General Yuzuru Chat

43 minutes ago, lazuliblade said:

All this talk of Yuzu's pronouns and manliness reminds me of the same questions 4-ish years ago. There was an interviewer who asked Nobu who was the most manly of Team Japan, and he said "Yuzu" which shocked the interviewer (I think they were expecting Daisuke to be the answer). The interview cut to a scene where Yuzu half-way bridal carries Daisuke when they're introduced on stage during Fantasy on Ice 2014. That's also the interview where Nobu says that Yuzu is a do-S type of person which is why he works well with Nobu since he admits to being do-M.  To put it in the simplest way, Yuzu is the type that enjoys teasing/making-fun-of friends, whereas do-M enjoy being teased or making the comeback remark. Basically, he would be the dominating one in a relationship.
I seem to remember other skaters agreeing on Yuzu being the most masculine in Team Japan despite being the youngest... I should go dig up the interview.

To add on to this, I remember a couple of the more senior skaters + Nobu were backstage in a show/comp and one of them said Yuzu hates it when people imitate him :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp: There's no denying he likes to be the one teasing lol. 

33 minutes ago, wpisces said:

But he was joking that he could see he would be dominated by his wife  :rofl:

That would make sense because I'm pretty sure he barely knows anything about how to run a domestic household :13877886:I'm not shading you Yuzu because I am also just as clueless 

19 時間前, VyVy99さんが言いました:

Someone in the Planet said she likes Octopus arts but I forgot exactly who. And I must say, Sparkle that your new profile picture goes well with this theme like LGC's costume to the arena :rofl:

a7b8db63615b0e8d3b2819e7750e8672--banana

I never knew needed this in my life. Thank you.

Also, I love everyone here but @SparkleSalad holds a very special place in my heart. If being a fabulous forum member gets you fans, SparkleWakababySalad, you've got a die-hard one in me. Just sayin'.

1 hour ago, lazuliblade said:

All this talk of Yuzu's pronouns and manliness reminds me of the same questions 4-ish years ago. There was an interviewer who asked Nobu who was the most manly of Team Japan, and he said "Yuzu" which shocked the interviewer (I think they were expecting Daisuke to be the answer). The interview cut to a scene where Yuzu half-way bridal carries Daisuke when they're introduced on stage during Fantasy on Ice 2014. That's also the interview where Nobu says that Yuzu is a do-S type of person which is why he works well with Nobu since he admits to being do-M.  To put it in the simplest way, Yuzu is the type that enjoys teasing/making-fun-of friends, whereas do-M enjoy being teased or making the comeback remark. Basically, he would be the dominating one in a relationship.
I seem to remember other skaters agreeing on Yuzu being the most masculine in Team Japan despite being the youngest... I should go dig up the interview.

I can absolutely see that - for me, when you pare all the 'window dressing' on Yuzu down (his media polish, the misleading cuteness/'pretty' packaging), I think he's fuelled by that fire and drive to both succeed and dominate (the Do-S side) - and that has nothing to do with age. Where others might fold or self-doubt or back down, he charges and has a thirst to be on top; it gives him confidence and fierceness and I guess that is what you would traditionally associate with the 'alpha male' type masculinity - in some ways I think of it as how 'loud' your personality/presence is - can you dominate the room and be the one influencing others instead of being influenced? To use Daisuke as an example for contrast, he has described himself as a 'herbivore' (which in Japan is - correct me if I'm wrong - used to describe a man who is more sensitive/soft inside). For all Daisuke is good at performing that sexy, extroverted masculinity, the fact he has revealed he regularly struggles with confidence, self-esteem etc. is what distinguishes him from Yuzu (I don't doubt Yuzu struggles w/ confidence at times too but he would never show that to the media and I don't think it's the same brand of self doubt that Daisuke shares -- for Yuzu it's always about 'can I do this given my injury/circumstances' and not 'am I even capable of doing this?'*). but that's what's always given yuzu an inherent, unmistakeable 'masculinity' for me; the fact he's also equally confident to show his cute/soft/feminine side to me is actually a reflection of how strong his inner confidence is, because it's like 'I know who I am, I don't really care what others think and I do what I like'. And it's intriguing that side of him - soft, almost childlike love for things like Pooh/children/strawberry shortcake, with a very traditional feminine elegance in his performance - exists and is displayed almost equally with his fierce demon 'on-ice' side. It's a really rare blend!

(actually I can also totally see how Narumi would be the most 'masculine' of all of Team Japan - she gives even fewer fvcks than Yuzu lol I can easily see her dominating them all)

*again, a caveat that he may just be really really good at managing his media image. But the fact yuzu even says stuff like "basically I feel like I have no limits" either reflects what he truly believes or he's overcompensating. but I don't get a sense of the latter tbqh so...

1 hour ago, BWOZWaltz said:

I think his manliness only comes out when fs is involved. When he interacts with kids/bugs/plushies, he is so gentle and sweet...

Isn't that even cuter?? He describes himself as "indomitable", but only allows his wife to dominate him, and goes squishy when it comes to kids/bugs/plushies.

Still falling deep down the pit of Yazunori Hanro '"v"

tumblr_o4t6zwbLjW1s8h133o1_500.gif

2 minutes ago, VyVy99 said:

Isn't that even cuter?? He describes himself has "indomitable", but only allows his wife to dominate him, and goes squishy when it comes to kids/bugs/plushies.

Still falling deep down the pit of Yazunori Hanro '"v"

tumblr_o4t6zwbLjW1s8h133o1_500.gif

They call it Hanyu numa... it's deep and bottomless pit I've heard...

34 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

I never knew needed this in my life. Thank you.

Also, I love everyone here but @SparkleSalad holds a very special place in my heart. If being a fabulous forum member gets you fans, SparkleWakababySalad, you've got a die-hard one in me. Just sayin'.

Where should I take you on our honeymoon, my sweet? :biggrin: 

3 minutes ago, katonice said:

Well, they're not giving us fanyus a minute of peace with our wallets are they? 

WHAT?! NOOOO! I NEED THESE TO LIVE! 

Actually, just found a great example of Yuzu's 'manly speech' patterns in this interview with Matsuoka by coincidence on t-list -- you notice he says ねぇぞ (neezo - eg. dekineezo) instead of ない (its polite/'proper' form) a lot, which is a very masculine/casual thing and this entire interview is littered with moments of Yuzu's really dominating/confident side coming out. The part starting 6:37 where he says 'Congrats but I'm gonna win next time' to Patrick after Skate Canada 2015 and also how he described himself thinking '学習しちゃえ (I'm gonna learn!), 盗んじゃえ (I'm gonna steal [the title or Patrick's skill, it's not quite clear])' in 2010 is actually both a reflection of how much confidence/will to dominate he had even as a teenager ('alpha male' tendencies tbh) and also a good example of how I imagine he'd probably talk casually with his friends ( : Frankly I'm surprised he said it like this in front of Matsuoka (who even says 'wow....you actually (dared to) say that ['I'm gonna win next time' to Patrick] to him' but it shows how comfortable he is around Matsuoka actually, and also the playful nature of the interview - maybe riding the high of post NHK ( :

(lowkey also loving how when he realised all of boyang's power had come out in the NHK, he was like 'OSHAAAAA' (hell yeaaah) and 'KITAAA' (it's here) in excitement (around 9:30))