General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, micaelis said:

Just a short thought on the 4A.  It's beginning to look like a competition that took place back in the 1960s when the United States and the Soviet Union were seen as racing to be the first to the moon.  That race, a race in technological prowess, was won by the US and the results were that the US even today remains the only nation that has managed to land a man on the moon.  So in skating we are seeing the race to the 4A with Yuzu the obvious leader since he's the King of the 3A, a jump he had trouble in very early in his career but which became his own and more, since his ascendancy there is secured by his patented entries and landings.  The thing is that Yuzu might already be there and it was only his abbreviated season that hid that accomplishment from the world.  In any case Yuzu definitely has the lead in the race, based on his awesome command of the 3A.  If next season he shows it in competition and decorates it with his patented entries and exits of the 3A, he will not only have a TES advantage but a very commanding psychological advantage.  His competitors would see him executing a 4A with embellishments and wonder why even bother to remain in the fray.  A command of the 4A with his already present command of non-jump elements and his very superior skating skills, well, if that is the Yuzu we're seeing then, the competition will be for number 2.  

There is a Japanese saying: A strong/skillful hawk hides its talons.  I’ve seen different translations but I believe the gist of it is, there’s no need to show your abilities until needed, until then be humble. Perhaps this is going on? Pure speculation on my part, just excited to have joined! My first real post!

18 minutes ago, Whee1000 said:

There is a Japanese saying: A strong/skillful hawk hides its talons.  I’ve seen different translations but I believe the gist of it is, there’s no need to show your abilities until needed, until then be humble. Perhaps this is going on? Pure speculation on my part, just excited to have joined! My first real post!

welcome! and a great saying, love that it really encapsulates yuzuru's competitive style ; )

4 minutes ago, Fay said:

Won’t that turn us just into dust particles? 

Nope :P

"A ring system is a disc or ring orbiting an astronomical object that is composed of solid material such as dust and moonlets, and is a common component of satellite systems around giant planets"