General Yuzuru Chat

4 minutes ago, Ajora said:

I think they mean because it'll likely basically be Nathan or Shoma at this point, so voting for Javi or Keegan wouldn't help toward the Petty Goal. :3

yeah I realised that after I posted the reply :13877886: :laughing:

eta, my post count is inauspicious (towards the petty goal?)  (in Chinese, it basically means die, die, die...)

5 minutes ago, Ajora said:

For now: https://i.imgur.com/xTILFEr.png

Yes, you can see my vote. I'm not ashamed. XD

I'm pretty sure they couldn't put Yuzuru in, or it would've been a landslide.

(I hope it works.)

Thanks! The choices are so random though, seriously, it doesn't make sense.

Some responses asked why not include Adam Rippon, but I guess he would win over their golden boy and I guess Keegan is skating for Canada now so he's in there to pretend that they're giving diverse choices (though I really liked what I saw of Keegan's so he'd be my choice).

Now, let's see how many votes they actually get now that they decided to exclude Yuzu. Didn't Yuzu get like at least 10K for one poll once? (Or maybe my memory is playing tricks on me.)

20 minutes ago, Erin said:

Bad publicity is still good publicity. Their followers went up. I guess the trend now is being gossipy and creating chaos. I'm actually not surprised. 

I guess? But if they're going for broke anyway, why don't they just include Yuzu and incite a Twitter fanwar between Nathan and Yuzu fans and get those retweets and votes? But the winner would have already been decided anyway I guess, and so that's why they included Shoma with a perhaps similar league of recognition and fandom to do that voting war instead, and I see it's working somewhat with the close gap.

Well, at the end of the day, it's just one network and twitter anyway. 

My 5 cents abt polls - always wins the biggest fandom or fandom that actually knew abt poll xD. So I really can't directly blame USA stans or Nate's fans that they vote for Nate. It was the same story when poll included Yuzu - obviously, he has the biggest fandom in the male FS field RN.

But there is one major detail - all of Yuzuru's SP was actually short PROGRAM with the story, flow, and artistism. I'm really sorry, Nate's SP is better than his FP, but to the end of the season, it's become just meh. Sorry not sorry.

I wasn't expecting them to include Yuzu either, but hafta say Icenetwork is brave :laughing:

Disappointed Boyang is not included. It was amazing how his performance really transformed toward the latter half off the season. 

I'm curious how the poll's going... But I guess to do so I really have to cast a vote... 

33 minutes ago, katonice said:

I wasn't expecting them to include Yuzu either, but hafta say Icenetwork is brave :laughing:

Disappointed Boyang is not included. It was amazing how his performance really transformed toward the latter half off the season. 

I'm curious how the poll's going... But I guess to do so I really have to cast a vote... 

Nate is edging out shoma who was ahead earlier.  I could see if they wanted NEW programs...but Keegan's is a repeat so there's nothing else to say aside from the fact that their agenda is clear.  But I guess I can understand the desperation. Skating in the US is still in the toilet. In an olympic year Stars on Ice doesn't even sell out arenas.  But stuff like this is not going to make skating anymore popular here. Meanwhile Yuzuru will always be Yuzuru and omitting him altogether just shows who really rules the roost.