General Yuzuru Chat

2 minutes ago, freeyafanfan said:

found link for the FS here https://mega.nz/#!HTI01J7Q!3DnyqJpS9M6G6Fvaa0VA657DL27b7TEq8a-JMaFB88I thanks to our compilation thread :biggrin: only mega links tho so need downloading I think, I'll edit here if I found the SP one

Wow, so fast! Thank you very much!! 1GB to download just to listen to Italian screaming without understanding what they are screaming about, so crazy, but I'm willing to go crazy for Yuzu :facepalm:

On 4/18/2018 at 9:05 PM, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

As to where I stand on the goat debate,  far as I'm concerned, Yuzuru Hanyu is so far beyond the GOAT status, it's not even worthy of him anymore. Let others argue over who deserves it and let others have it. Where he is now is beyond both our capability and capacity to quantify. So let's just sit back and enjoy the ride of having our hearts continue to be wrenched from our ribcages and our minds blown again and again.

This is getting pretty close to what I said in my very first post here and the major reason why I so admire him.  Yuzu is more than a figure skater.  He's a human being whose actions on the ice and off the ice have him transcending the sport.  There are few in sport like him.  There are standard GOAT's like Michael Jordan, who are great only as far as they are seen just as athletes excelling in their sport.  Then there are those athletes who are more than their sport, and for me the prime example there is hockey's Wayne Gretzky, who never lost his sense of where he came from and why he became whom he became.  Wayne Gretzky is a great human being and that is why his status as the greatest in hockey will probably never be lost, not because he pretty much owns the hockey record book, but because the odds are overwhelming that anybody will come along who can top the records Wayne set and at the same time be the very admirable human being Gretzky was and remains.  The truly greatest in anything are great not just because they so excelled in their life's work but also because in so doing they never forgot they were human, were part of humanity, and owed back to humanity the adulation they were receiving.  Yuzu is great because he takes seriously the responsibilities that such greatness demands of him, whether it be pinching the cheeks of a little girl who skates up to greet him at the Sendai rink right after it had reopened following the quake, whether it's visiting a kindergarten (or very young class, at least) and answering their questions, or doing the same for a group of elderly, or getting down on his hands and knees and crawling behind Shoma who was answering questions at a press conference (Yuzu didn't want to attract attention away from Shoma), or at a photo op reaching behind Shoma's head to pinch his cheek and make him smile for the cameras, or... I could go on and on but all these things show Yuzu's humanity and in so doing show clearly he is more than a figure-skater.  The takeaway from this is that most of us would value Yuzu as a friend even if he weren't a world class athlete.  That's what makes him truly great.

4 minutes ago, WSYZ said:

Wow, so fast! Thank you very much!! 1GB to download just to listen to Italian screaming without understanding what they are screaming about, so crazy, but I'm willing to go crazy for Yuzu :facepalm:

edited the above post with the SP link too :biggrin: have fun watching our fellow uncle fans!

3 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

If Yuzu's King reacts like that when talking about him, what chance do us simple mortals have of being strong against the Ci

we don't, we embrace the Ci and fall flat on our faces :13877886:

@micaelis I totally agree with your whole post above. Yuzu is really greater than just a skater. He caught my initial interest because of his great performances, but what I really love and admire about him is his character as a kind and great person. Many people like to debate GOAT in anything and everything, but I prefer to be able to admire a person who is not only great at their own special skills but is even greater as a human, worthy of all the admiration and support from their fans. Not many people can be like that, and Yuzu is an amazing example for other people to follow. I think there are many good things in him that both people younger and older than him can learn from.

1 hour ago, singermelodie1 said:

I think among all the skaters now, if we talk about 'good rivalty' then Boyang is most suited to train close to Yuzu. There's not much all-package skaters out there (partly because they're young) so technically all of them pose some equal threat to Yuzu (that is, all are well under his level). 

What's left to consider is how they get along in their way of skating. And I do think in this area, Yuzu see eye to eye with Boyang more than Shoma. I'm terrible at explaining myself in English but yeah, I just feel like Yuzu approves of how Boyang is developing more than Shoma.

49 minutes ago, WSYZ said:

It will be wonderful if you guys can find their commentary for his Olympic performances.

...and if you would like to take the plunge, the-a-factor-fs on tumblr has an archive of their past commentary, with subs! Plus translated transcripts of Max Ambesi's podcast "Kiss & Cry" :smiley-love017:

Just now, dodobirdo said:

...and if you would like to take the plunge, the-a-factor-fs on tumblr has an archive of their past commentary, with subs! Plus translated transcripts of Max Ambesi's podcast "Kiss & Cry" :smiley-love017:

I'm already hunting for all their past commentary on Youtube. Apparently some gods above listened to my prayer because they sent you here, haha. Thank you very much for this! I will not be bored until his parade this weekend now.

12 minutes ago, WSYZ said:

I'm already hunting for all their past commentary on Youtube. Apparently some gods above listened to my prayer because they sent you here, haha. Thank you very much for this! I will not be bored until his parade this weekend now.

You're very welcome, I'm more than happy to share the love! They're absolutely my favorite commentators, with their articulate technical analysis, genuine appreciation, and oftentimes hilarious reactions. Their committed support for Yuzu outside of commentating always warms my heart, too (like half of Max's twitter is dedicated to fanboying over Yuzu, I love it). I've spent many a good hour watching (and rewatching) and learning from their commentaries, so hopefully this will tide you over the few days until the parade! 

The paraaaade!! :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

4 hours ago, Yoa said:

If it's a summer camp/workshop, I think Misha G did a workshop with BOrser recently (maybe two years ago? AND I was pretty sure that both Javi and Yuzu were also training at the same time), so this situation (having another competitor training with you, other than Javi) isn't new. Granted, you can't compare Misha with Boyang in terms of their "competitiveness" with Yuzu. Whatever it is, I am sure that Brian will have a convo with Yuzu - if Yuzu's fine with me, so am I! :1:

Although, I'm glad that BOrser and team's talent are getting recognized! 

:knc_brian1: :knc_tracy2: 

I came here to comment on Boyang (possibly) practicing at TCC but got distracted by the Max & Angelo video, so I'm now on a I.ESP rewatch spree :1:

(Does anyone know if there is there such a thing as a playlist with all of their commentaries :snonegai: , I'm using whatever is in Planet's Compilation thread

also, look at this comment of theirs haha, very relevant.