General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, Pamigena said:

So first she gets punched in the face, and to add insult to injury, she gets a dose of Yuzu-flavoured armpit sweat? :popcorn: The glamorous life of a figure skater, ladies and gentlemen. (at least the TOI boy comes cheap and she doesn't get completely ripped off)

Well, she did ask to do a program with him...the perils of ice dancing (nvm pairs)? Thought he smelled of chocolate and orange (or lemons) right? Comes with the request I guess, and the punch was just an accident that happens in ice dance-at least no hair cut from his blades?

2 hours ago, Danibellerika said:

You guys, :rofl::rofl:Though hypothetically, they'd pretty much have to fight over which Fed the kid would skate for.  Who would win out? it's not really a question, I think we know :laughing::laughing:

Well they can have more than one super-skating kiddo so then they can make things interesting and share between both Feds :4chsmu1:

I have been looking into the PC's for last season and wanted to share some numbers.
I counted the number of 10's given to the top men last season. Here is what I found

• A 10 was given by the judges a total of 55 times (34 at WC, 8 at RC, 5 at EC, 3 at NHK, 3 at GPF, 1 at 4CC, and 1 at WTT).
  • The skater who got 10's are Javier (25), Yuzuru  (22), Patrick (5), and Shoma (3)
  • 26 were given for IN, 15 for PE, 10 for CO, 3 for SS, and 1 TR
  • Javier have four 10's for a skates with falls (3 in EC for CO and IN in the FS, 1 in WC for INT in the FS)
  • Yuzuru have nine 10's for his SP even though he was never completely clean (NHK, GPF, 4CC, WC) one in TR,one in CO,2 in PE,  and 5 in IN.
  • Yuzuru also received  a 10 for his FS at WTT in IN. The rest of his 10's were received for his Worlds FS (1 for SS, 2 fo CO, 4 for INT, 5 for PE)
  • Yuzuru is the only skater with a 10 in TR (NHK for the SP).
  • Three skaters have 10 for Skating skills Patrick, Yuzuru, and Shoma all in WC (Patrick for SP, Yuzuru and Shoma for FS)
  • Shoma got all his 10's for his FS at Worlds. (SS, CO, IN)
  • Patrick got all his 10's for the Worlds SP. (1 for SS, 2 for PE, 2 for IN).

Looking at the numbers made me realize that the change the ISU made about not giving a 10 for a performance with a "serious error" (whatever that is:confused2:)is not really going to do much as most of these 10's were given for outstanding performances (I don't know about other disciplines though)
Though it is interesting to see the number of 10's in INT and PER,the most subjective of all components ;)

Edit:corrected Patrick's data

*Data is from the GP's, GPF, EC, 4CC, WC, WTT. Mistakes are possible, let me know if you spot any so I can fix it.

** Anyone have a suggestion on a better way to present the data?!!!! This looks confusing but I couldn't fit it into a table or decide on how to break it  into more than one

***I am starting to feel like the boring friend who only talks about studies when the group meets :facepalm:

35 minutes ago, Neenah said:

The skater who got 10's are Javier (25),

6 minutes ago, Fay said:

Ah! It's CoR in my mind!

Javi getting more than Yuzu for his StSq in the free?! That's criminal..

I was already there when reading that he got 25 10s this season considering he was a total mess most of the time. And I like Javi, but...

5 minutes ago, Danibellerika said:

I was already there when reading that he got 25 10s this season considering he was a total mess most of the time. And I like Javi, but...

Yeah, I can take Patrick getting more for his StSq, I'm even OK with Shoma getting the same as Yuzu for his FP StSq, but Javi getting more GOE in that mess of the free program is beyond my comprehension.

3 minutes ago, Fay said:

Yeah, I can take Patrick getting more for his StSq, I'm even OK with Shoma getting the same as Yuzu for his FP StSq, but Javi getting more GOE in that mess of the free program is beyond my comprehension.

I don't know what will happen with this situation next season. He might still get the same treatment because he's all Europe has. They wanted him on the podium so badly. And sometimes I wonder what they would treat Yuzu like if he wasn't already an OGM.  Would his scores be better or worse off? 

56 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Well they can have more than one super-skating kiddo so then they can make things interesting and share between both Feds :4chsmu1:

And then comes the question, would the boy or girl skate for which Fed, hehe. What if they had skating twins?! :rofl::rofl:Yeah, we're getting outta hand. Off season is here.  

1 minute ago, Danibellerika said:

I don't know what will happen with this situation next season. He might still get the same treatment because he's all Europe has. They wanted him on the podium so badly. And sometimes I wonder what they would treat Yuzu like if he wasn't already an OGM.  Would his scores be better or worse off? 

And then comes the question, would the boy or girl skate for which Fed, hehe. What if they had skating twins?! :rofl::rofl:Yeah, we're getting outta hand. Off season is here.  

So better have four kids just in case. Two more to spare if things don't quite work...

Zhenya, you've got a lot to do, poor girl...

52 minutes ago, Neenah said:

I have been looking into the PC's for last season and wanted to share some numbers.
I counted the number of 10's given to the top men last season. Here is what I found

• A 10 was given by the judges a total of 55 times (34 at WC, 8 at RC, 5 at EC, 3 at NHK, 3 at GPF, 1 at 4CC, and 1 at WTT).
  • The skater who got 10's are Javier (25), Yuzuru  (22), Patrick (5), and Shoma (3)
  • Yuzuru is the only skater with a 10 in TR (NHK for the SP)
  • Patrick got all his 10's for the Worlds SP. (1 for SS, 2 for PE, 3 for IN).

Thanks for sharing! So glad to see one 10 in TR.. Although only one... And only in NHK...

PS: Patrick has 5 or 6 10's?