General Yuzuru Chat

33 minutes ago, bearsies said:

According to this JT article, it's the BoBo Calorie mask (?). It's suppose to train your respiration muscles, which I can see why Yuzu uses one...

I do research in air quality, so from my understanding, yes, CupidsBow is right - the masks, which have many layers of meshing, trap particulate matter (without knowing the materials of the mesh, my hunch is that gas pollutants such as ozone won't be trapped). 

I'm actually curious if Yuzu actually uses the masks for his asthma in Toronto as the air quality is prettyyyy good for a major city (for the record, I have pretty bad asthma too, but never had an attack when I'm back home in Toronto, but have attacks most recently when I visited Rome). Most of the pictures that I have seen him wearing one is when he's travelling, which makes sense too...since the air quality in airplanes are horrid!!! 

Dunno about Yuzu, but sometimes those masks help with cold air, too, which irritates your lungs. And Toronto can be pretty cold for parts of the year.

To be honest I think Yuzu will do even better with Boyang there. He did say in Aoi hono that when learning jumps, it helps immensely when he is able to observe successful jumps and incorporate those into his image training. That’s how he started out with quad toes and quad sals, and the primary reason he wanted to train with Javi.

Image training is such a big part of his training; 

• his elementary school coach says he can do whatever he is able to imagine,
  • he corrects his own jumps by imagining himself in 3D and straightening himself here and there,
  • he does nightly image training and he stresses its importance often in interviews,
  • he bombs when he couldn’t image successful landings and programmes which affected him a lot in LGC, 
  • and he suffered a lot when he couldn’t do so after the earthquake because he’d think about the shaking whenever he closes his eyes. 

Finally caught up...

Another exhibition? I'm not sure I can survive another one lol

I'm sorry, yesterday when I got back to my hotel, I was too tired to do anything other than eat and sleep.

So, Takashimaya exhibition.

Spoiler

It wasn't as bad as I expected waiting wise, but I'll agree with everyone else. Way too many people. You can't stand and admire things for more than a few seconds because someone will push past you from behind, from the sides, from the front... There was a little essay thing from elementary school age Yuzu I tried reading, but didn't get very far. The pictures themselves I pretty much just looked over. The costumes were probably easiest, because if you waited long enough you could catch a good view from every angle. The medals were hard again, because there was always some smaller and fragile looking Obaasan or other squeezing in and pushing me away... >.>

Anyway, highlights:

- the essay, though I didn't get to finish it

- cowboy costume: it was so small and cute!!! It's like my brain hadn't computed just how little he was back then

- White Legend costume was beautiful. Joint #1 with H&L. Seimei's detailing is insane and I can't imagine how long it must have taken to put it all together. But I've always liked new Seimei more. the old one is a bit too much for my taste. And PW is quite simple (or well as simple as a shirt covered in sequins can be lol)

- The main comment everyone had on the costumes was "OMG he's so thin!" because yeah... Or let me put it this way: if not for the length, you'd think they were for kids. The length however... I have discovered the top of my head might reach Yuzu's nose or so lol However, I'm sure all materials are stretchy to accomodate flexing muscles, so I'm pretty sure he's not that thin, while still slim.

- Another thing that caught my eye were the materials. The tops of WL, Seimei and H&L, all had this thick netting like material... I absolutely suck at materials, but it was light, breezy, while also somewhat rigid, maintaining shame. It was interesting because that doesn't come across in pictures and videos.

- The most beautiful medal is the 2013GPF. It even has little sakura on the glass part. The Barcelona ones are a bit more simple, but still nice and shiny lol. The 2016 one is a major headdesk.

- The Phiten necklaces are nice. Somehow I hadn't noticed he'd had a black mirror ball as well. These were most likely not his, though, since on at least one he has his name engraved lol

- Another thing that hadn't registered from pictures is how thick the official Team Japan Oly jackets are. (The suit jackets I mean.) It makes sense, since it'd be cold, but it was still surprising. They looked like wool or so.

- Lastly, goods. They only had the photobooks, clearfiles, photo sets and block notes left. As well as magazines and book. I don't know if the rest were sold out that day or hadn't been re-stocked...

And I think that's it lol

53 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

Is he in for 2022? I was assuming 2026.

He was born in late 2004 so he'll be 17 and eligible for 2022. Young, sure but if he continues as he is, and fixes some of his issues, I don't doubt Skate Canada will already be pushing. 

It's actually kind of curious, because if Brian can fix Orzel, and they all stay at TCC, including Zu, he'll have a group of really strong skaters in one place. 

2 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

He was born in late 2004 so he'll be 17 and eligible for 2022. Young, sure but if he continues as he is, and fixes some of his issues, I don't doubt Skate Canada will already be pushing. 

It's actually kind of curious, because if Brian can fix Orzel, and they all stay at TCC, including Zu, he'll have a group of really strong skaters in one place. 

I actually edited that too slowly. :P

Of course they'll push them, and train them for 2022 (which is why they're with Orser), but I thought it ultimately would be for 2026, which is all but confirmed in Calgary, right?

7 minutes ago, liv said:

Then a scarf would be warmer and cover more of you. 

IMO, scarves are more inconvenient. They're bigger so can slip off and they're harder to remove whem going through warm areas and you can end up sweating. Masks are much easier, and even a normal one makes a difference. (I don't have asthma, but my sinuses are in pain when it's cold and especially when I have a cold, so I use masks. I also used one during my flight, because I could barely breathe with how dry the air was >.<)

1 minute ago, hoodie axel said:

I actually edited that too slowly. :P

Of course they'll push them, and train them (which is why they're with Orser), but I thought it would be for 2026, which is all but confirmed in Calgary, right?

2026 will definitely be better, yes, especially as definitely no Zu then :rofl:(seriously though, they will have more experience, etc)

And I think so! which means even more pushing then....

1 minute ago, Yatagarasu said:

That is such a scary thought to be honest.

I have a full faith towards Yuzuru. But I can't help but feel threatened just a little bit. I might be the minority here, as much as I love Boyang I wouldn't want him to train at TCC. If Yuzuru is going for Beijing then I wouldn't want Boyang or Shoma to be there at TCC. 

11 minutes ago, enno0287 said:

I have a full faith towards Yuzuru. But I can't help but feel threatened just a little bit. I might be the minority here, as much as I love Boyang I wouldn't want him to train at TCC. If Yuzuru is going for Beijing then I wouldn't want Boyang or Shoma to be there at TCC. 

But the show will be great. :goe: 

I think it's great if everyone who loves FS can train as they like. And I still remember 2017W when all of them were lifting each other up to deliver such a high level of skating. It would be wonderful to watch that happen for the next four years, and next several years, really.

24 minutes ago, enno0287 said:

That is such a scary thought to be honest.

I'm not a fan of seeing major competitors with one coach either, it's always very difficult but it can work sometimes. It worked out with Zu and Javier even if it wasn't all sunshine and roses with them either, as some like to romanticize what happened. I think it could maybe, potentially, work with Boyang and Zu too (though I am super reluctant to say that as I am not in Zu's head and I don't actually know either man) but honestly I really do feel Brian is the person who is the biggest question here, what with his current roster plus the fact China's hosting in 2022, so talk about potential pressure and conflict if Yuzuru decides to go (and heck, even without it). 

If Zu wants Beijing, his biggest 'threat' is his health IMO so really, I wouldn't worry about any other issues. I am, as usual, very, very zen :biggrin:

2 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

I really do feel Brian is the person who is the biggest question here, what with his current roster plus the fact China's hosting in 2022, so talk about potential pressure and conflict if Yuzuru decides to go (and heck, even without it). 

I do agree with this.

Why does all of Orser have to be good at jumps and everything else? I don't think I can name a current coach who delivers at such a high level for both.

39 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

Finally caught up...

Another exhibition? I'm not sure I can survive another one lol

I'm sorry, yesterday when I got back to my hotel, I was too tired to do anything other than eat and sleep.

So, Takashimaya exhibition.

Reveal hidden contents

It wasn't as bad as I expected waiting wise, but I'll agree with everyone else. Way too many people. You can't stand and admire things for more than a few seconds because someone will push past you from behind, from the sides, from the front... There was a little essay thing from elementary school age Yuzu I tried reading, but didn't get very far. The pictures themselves I pretty much just looked over. The costumes were probably easiest, because if you waited long enough you could catch a good view from every angle. The medals were hard again, because there was always some smaller and fragile looking Obaasan or other squeezing in and pushing me away... >.>

Anyway, highlights:

- the essay, though I didn't get to finish it

- cowboy costume: it was so small and cute!!! It's like my brain hadn't computed just how little he was back then

- White Legend costume was beautiful. Joint #1 with H&L. Seimei's detailing is insane and I can't imagine how long it must have taken to put it all together. But I've always liked new Seimei more. the old one is a bit too much for my taste. And PW is quite simple (or well as simple as a shirt covered in sequins can be lol)

- The main comment everyone had on the costumes was "OMG he's so thin!" because yeah... Or let me put it this way: if not for the length, you'd think they were for kids. The length however... I have discovered the top of my head might reach Yuzu's nose or so lol However, I'm sure all materials are stretchy to accomodate flexing muscles, so I'm pretty sure he's not that thin, while still slim.

- Another thing that caught my eye were the materials. The tops of WL, Seimei and H&L, all had this thick netting like material... I absolutely suck at materials, but it was light, breezy, while also somewhat rigid, maintaining shame. It was interesting because that doesn't come across in pictures and videos.

- The most beautiful medal is the 2013GPF. It even has little sakura on the glass part. The Barcelona ones are a bit more simple, but still nice and shiny lol. The 2016 one is a major headdesk.

- The Phiten necklaces are nice. Somehow I hadn't noticed he'd had a black mirror ball as well. These were most likely not his, though, since on at least one he has his name engraved lol

- Another thing that hadn't registered from pictures is how thick the official Team Japan Oly jackets are. (The suit jackets I mean.) It makes sense, since it'd be cold, but it was still surprising. They looked like wool or so.

- Lastly, goods. They only had the photobooks, clearfiles, photo sets and block notes left. As well as magazines and book. I don't know if the rest were sold out that day or hadn't been re-stocked...

And I think that's it lol

Thank you for sharing your experience! I’m going to take a guess and say the fabric you saw may be chiffon. As for how thin Yuzu is, he probably really IS THAT THIN. In fact all the skaters I've seen up close are even more thin than on TV or live on ice. I remember seeing Kaetlyn and Gabby in a hotel lobby after Worlds in Helsinki  and both were evening skinnier up close.