General Yuzuru Chat

29 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Take this with a grain of salt though since the quoted statement from Brian is “I’m having the sense he is going to continue”.

So I'm not sure if Phil just assumed 'the next Olympics' is part of Yuzu continuing to compete.

Maybe Brian spoke to Yuzu on the phone??? 

Im sure Brian would not have said this to HERSH who would blab to the world instantly without Yuzus Consent.

16 minutes ago, cinemacoconut said:

Maybe Brian spoke to Yuzu on the phone??? 

Im sure Brian would not have said this to HERSH who would blab to the world instantly without Yuzus Consent.

This gets me excited though...

I do wnt to see a 3 peat with my own eyes in my lifetime

:knc_yuzu1:

Duuuuuude. His inconsistency (as in his tendency to make mistakes) is a huge part of what makes him the legend he is. They are the proof of his always rising goals and ideals. If he's GOAT, he'd be GOAT precisely because of them. Without them, he wouldn't have anything to triumph over and his victories so much less exhilarating. He'd just be a machine who hits everything on the note the first time he tries it and there would be no challenge. No challenge means no journey. He'd be so much less relatable and the emotions he'd invoke in his fans would be so much less. Which means...less fans. Because without them, what the hell else do we have to cry and moan over? We'd just be smoking cigars all the time and shrugging, "Oh well. Another day another victory." And we'd all be poorer for it. 

In my books, GOATs are people who show weaknesses and then show how they gloriously overcome them. It's not just about how impressive they are to others, it's also about how inspiring they are. It's about how they crawl and claw all the way from zero to hero. I only grew to like the dude because of how he can go from failing spectacularly to crushing it and owning everything and everyone like the boss he really is. All the best stories we grew up with have protagonists like that. Only in real life, failures don't always lead to the best outcome. For this guy, they do. So why are we suddenly talking as though failures should be something to be shunned? They're two sides of the same frickin' coin.

Consistency is overrated. Skaters don't need to be ultra consistent. What they need is to be able to perform well enough to be better than everyone else at the right competitions. Which takes both skill and luck. That is what further substantiates and enhances their GOAT status. I'm a huge defender and advocate of his inconsistency because they are a huge part of what made me root for him so hard, and because they are the biggest reasons why his victories are as sweet as they are. Please stop writing them off because they are a part of who he is. I'm not what most would consider a sports fan and even if I were, men's fs would be the last sport I'd get into, was what I used to think. But now it's about the only thing I watch. And it's all because of this guy and his awe-inspiring hits and misses.

As to where I stand on the goat debate,  far as I'm concerned, Yuzuru Hanyu is so far beyond the GOAT status, it's not even worthy of him anymore. Let others argue over who deserves it and let others have it. Where he is now is beyond both our capability and capacity to quantify. So let's just sit back and enjoy the ride of having our hearts continue to be wrenched from our ribcages and our minds blown again and again.

34 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Duuuuuude. His inconsistency (as in his tendency to make mistakes) is a huge part of what makes him the legend he is. They are the proof of his always rising goals and ideals. If he's GOAT, he'd be GOAT precisely because of them. Without them, he wouldn't have anything to triumph over and his victories so much less exhilarating. He'd just be a machine who hits everything on the note the first time he tries it and there would be no challenge. No challenge means no journey. He'd be so much less relatable and the emotions he'd invoke in his fans would be so much less. Which means...less fans. Because without them, what the hell else do we have to cry and moan over? We'd just be smoking cigars all the time and shrugging, "Oh well. Another day another victory." And we'd all be poorer for it. 

In my books, GOATs are people who show weaknesses and then show how they gloriously overcome them. It's not just about how impressive they are to others, it's also about how inspiring they are. It's about how they crawl and claw all the way from zero to hero. I only grew to like the dude because of how he can go from failing spectacularly to crushing it and owning everything and everyone like the boss he really is. All the best stories we grew up with have protagonists like that. Only in real life, failures don't always lead to the best outcome. For this guy, it does. So why are we suddenly talking as though failures should be something to be shunned? They're two sides of the same frickin' coin.

I definitely agree with your point. One thing I love from Yuzu is that he always strives for perfection, never stops challenging himself. Hence the weakness, failures and even injuries. Him trying his very best after such painful hardwork is what makes victories even more sweeter.

51 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

In my books, GOATs are people who show weaknesses and then show how they gloriously overcome them. It's not just about how impressive they are to others, it's also about how inspiring they are. It's about how they crawl and claw all the way from zero to hero. I only grew to like the dude because of how he can go from failing spectacularly to crushing it and owning everything and everyone like the boss he really is. All the best stories we grew up with have protagonists like that. Only in real life, failures don't always lead to the best outcome. For this guy, it does. So why are we suddenly talking as though failures should be something to be shunned? They're two sides of the same frickin' coin.

Consistency is overrated. Skaters don't need to be ultra consistent. What they need is to be able to perform well enough to be better than everyone else at the right competitions. Which takes both skill and luck. That is what further substantiates and enhances their GOAT status. I'm a huge defender and advocate of his inconsistency because they are a huge part of what made me root for him so hard, and because they are the biggest reasons why his victories are as sweet as they are. Please stop writing them off because they are a part of who he is. I'm not what most would consider a sports fan and even if I were, men's fs would be the last sport I'd get into, was what I used to think. But now it's about the only thing I watch. And it's all because of this guy and his awe-inspiring hits and misses.

As to where I stand on the goat debate,  far as I'm concerned, Yuzuru Hanyu is so far beyond the GOAT status, it's not even worthy of him anymore. Let others argue over who deserves it and let others have it. Where he is now is beyond both our capability and capacity to quantify. So let's just sit back and enjoy the ride of having our hearts continue to be wrenched from our ribcages and our minds blown again and again.

Very well said! 

52 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Indeed! :goe: Yuzu could never be consistent, because if he were, what he's doing would be too easy for him, and that would  never happen  because he  never stops challenging himself....

Tell me, am I alone in this? Am I a crazy old lady?

I found Yuzu before Pyeongchang, as I researched all the contenders prior to the Olympics. I don't care what countries their from, I root for the skater who most deserves to win, and there wasn't a shred of doubt who that was.The moment I saw him skate on a YouTube video, I knew Yuzu HAD to win.

Ever since then, I've watched all his skates a hundred times, but amazingly, every time, I still literally leap for joy and scream out loud the whole time I'm watching him skate. By the time he's finished, tears of joy are streaming down my face and I want to protect that young man with my life, so he can keep on doing that forever. I feel this deep need to see him win a third Olympic gold, because he deserves that too. He deserves everything -- everything there is -- for making so many people so freaking happy. 

So tell me, fellow Fanyus, do you still leap and shout every time you see him skate? Tell me, am I just a crazy old lady, spazzing out, alone in front of my television?

Oh, and speaking of televisions, I owe a special thank you to ME. Thank you, ME. Thank you so much for having the forethought to buy a f*cking huge, 65 inch Ultra HD 4K television to watch this angel on.  And also, thank you ME, for buying the Japanese Bluray HANYU YUZURU -- TIME OF AWAKENING. I can't understand a word of it, but it's still one of the best movies I've ever seen. High def Yuzu, skating! YAY!!!     

s-l300.jpg

5 minutes ago, Toni said:

I found Yuzu before Pyeongchang, as I researched all the contenders prior to the Olympics. I don't care what countries their from, I root for the skater who most deserves to win, and there wasn't a shred of doubt who that was.The moment I saw him skate on a YouTube video, I knew Yuzu HAD to win.

Ever since then, I've watched all his skates a hundred times, but amazingly, every time, I still literally leap for joy and scream out loud the whole time I'm watching him skate. By the time he's finished, tears of joy are streaming down my face and I want to protect that young man with my life, so he can keep on doing that forever. I feel this deep need to see him win a third Olympic gold, because he deserves that too. He deserves everything -- everything there is -- for making so many people so freaking happy. 

So tell me, fellow Fanyus, do you still leap and shout every time you see him skate? Tell me, am I just a crazy old lady, spazzing out, alone in front of my television?

Oh, and speaking of televisions, I owe a special thank you to ME. Thank you, ME. Thank you so much for having the forethought to buy a f*cking huge, 65 inch Ultra HD 4K television to watch this angel on.  And also, thank you ME, for buying the Japanese Bluray HANYU YUZURU -- TIME OF AWAKENING. I can't understand a word of it, but it's still one of the best movies I've ever seen. High def Yuzu, skating! YAY!!!     

s-l300.jpg

No you're not alone

But I'm a crazy young lady

:LOL:

1 hour ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Perfectly said, I agree with every word!:snpeace:

21 hours ago, Maia said:

Why is his show called 'Continue with wings'? What's the significance of the title?

Besides the meaning of keeping flying higher, stronger, 'wings' is from his surname: 羽生 (Hanyu), 羽=wing/feather so he's kinda obsessed w wings and include it in everything as his symbol (his blades too). 'Wings' represents him so 'Continues ~with Wings' also means let's bring skating legacy (from senior skaters) continued to the future with Hanyu.

3 hours ago, kaeryth said:

This was in the CiONTU thread but might've been missed by some... I love you JButt!

Jeff is so loveable and always smiling Ci :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

1 hour ago, Toni said:

s-l300.jpg

No I'm pretty sure every one of us have a fair share of that :peek:I usually just melt whenever I see him, like  "Awwww~ Bb is sooo cute!~", "OMG 3A/loop!!" or more simply "EEEEEEKK!!!" I try to maintain my cool face in case parents appear, but I've been caught smiling like an idiot a couple of times

13 minutes ago, monchan said:

'wings' is from his surname: 羽生 (Hanyu), 羽=wing/feather so he's kinda obsessed w wings

ngl, after i saw him in Sochi and found out how his name was written, i thought it was the most beautiful name i had seen so far.

OT:

Spoiler

I have a sentimental history with feathers and i keep a feather from someone who was very dear to me (this person had to wear angel wings once and gave me one of the feathers from them:tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:)

Feathers have always awakened fluffy feelings in me:tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp: but his obsession with feathers and wings is adorable. Please never stop putting wings/feathers everywhere Zuzu:embSwan: