General Yuzuru Chat

4 hours ago, cinemacoconut said:

To be honest I was jealous that Boyang would get more of Orsers teaching talent and it might threaten yuzus chance of Gold Medals haha

Jst a jealous fan . 

Whereas Javi I did not feel jealousy nor entitlement that Yuzu shld have Brians attention and care more. 

Javi went to TCC first and Javi never was a quad monster. (Quad monster is a compliment that means landing lots of diff types of quads)

But boyang is a quad monster I see him as a threat a serious one hahahaaha

I got jealous that would raise Boyangs chancs of beatin Goat Yuzu if he got Orsers training...

And i got scared that Quad monster may push yuzu to go for a crazy quad packed program and injure himself. 

I think it'd be great if Boyang developed under Orser like Yuzuru did, and I wouldn't mind if he became a top gold contender, or if he became major threat to Yuzuru. Yuzuru's greatness lies in his ability to constantly improve himself, and relying on his own strengths and not on others' weaknesses, in his becoming better than his opponents even when they themselves become better.

Frankly, now that Javi and so many others have retired, Yuzu remains one of the very few who are able to merge the jumping exteavaganza with the non-jump content to present a truly engaging program. I'd love Boyang to become one of those, I'd love it if judges noticed that and rewarded him,  perhaps that would set the skating on a better course.

Other than that, Boyang training at TCC might motivate Yuzu, like training alongside Javi did. Observing Boyang's 4Lz might help Yuzu. It won't make Yuzu any more prone to quad-packed programs than he already is, that would be Nathan's doing.

I really see no downside of Boyang working with Orser.

I love this recent love towards my Italian uncles :33333 

I think the best source to find all of the Yuzu content with the italian esp is ElenaC's dailymotion account (http://www.dailymotion.com/elechicca).

She doesn't only post Yuzuru's performances with their commentary, but also snippets of them talking about Yuzuru during other people's performances, or other competitions entirely... which happens pretty often :laughing:

Here, for example, they talk about how much it's difficult to do the 'grand slam' (win every competition in a year), and that only Yagudin in 2002 managed to do it, but that Yuzuru "who isn't second to anyone in terms of greatness, and I'm not only talking about this discipline (but in sport, in general)" won GPF, Olys and Worlds in the same year in 2014. Also, Dolfini says it's "incredible" that Yuzuru hasn't won a 4CC Gold medal yet :rofl:Then they talk about how difficult it is to compare figure skating across the years, because the sport changed immensely.

Max is very romantic because he is passionate when he compliments Yuzu.

Max: Who do the children (skating), male and female, take as an example? Yuzuru. The things he does before he jumps. Because the road he took is the road of 'quality', and it led him to win, how many GP Finals in a row? Four? And two Olympics in a row. And the scores he won them with were science fiction. So, we are talking about athletes who set the line. And these are the names that will stay in history. Hanyu Yuzuru, in 100 years, will be a legend of figure skating, maybe the greatest of all time, I don't know. And careful, because if he feels like it, this one will continue for another 4 years!
Angelo: *laughs* It would be nice. We wouldn't complain for sure. 

Then they go on and specify that Yuzuru's influence on the skating world isn't yet at the highest - we will see the results of his dominance this next four years until Beijing 2022, and we will see them in the 'girls' (he doesn't say 'male' children, he says girls because junior girls are currently twenty steps ahead junior men) who will imitate Hanyu, but not imitate as in 'copy', but as in 'see his method regarding jumps and transitions'. Max says Yuzuru is someone who 'made the jump something else than just three or four rotations in the air'. He goes on to compare figure skating with ski jumping, which is a sport dear to him, and says that what Yuzuru does with his jumps compares to doing a 200 meters jump while holding a tray of sweets in front of you :rofl:

Sorry, I only wanted to drop a link and I ended up translating the whole thing! Well, I wonder if anyone will mind :muahaha:

5 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

I think the best source to find all of the Yuzu content with the italian esp is ElenaC's dailymotion account (http://www.dailymotion.com/elechicca).

She doesn't only post Yuzuru's performances with their commentary, but also snippets of them talking about Yuzuru during other people's performances, or other competitions entirely... which happens pretty often :laughing:

Here, for example, they talk about how much it's difficult to do the 'grand slam' (win every competition in a year), and that only Yagudin in 2002 managed to do it, but that Yuzuru "who isn't second to anyone in terms of greatness, and I'm not only talking about this discipline (but in sport, in general)" won GPF, Olys and Worlds in the same year in 2014. Also, Dolfini says it's "incredible" that Yuzuru hasn't won a 4CC Gold medal yet :rofl:Then they talk about how difficult it is to compare figure skating across the years, because the sport changed immensely.

Then they go on and specify that Yuzuru's influence on the skating world isn't yet at the highest - we will see the results of his dominance this next four years until Beijing 2022, and we will see them in the 'girls' (he doesn't say 'male' children, he says girls because junior girls are currently twenty steps ahead junior men) who will imitate Hanyu, but not imitate as in 'copy', but as in 'see his method regarding jumps and transitions'. Max says Yuzuru is someone who 'made the jump something else than just three or four rotations in the air'. He goes on to compare figure skating with ski jumping, which is a sport dear to him, and says that what Yuzuru does with his jumps compares to doing a 200 meters jump while holding a tray of sweets in front of you :rofl:

Sorry, I only wanted to drop a link and I ended up translating the whole thing! Well, I wonder if anyone will mind :muahaha:

thank you !!!

I'm fortunate, I speak Italian so i'll definitely go through that account :biggrin:

22 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Thank you for the link and especially for the translation! Unfortunately I don't understand Italian at all, so I'm very glad for any and all translations that may come my way :biggrin:

3 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

take it with a grain of salt but knowing how extra yuzu is, he probably does have a special person to measure his face for the masks :english1:

I wouldn’t surprised if it’s true. It’s the mask that he wears to help him with his asthma? Then heck yeah measure my face if I’m about to spend over 100 dollars for it. :laughing:

4 hours ago, hoodie axel said:

So, all the Boyang and Yuzu co-fans are going to get lots of social media updates to fan over, I hope. :goe:

Highly unlikely to be honest. I don't see Yuzuru changing his habits (or his personality) ie staying away from social media, apart from a photo or two.

As for Boyang, based on what I've read, I think it is a summer thing, which was done by others before but will definitely benefit him. Even a limited time there should help him out, and he's got a track record on working on his overall skills so I am sure he'll use it to the fullest.

I personally don't see any particular advantages for Yuzuru, if Boyang were to be at TCC. 

10 minutes ago, Sammie said:

I wouldn’t surprised if it’s true. It’s the mask that he wears to help him with his asthma? Then heck yeah measure my face if I’m about to spend over 100 dollars for it. :laughing:

I'm actually super curious about how his mask works medically :tumblr_inline_n2pje39gH11qdlkyg: Maybe it's to protect his airways from the cold (or whatever his trigger is?) Or it could function like a normal mask and reduce his chances of catching something and getting an exacerbation? Hmmm.... 

Typical Yuzu though, considering he loves customising everything :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

1 hour ago, Moria Polonius said:

Other than that, Boyang training at TCC might motivate Yuzu, like training alongside Javi did. Observing Boyang's 4Lz might help Yuzu.

I'll disagree with both of those.

Yuzuru doesn't need Boyang (or anyone) to motivate him. He's perfectly capable of finding his own motivations, and they're not in other skaters. While he has learned to ask for help, he is still very much a self-mover; he knows what he wants, he's incredibly focused and especially at this point in his career, he's after other things. He also doesn't need Boyang's Lz for any kind of help. He can see it whenever he likes after all, without Boyang being there. But Yuzuru is a person who analyzes jumps to their finest details, has a great jump coach right there, has a great coach, so really he'll be just fine. 

BTW While I don't think Yuzuru himself would mind Boyang being there, who might 'mind' is Brian and he has Orzel, Cha and Gogolev, all up and coming names, two of which are Canadian, along with Yuzuru who has decided to stay. They might very well mind, as all 3 of those are 2022 focused (if not 4, potentially).

17 minutes ago, dotsquare said:

I'm actually super curious about how his mask works medically :tumblr_inline_n2pje39gH11qdlkyg: Maybe it's to protect his airways from the cold (or whatever his trigger is?) Or it could function like a normal mask and reduce his chances of catching something and getting an exacerbation? Hmmm.... 

Typical Yuzu though, considering he loves customising everything :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

these masks tend to work to filter out pollutants and other things in the air that might cause discomfort breathing or trigger an asthma attack (Toronto has like really good air though on my air quality ap the highest number rn in that area of canada is 45 with most points being under 20 meanwhile its 141 currently in seoul and up to 80 in areas around sendai). Wearing a mask would also protect him from cold air just because of body heat getting trapped also and they do help if reducing the spread of viruses and stuff. A custom fit is worth it considering how much he uses them 

47 minutes ago, dotsquare said:
22 minutes ago, CupidsBow said:

these masks tend to work to filter out pollutants and other things in the air that might cause discomfort breathing or trigger an asthma attack (Toronto has like really good air though on my air quality ap the highest number rn in that area of canada is 45 with most points being under 20 meanwhile its 141 currently in seoul and up to 80 in areas around sendai). Wearing a mask would also protect him from cold air just because of body heat getting trapped also and they do help if reducing the spread of viruses and stuff. A custom fit is worth it considering how much he uses them 

According to this JT article, it's the BoBo Calorie mask (?). It's suppose to train your respiration muscles, which I can see why Yuzu uses one...

I do research in air quality, so from my understanding, yes, CupidsBow is right - the masks, which have many layers of meshing, trap particulate matter (without knowing the materials of the mesh, my hunch is that gas pollutants such as ozone won't be trapped). 

I'm actually curious if Yuzu actually uses the masks for his asthma in Toronto as the air quality is prettyyyy good for a major city (for the record, I have pretty bad asthma too, but never had an attack when I'm back home in Toronto, but have attacks most recently when I visited Rome). Most of the pictures that I have seen him wearing one is when he's travelling, which makes sense too...since the air quality in airplanes are horrid!!! 

6 hours ago, WSYZ said:

Hi guys, a little random here but this thread is called "'general Yuzuru chat" after all, so I hope I post at the right place.

Tonight I just watched Yuzuru's legendary Hope & Legacy 2017 with Italian commentators. I watched it many times before but only with English commentator versions. I'm glad I found this one tonight because the guys are so passionate and amazing with their comments. Now I'm on a hunt for other Yuzu videos with these Italian commentators all evening. Such a fun thing to do. However, I can't find any Pyeongchang videos with these 2 guys. Anyone has seen their 2018 Oly versions before? I guess they must be very emotional there, so I really want to see their reaction to his Chopin and Seimei in PC (even if I can't understand Italian, their voices are very emotional, :P)

A bit late in my reply and you had the links given to you as well.. but if you're interested, there's a Competition Commentary & Translations Spreadsheet with links to subbed/translated non-English commentaries (including the Italian commentators - check for ESP Italian).