General Yuzuru Chat

53 minutes ago, micaelis said:

The worries about 'will they sell out or will they not' are essentially groundless.  Since we know that part of the proceeds are going to help the earthquake victims who even after all these years may still not be in the same situation as before the quake, that alone will guarantee sellouts.  While the quake is distant news for those outside Japan we have to realize that the quake produced the most damage seen in Japan since World War II.  Also remember the damage was not so much from the quake itself (there was some, of course), the thing is Japanese building codes are the most rigorous in the world and after the Kobe quake several decades ago they were  strengthened even further.  The Japanese take earthquakes very seriously.  It was the tsunamis that really did the damage, though, leaving the Japanese coast in certain areas looking like landfills, but landfills mile after mile in length.  Recovery from situations like that are not overnight events so it's quite believable that the Japanese still regard the earthquake damage as a current problem needing addressing.  For Americans, just think how long it took for the affected areas to recover from Katrina, and the Japanese tsunamis were a disaster of much greater proportions.  Remember also, nowadays the Japanese are a mobile society, so that families are frequently spread over large areas.  The chances are that  most Japanese know people directly affected by the quake, so the quake is an event that personally involves a large portion of Japanese society.  The end result, if you add Yuzu's star power to the Japanese consciousness of the earthquake, you can be sure there will be no empty seats anywhere.

Hmm, all very good points.

18 minutes ago, xeyra said:

I don't think anyone expects the 66 theaters to sell out, anyway. It's a bonus for those who can't participate in person but I don't think it's expected that they get sold out. 

But if they actually lose money, that might hurt Yuzu’s chances with future financial backers. That’s why I think they should make it easy for people who want to support him to throw money at them.  Merch should definitely be sold on-line.

10 minutes ago, Toni said:

But if they actually lose money, that might hurt Yuzu’s chances with future financial backers. That’s why I think they should make it easy for people who want to support him to throw money at them.  Merch should definitely be sold on-line.

I don't really think Yuzuru plans Ciontu with the money on his mind. First of all, the aforementioned tsunami. Second, it's kind of receiption to his marriage with second consecutive gold medal, and you never expect the receiption to return the costs, even if the guests will bring monetary presents, etc. Third, or maybe that should be first, Both Ciontu and The ICE (Asadas' show) this year are produced with "to make seeing skating easier for everyone' as the main goal and with that I believe, if he managed to convince his sponsors and managing team that THIS, the tickets, the main source of income, can be cheaper, he's either has their full credit (including monetary one :D) or full trust in his marketing prowess (which, considering what's happening in Sendai for the parade, is 100% refundable lol).

If 66 theaters won't fill it's also okay, since it's symbolism et all (also, I'm not sure if they won't fill- Tenimyu for the final stage usually rents out at least 12 venues for live viewing, some of which are abroad, which has to be more expensive, and fan reports usually talk about full or almost full audiences-and, we're speaking about a freakinf 2,5D musical, not Japanese Winter sports hero)

6 minutes ago, tafattsbarn said:

tumblr_p3ve44LKvR1tihy9fo1_540.gif

tumblr_p3ve44LKvR1tihy9fo2_540.gif

cr

Yuzu with cats? This is everything i needed in my life :0 Where can i find the video to this? Are there more Yuzu with cats moments? :10636614:

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, liv said:

He is SO  getting a cat when his future lifestyle allows for it, lol. 

what about his asthma tho

10 minutes ago, tafattsbarn said:

tumblr_p3ve44LKvR1tihy9fo1_540.gif

tumblr_p3ve44LKvR1tihy9fo2_540.gif

cr

Yuzu with cats? This is everything i needed in my life :0 Where can i find the video to this? Are there more Yuzu with cats moments? :10636614:

That's from the fluff piece for NHK special Exhibition isn't it? Where he visited the families still living in a shelters and that lovely old couple had a cat and were cooing at it and Yuzu in one place?Tho this is the only scene of him and the cat...

I'll look for it

I'd also argue that cinemas very rarely sell out anyway. Few movies have full cinemas and that's a common thing. I'm still pretty sure CiONTU will sell more than your average movie, so there shouldn't be any losses.

12 minutes ago, Toni said:

It'll be okay. Most theaters don't have full rooms every day anyway; they're not losing a ton of money if the 66 rooms don't get filled in for that one day they'll stream the show there. 

19 minutes ago, liv said:

He is SO  getting a cat when his future lifestyle allows for it, lol. 

I always felt that Yuzu was a cat person, the vibe is strong in this one. 

6 minutes ago, Danibellerika said:

My coworker has asthma and allergies up the wazoo, but she has 4 cats that she absolutely adores. She's on medication but she doesn't care. 

True dedication to the ultimate fluff balls of happiness :tumblr_inline_np9uqfin9j1qid2nw_75sq: