General Yuzuru Chat

Hi, beautiful people, im new over here and i don't know if this is the right Place to ask, but.... i have been looking for a video of the Olympics presscon right after SP,  where there is Yuzu, Javi and Shoma, but i havent find it so, can a kind soul help me?

thanks! 

58 minutes ago, Mineeal said:

Hi, beautiful people, im new over here and i don't know if this is the right Place to ask, but.... i have been looking for a video of the Olympics presscon right after SP,  where there is Yuzu, Javi and Shoma, but i havent find it so, can a kind soul help me?

thanks! 

As far as I know the full presscons w three skaters both after SP and FS hasn’t been released - it’s not on the thread @ruruzest linked. Which is a crime tbh. Jackie Wong’s livetweet thread of what was said is the best record we have (do Twitter Advanced Search and find jackie’s Tweets on that day)

1 hour ago, Mineeal said:

thanks! 

Has the video been released? I don’t know...

9 hours ago, singermelodie1 said:

so the show is three hours?:english1:

The actual show starts 12 noon so I'd say the extra time is to allow for sponsor adv. It would be a recorded live not live streaming so they would edit some of the contents and that's probably where commentators (Nobu?) do their bit.

6 hours ago, singermelodie1 said:

This is so cute and wholesome:9:

And his love for GOLD is already obvious...

2 hours ago, Mineeal said:

thanks! 

Hi, you should look in the media. Planet Hanyu has links to just about everything. It's a wonderful resource if you're a Yuzu fan. You should look around at the other forums.

3 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

The mentioning of LGC and WR made me realize why I still want it, despite also wanting new programs. It's less about him doing it clean - despite the small, but costly mistakes, Worlds LGC was great for me and of course, GPF LGC is even more special because of that 4Lo wobble and his grin afterwards - and more about the program getting what it deserves. LGC is a hard program that he makes look easy and it seemed to me like it was looked down on by many. I admit I'm also one of those who enjoys non-classical programs more than classical ones and I would get a bit annoyed when everyone was gushing about Chopin all the time, when it was announced ^_^;  Well, I also felt judges looked down on it, too, and never really warmed up to it, just like they didn't H&L (despite the record). But that's harder to conclude, since it really never was clean. But I believe LGC getting a record would be really special, to me at least. (And yes, Seimei isn't classical either, but as an instrumental, it's a bit closer, IMO.) Also, I think with LGC, Yuzu also pushed his own boundaries and stepped a little bit out of his comfort zone. It sucks that wasn't properly rewarded, IMO. (Although seeing the final Chopin at the Olympics, I kind of felt a bit of an LGC - confidence and sensuality, in a way - influence in it. So I'm sure he did learn what he meant to from it.)

Personally I think Yuzuru didnt manage to embody the aura of Prince, so to speak. He tried very hard, but it's just not in him.

I've seen Prince's performances, it felt different. A western skater or skater who's a hardcore fan of Prince would have done better.

Seimei, like Yuzu himself said, is more him.

Hope & legacy was too subtle in it's message/nuances, it didnt come across as rising up from Tsunami , even from my Asian eyes(that's what Shae LB said the message was)

Like I'm a fan of MJ, Michael Jackson(yeah yeah, same era as Prince). I know if a dancer does MJ's song close to MJ's moves. \

For instance, in one of the tribute to MJ, my friend was praising a Kpop idol for doing Smooth Criminal. I was <facepalming> , it was bad. I directed him to one of MJ's conserts where MJ performed Smooth Criminal, specifing look at the feet.

@KatjaThera and @eagle I’m not that familiar with Prince but I thought the program suited Yuzu just fine and I think others would agree, and I think the judges appreciated it too. It’s just that he never skated it squeaky clean so he didn’t get to score too high with it. If he had I expected it would’ve easily been a new WR at the time. 

Now Hope and Legacy is an entirely different story. It’s without a doubt Yuzu’s most experimental program to date, one with a somewhat vague theme that you wouldn’t guess just by knowing the music. @eagle where did Shae Lynn mention it was about rising up from the tsunami? From what I read it Shae Lynn said it was  about Yuzuru’s skating life and Yuzu has said it was about nature, but I hadn’t heard the tsunami expressly mentioned before. 

17 minutes ago, kiches said:

@KatjaThera and @eagle I’m not that familiar with Prince but I thought the program suited Yuzu just fine and I think others would agree, and I think the judges appreciated it too. It’s just that he never skated it squeaky clean so he didn’t get to score too high with it. If he had I expected it would’ve easily been a new WR at the time. 

Now Hope and Legacy is an entirely different story. It’s without a doubt Yuzu’s most experimental program to date, one with a somewhat vague theme that you wouldn’t guess just by knowing the music. @eagle where did Shae Lynn mention it was about rising up from the tsunami? From what I read it Shae Lynn said it was  about Yuzuru’s skating life and Yuzu has said it was about nature, but I hadn’t heard the tsunami expressly mentioned before. 

About Shae's comment on H&L, I forgot where, should be one of the CBC interviews. Rather what she understood as the message Yuzu wanted. Wait.... I go search, it's Sunday afternoon, I have free time.

On Prince and artists from the same era, I have high standards I reckon since I know how they actually performed. This was a time when singers had to actually know how to sing properly without autotune. The whole performance did not feel Prince, it looked like a Japanese trying super hard to perform a Prince number.