

I too share this thght yes Yuzu will get motivated. But what if Boyang ends up beating Yuzu like Yuzu beat Javi?

Javi made a mistake career wise when he said yes to Brian for allowing Yuzu to come to TCC..yes it motivated him to try harder and get better results but if Yuzu never came to TCC and went to Russia instead like his first plan or remained in Japan... Yuzu would not have become the GOAT he is now imo. 

17 hours ago, kaeryth said:

A bit late in my reply and you had the links given to you as well.. but if you're interested, there's a Competition Commentary & Translations Spreadsheet with links to subbed/translated non-English commentaries (including the Italian commentators - check for ESP Italian).

Wow, that's a very extensive list. Thank you very much for this link. All of these can be saved for the coming months when Yuzu goes into hiding mode before next season starts. We only have his parade this weekend and the broadcast of his CWW in May to look forward to now, right? Is there any other activities scheduled in the future?

I think if he wants to compete next season, it's time to go into hiding mode to heal completely and prepare for his new programs next season.

15 hours ago, cinemacoconut said:

I too share this thght yes Yuzu will get motivated. But what if Boyang ends up beating Yuzu like Yuzu beat Javi?

Javi made a mistake career wise when he said yes to Brian for allowing Yuzu to come to TCC..yes it motivated him to try harder and get better results but if Yuzu never came to TCC and went to Russia instead like his first plan or remained in Japan... Yuzu would not have become the GOAT he is now imo. 

I like Boyang and Shoma. I think training with them might have some advantages for Yuzu, but I also think he doesn't really need to train alongside them and they are both equal threats to him in the future. I hope everyone can improve so they can push each other to become even better and push the sport, but I don't think either of them will really go to TCC. Shoma seems very unlikely, because of his personality and his close relationship with his current team. I'm not sure about Boyang but others already said in this thread he probably won't be there permanently either. I think Orser probably is having too much on his plate to take on another high level competitive skater now.

However, I don't think Javi made a mistake agreeing to train with Yuzu in TCC because of 2 things:

1. The 2 themselves along with Orser all said before that they motivated each other to become better when they could see their rivals training beside them. Javi might, or might not become as good as he is now if he didn't have such a dangerous and hard-working rival right in front of his eyes everyday to push him.

2. Yuzu is a special case. TCC greatly helped him to his greatness, but we can't be sure if he would be worse or as good as now if he went to some other coach. I think he can become this great mostly because of his personality and super dedication to skating. Therefore I have the feeling that he will flourish no matter where he goes. We don't know to which extend he might grow to if he wasn't at TCC, but he surely would still be a dangerous rival to Javi anyway. He could already beat Javi at some competition before he even went to TCC, right?

8 minutes ago, WSYZ said:

However, I don't think Javi made a mistake agreeing to train with Yuzu in TCC because of 2 things:

1. The 2 themselves along with Orser all said before that they motivated each other to become better when they could see their rivals training beside them. Javi might, or might not become as good as he is now if he didn't have such a dangerous and hard-working rival right in front of his eyes everyday to push him.

2. Yuzu is a special case. TCC greatly helped him to his greatness, but we can't be sure if he would be worse or as good as now if he went to some other coach. I think he can become this great mostly because of his personality and super dedication to skating. Therefore I have the feeling that he will flourish no matter where he goes. We don't know to which extend he might grow to if he wasn't at TCC, but he surely would still be a dangerous rival to Javi anyway. He could already beat Javi at some competition before he even went to TCC, right?

It's not that I didn't believe what Brian, Javi or Yuzu said. But in my mind, I'd imagine there'd be a time when Javi would just look back and asked himself did he made a mistake in allowing Yuzu to train under Brian? but since it's already too late, he can't take back what he said, so all he can do is to let it go and just try his best and be friends with Yuzu.

True that we'll never know what would happen if Yuzu stayed in Japan or train under some other coach. But as I wanted Yuzu to stay at the top, then I wouldn't want him to take any risk regarding his competitors. If he's really cunning (as I'd like to think he is, cunning in the inside soft outside) then I would assume he'd say no if ever Brian bring this topic to him. When Yuzu went to Toronto, Javi was considered a step above him, that's why it was to Yuzu's advantage that he went to train with Javi. Now, Yuzu is the one at the top, he should be more aware of keeping that spot for himself. I hope I make sense.

5 minutes ago, enno0287 said:

It's not that I didn't believe what Brian, Javi or Yuzu said. But in my mind, I'd imagine there'd be a time when Javi would just look back and asked himself did he made a mistake in allowing Yuzu to train under Brian? but since it's already too late, he can't take back what he said, so all he can do is to let it go and just try his best and be friends with Yuzu.

True that we'll never know what would happen if Yuzu stayed in Japan or train under some other coach. But as I wanted Yuzu to stay at the top, then I wouldn't want him to take any risk regarding his competitors. If he's really cunning (as I'd like to think he is, cunning in the inside soft outside) then I would assume he'd say no if ever Brian bring this topic to him. When Yuzu went to Toronto, Javi was considered a step above him, that's why it was to Yuzu's advantage that he went to train with Javi. Now, Yuzu is the one at the top, he should be more aware of keeping that spot for himself. I hope I make sense.

Yeah, I understand what you meant. Perhaps Javi might think like that once or twice before but I doubt he will ever regret and agonize over it. I just wrote my previous post to say even if it's a dangerous move for Javi at that time, we can't say for sure it's a career mistake for him. Calling that a career mistake is kinda big in my opinion, because he also got a lot of good things from that "mistake".

And yeah, my selfish little self also hope Yuzu can stay at the top as long as he can, and every cute and nice young guys competing with him now are big threats, not to mention the unknown juniors coming up the rank in the next few years. I guess I just hope he can have his own space to train and have the best support and attention from his team while the young guys can improve elsewhere. I do hope they improve well though, because that's what Yuzu himself would want - for all his rivals to grow and still win over them, to be the absolute winner, not winning because of others' weaknesses. I love a difficult guy, :)

Yes exactly.

Cunning is the word I want to imply. 

Yuzu said Javi is soo nice that he wondered whether he was too nice for competitions.

Javi was a bit naive in allowing Yuzu to come to TCC because yuzu wasnt jst "another competitior". 

By allowing yuzu to come to TCC he allowed a jewel talent to flourish into a GOAT under the best coaching team the planet has to offer in many many ways. 

Sure if yuzu went to USA or Russia or other place to train he would still be a threat.

But would Yuzu have become the total package who made history by winning 2 OGM?

What made this possible was TCC had chemistry with Yuzus talent. It was the spark that started the forest fire.

Yuzu needed skating skill lessons and TCC gave him lots of that.

I think if Yuzu were as cunning as I presume he is,

He would say no, i do not feel comfortable training with Boyang permanently or some other Top 6 rival. 

Javi was a threat, but Javi did not jump 5 quads. 

Yuzu still had the upper hand.

Shoma, Boyang, Vincent on the other hand or other contenders I hope Yuzu thinks carefully.

By saying Yes Yuzu could allow the same situation that Javis Yes made Yuzu..

His Yes could give birth to a terrifying Talent that could bring down Yuzu from No. 1 spot.

When Yuzu went to Toronto, Javi was considered a step above him, that's why it was to Yuzu's advantage that he went to train with Javi. Now, Yuzu is the one at the top, he should be more aware of keeping that spot for himself. I hope I make sense.

I'll admit I wasn't paying close attention to men's skating at the time, but I don't think that's totally accurate. Sure, Javi had more quads, but he was only just becoming a name internationally at the same time Yuzu was and had only been training with Brian for one year. Javi did get bronze at GPF in 2011-12 season,  but Yuzu won a bronze at Worlds that season.  So I'd say their level was about equal, with possibly Yuzu having the more promising reputation (at least that's the impression I get from what I've read/seen).

Those Stay Gold posters just make me think of The Outsiders.  I wonder if that book was popular in Japan.

not to mention, from the translations I've seen on twitter, it's not a permenant switch? More like Boyang might be going to TCC for some weeks over the summer for extra help. From what I've read, it is not ever proposed to be another yuzu/javi long term training mate situation.

Hehe, I think if there is any big change in TCC that can potentially affect Yuzu, Mr Orser will ask for Yuzu's opinion first, and that's what I love about TCC environment. Yuzu is very smart, he will know what is best for him. We should just cheer for him now and celebrate his success. I really hope he can win that elusive gold in 4CC next season if he compete there.

6 minutes ago, WSYZ said:

Hehe, I think if there is any big change in TCC that can potentially affect Yuzu, Mr Orser will ask for Yuzu's opinion first, and that's what I love about TCC environment. Yuzu is very smart, he will know what is best for him. We should just cheer for him now and celebrate his success. I really hope he can win that elusive gold in 4CC next season if he compete there.

I think this forum will celebrate almost as much as his olympic title when he finally wins 4CC gold at 4th attempt. 

:darklordyuzu:

4 seasons to win 4cc.

Love the sound of that haha

1 minute ago, cinemacoconut said:

I think this forum will celebrate almost as much as his olympic title when he finally wins 4CC gold at 4th attempt. 

:darklordyuzu:

4 seasons to win 4cc.

Love the sound of that haha

That pic in your reply scared me :bow: He might actually laugh like that if he finally win his 4CC gold, and the meme world will go crazy again. The Italian commentators will cry a river while commenting on his live 4CC then, because I have the feeling they are also a little desperate for that gold just like us, haha

12 hours ago, WSYZ said:

That pic in your reply scared me :bow: He might actually laugh like that if he finally win his 4CC gold, and the meme world will go crazy again. The Italian commentators will cry a river while commenting on his live 4CC then, because I have the feeling they are also a little desperate for that gold just like us, haha

+ the Final Gold at Skate Canada after 3 Silvers (whisper whisper)

:peekapooh:

Oh and by the way have u noticed that WC medals got bigger? Euros medals got bigger too!!

Cnt wait for Yuzu to get one of those bigger Worlds medals!