General Yuzuru Chat

7 minutes ago, singermelodie1 said:

Question: did they ask for the toe socks or did yuzu just gave it to them for the exhibition?:peekapooh:

I think that what happened is that he sent some of his medals inside the toe socks. The organizers were like "what do we do with this" and decided to put one for display too, because it's Hanyu and the fans will probably like it anyway:tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

3 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

I think that what happened is that he sent some of his medals inside the toe socks. The organizers were like "what do we do with this" and decided to put one for display too, because it's Hanyu and the fans will probably like it anyway:tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Oh that makes sense. 

I just thought by lurking, he saw fans discussing his toe socks and thought that they might like it too at his exhibition.

16 minutes ago, tafattsbarn said:

OT

I can definitely relate to this :1:I'm going to Florida for a month in June and i'm just... almost dreading it '-'  I just don't want to miss out on anything. I know it's off season and everything but still... *sigh* i'm definitely in too deep. 

(this is not all thanks to Yuzu though, i also follow this music group and all signs point towards them being very active in June/July so i'm just facepalming myself for going on vacation during that time, but oh well )

Mee too. I follow Yuzu, Benedict Cumberbatch (Sherlock actor,) and Lex Ishimoto (winner of So You Think You Can Dance.) I traveled to London twice to see Benedict in Hamlet and the Sherlocked Convention. I've driven to Rhode Island and Western Massachusetts to see Lex in After the Curtain with Travis Wall. And if I could get an actual GOOD seat for Vancouver GPF this year, I would go to see Yuzu in a heartbeat (I'm 90% positive he will compete.)

14 minutes ago, singermelodie1 said:

Question: did they ask for the toe socks or did yuzu just gave it to them for the exhibition?:peekapooh:

HAHAHA! I bet you're right, I bet he just threw the sock in -- maybe he lost the match in the dryer?

10 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

They may be opportunistic, but they were RIGHT! 

4 minutes ago, ruruzest said:

@Toni 

Hide contents

I love Benedict C. Sherlock !!!!

especially the scene when he unlocked the phone ! Too bad the finale wasn’t up to expectation . He was excellent  in The Imitation Game as well 

youre so lucky !

I know, huh? And Hamlet was amazing. I only pick EXTREME talent to obsess over. And Yuzu may be the single most extreme EVER, so he's already ruining my life. 

56 minutes ago, micaelis said:

Just looking at all the stuff going on right now.  The ice show is this weekend, the Sendai celebration next weekend, the traveling exhibition is getting set to be launched.  I realize all this is happening in Japan, but is there any other athlete in any sport on the planet who is responsible for what essentially is a bona fide industry?  The number of books being published, the TV attractions, the travelling museum, all this testifies to the fact that Yuzu, at least in Japan, is virtually a god there.  There are, of course, groups in that country who are the partisans of other skaters and, indeed, other athletes in general.  We are seeing what is essentially a full-blown industry that has come into being primarily to feed a huge fandom's incessant hunger for things Yuzu.  I would say, though, that outside of Japan there are those in figure skating whose admiration for him is just as passionate, but they are essentially loners, since figure-skating is not a widely followed sport there.  I've tried to think of any athletes outside of Japan who might have inspired as much widespread devotion as Yuzu.  I don't know anything about soccer (except knowing that everywhere outside the US it's called 'football'), so I can't say anything about soccer stars, so going over a mental list of prominent athletes (Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods, etc) the only person I could come up with was Wayne Gretzky, who like Yuzu is considered a Canadian national treasure. 

One of my real interests in the Yuzu world is the breadth and intensity of his fandom, which spills well beyond the borders of Japan and is found all over the world (at least in those places where there is some awareness of figure-skating).  In looking at the Yuzu phenomenon the best analogy I can come up with is Beatlemania, which to most of those here on the Planet is something that took place well before they were born.  I was living in the midst of it (although never part of it, my music has always been classical) and so can say while the details were different the dynamics were the same.  There was something like that also, but not to the extent of the Beatles, with the emergence of Elvis Presley.  Basically, though, I have to go along with Kurt Browning in talking of Yuzu as a 'rock star'.  That is what he is and there is no skater of the present or the past who has even come close to matching Yuzu in terms of a personality-cult phenomenon.  All Yuzu fans should be aware that they are part of a phenomenon that is unique in the annals of sport.  Years to come, I think, there will be social-historical studies of the Yuzu era.  All of us can say we were a part of that history.

I'm not a sports buff so I can't think of anyone who comes close in the US for that... In entertainment world I think Thriller-era Michael Jackson is a good comparison. Very close to Beatlemania but even closer to Yuzuru in that he was first known as a child prodigy before developing into a respected & successful performer his field... High expectations were placed on them but they both went beyond the beyond, breaking records and dazzling basically the whole world with star power, grace and excellence. I was crazy about MJ when I was a kid, I remember seeing & hearing him everywhere, crossing all demographics, seemed like it would never end and he was almost magical. 

28 minutes ago, Toni said:

Mee too. I follow Yuzu, Benedict Cumberbatch (Sherlock actor,) and Lex Ishimoto (winner of So You Think You Can Dance.) I traveled to London twice to see Benedict in Hamlet and the Sherlocked Convention. I've driven to Rhode Island and Western Massachusetts to see Lex in After the Curtain with Travis Wall. And if I could get an actual GOOD seat for Vancouver GPF this year, I would go to see Yuzu in a heartbeat (I'm 90% positive he will compete.)

HAHAHA! I bet you're right, I bet he just threw the sock in -- maybe he lost the match in the dryer?

They may be opportunistic, but they were RIGHT! 

FYI, presale for all-event tickets to the GPF in Vancouver sold really well. I recommend getting your ticket soon if you're serious about this, I'm not sure when single session tickets will be available and what will be left.

2 hours ago, Erin said:

What went on, probably.

Left pic: 

Yuzu: Hey Patrick, can i have your gold medal? 

Patrick: No can do. This here's MINE. 

Upper right pic: 

Yuzu: You won't give me your gold medal? Are you sure? 

Patrick: I'm more than sure. This is MY GOLD MEDAL. 

Lower right pic: 

Yuzu: ... 

Patrick: (What's with that smile? Is he plotting something against me? But no, this is fluffy-wittle-innocent Yuzu. Maybe he's sad. Hah, too bad for you, i still won't give you this gold medal.) 

Yuzu: (Ok, i'll let you enjoy your gold medal for now. 😏) 

"Yeah, I'm a workaholic and I swear, I swear,

That one day I will beat you fair and square"

- Yuzu, probably.  :devilYuzu:

46 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

This is obviously more plausible than my theory:

He left half a pair of those behind one of his donated boots, and so organiser put it on display anyway.

Obviously, I should be nowhere near any theory making.

Just now, yuzupon said:

This is obviously more plausible than my theory:

He left half a pair of those behind one of his donated boots, and so organiser put it on display anyway.

Obviously, I should be nowhere near any theory making.

wouldn't old sweaty socks inside alien skates be a good environment for the growth of a new civilization or ecosystem tho...

2 hours ago, micaelis said:

Just looking at all the stuff going on right now.  The ice show is this weekend, the Sendai celebration next weekend, the traveling exhibition is getting set to be launched.  I realize all this is happening in Japan, but is there any other athlete in any sport on the planet who is responsible for what essentially is a bona fide industry?  The number of books being published, the TV attractions, the travelling museum, all this testifies to the fact that Yuzu, at least in Japan, is virtually a god there.  There are, of course, groups in that country who are the partisans of other skaters and, indeed, other athletes in general.  We are seeing what is essentially a full-blown industry that has come into being primarily to feed a huge fandom's incessant hunger for things Yuzu.  I would say, though, that outside of Japan there are those in figure skating whose admiration for him is just as passionate, but they are essentially loners, since figure-skating is not a widely followed sport there.  I've tried to think of any athletes outside of Japan who might have inspired as much widespread devotion as Yuzu.  I don't know anything about soccer (except knowing that everywhere outside the US it's called 'football'), so I can't say anything about soccer stars, so going over a mental list of prominent athletes (Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods, etc) the only person I could come up with was Wayne Gretzky, who like Yuzu is considered a Canadian national treasure. 

One of my real interests in the Yuzu world is the breadth and intensity of his fandom, which spills well beyond the borders of Japan and is found all over the world (at least in those places where there is some awareness of figure-skating).  In looking at the Yuzu phenomenon the best analogy I can come up with is Beatlemania, which to most of those here on the Planet is something that took place well before they were born.  I was living in the midst of it (although never part of it, my music has always been classical) and so can say while the details were different the dynamics were the same.  There was something like that also, but not to the extent of the Beatles, with the emergence of Elvis Presley.  Basically, though, I have to go along with Kurt Browning in talking of Yuzu as a 'rock star'.  That is what he is and there is no skater of the present or the past who has even come close to matching Yuzu in terms of a personality-cult phenomenon.  All Yuzu fans should be aware that they are part of a phenomenon that is unique in the annals of sport.  Years to come, I think, there will be social-historical studies of the Yuzu era.  All of us can say we were a part of that history.

I don't know much about sports, but i'd actually liken Yuzu to BTS right now. They're both excelling in their respective fields in a way that i don't think most people expected. Since i started following Yuzu i've actually noticed some parallels between the two and people seem to love them both for a lot of the same qualities, it's quite interesting. Of course the most obvious similarity is the total (positive) mania and engagement that follows them everywhere and the extremely dedicated fanbase (exceptionally so for BTS who you'd expect would've acquired one since they're a music group).

To me this only confirms Yuzu's total rockstar persona even further :tumblr_m9gcraReGL1qzckow: