General Yuzuru Chat

25 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

can we take a moment and appreciate how Brian looks exceptionally younger :smiley-laughing021:

I know why. Because the beast is not yet released to the jumping ground hence the relaxation :peek:

Well, since it appears that Yuzu is back at TCC the pressure on Brian is starting to grow.  Is Yuzu back on skates yet?  Everyone knows that he is impatient since I have a feeling without skates on his feet his legs seem incomplete.  Then on the ice, what can he get away with?  Yuzu is going to be like a child or teenager, constantly testing Brian's limits.  I think, though, that the recent brush with a potentially career-ending injury may have tempered Yuzu's ambitions a bit.  But if he's on the ice and others around him are doing jumps Yuzu is going to want to get in on the fun.  I'm thinking particularly of young Stephen G.  If that pubescent kid is doing the kinds of jumps Yuzu does when in full strength Yuzu's going to be really anxious to start the aerial acrobatics.  Brian's solution?  Make sure the two are never on the ice at the same time or make sure that Stephen's wearing an anchor that keeps him glued to the ice.  Stephen, more than Javi or Cha, will be a real goad for Yuzu because of the age difference and Yuzu remembering he wasn't doing those jumps at that age.  Even though Stephen has tons of stuff to learn about the other elements of skating he's still doing the quads everyone else are doing.  Yuzu's major fear here, and I'm serious, is that of all those at TCC Stephen has the best chance to beat Yuzu to the 4A, perhaps being the first anywhere to do it.  Can you imagine the sensation if the first skater to nail a 4A in competition is a kid on the junior circuit?

But back to Yuzu and impatience.  During these weeks (and even months) of relative inactivity I do think Yuzu's been busy.  We can't know for sure but he is probably already plotting his programs for the upcoming season.  Considering that he does his own music editing I have a strong feeling that the music has already been chosen and even perhaps edited.  He might also have the major structures of the programs mapped out if the music is finished (the sequence of jump passes and stuff).  Perhaps he's already in conference with choreographers.  I'm just hoping that he'll consider Misha, at least for an exhibition piece.  The one thing that one can be sure is that there is not a choreographer on the planet who will turn down a Yuzu request to do a piece for him.  Yuzu is the one skater who can make anyone's choreography look good.

And Brian, what is his challenge outside of keeping Yuzu on good behavior and keeping the outside world informed enough to keep it at bay but leaving enough questions unanswered that the skating world will not divert its attention?  I think Brian is looking at the rearrangement of his stable of skaters.  Javi is pretty much gone.  He says he might return at times to consult with Brian but basically as far as Brian is considered Javi is no longer a 'work in progress'.  Yuzu is very much a work in progress and I think at this point he is Brian's number one project, at least until the ankle is back to normal and there is some sense of which direction Yuzu's life and career are headed.  Cha and Stephen are now the ones moving into Brian's spotlight (not that they haven't been already), the two of them starting to make their presence known to the world.  Cha did extremely well in his first Olympics, especially when taking into account his age and experience.  Stephen begins competing on the junior level this season although in strictly Canadian competitions he will be skating against the big boys on the senior level.  For Brian, though, this is an embarrassment of riches.  Right now, at least as far as training of the men is concerned, he is the most successful coach on the planet, and indeed might be moving towards a GOAT of his own.  I mean, the guy just had two of his athletes on the same podium at the Olympics. 

Looking at Brian's skaters, while Cha is fairly recent at TCC Stephen is a veteran.  He's been there as long as Yuzu has and unlike Yuzu Stephen is pretty much a product of Brian's coaching, having been working under him since age 7.  That is why I see Stephen as the major act following Yuzu in the next generation.  The thing with Stephen though is that he has to learn that there's more to skating than keeping oneself in the air as much as possible.  He needs his programs to be loaded with more choreographic detail.  That's how Yuzu gets so many of his points because his programs are far more than just a series of jumps.  I really feel that Yuzu is superior to Patrick as far as skating skills go since unlike Patrick Yuzu so seamlessly welds his jumps into the choreography rather than shaping the choreography around his jumps.  He's as much concerned with the time he spends on the ice as the time he spends in the air, and with this recent injury I think he realizes that he really needs a fully loaded choreography to keep him in competition when his jumps aren't cooperating.

Back to Brian.  Brian's real challenger now is to keep Yuzu on good behavior.  Yuzu, in essence, misbehaved when trying that 4Lz  back at NHK when he wasn't quite warmed up enough to do it.  In essence Yuzu grounded himself and I have a feeling that Brian has not been reluctant to point out to Yuzu that careless behavior can have very bad results.  For all of us, who unlike Brian cannot see Yuzu's progress from day to day, Brian's challenge is keeping us informed enough to let us know how things are going but not enough to let the competition know what Yuzu they will be facing come this autumn.  I can live with that.

@micaelis you’ve talked about Stephen a lot before but I really don’t see where you’re getting the basis for Stephen being the most pressing motivator for Yuzu - there are so many senior skaters right now who are an immediate challenge. Brian’s smart about jumps. Almost no way he’s going to be encouraging Stephen to go for a 4A while he hasn’t stopped growing, where he absolutely doesn’t need it and when he has so much to polish re: skating skills etc. It’s a bloody dangerous jump, here’s a reason no one’s even attempted it for fun. 

I do agree there’s no way Yuzu’s keeping idle re: skating but he’s still recovering and will be for awhile. he’s matured a lot this season and Brian isn’t his caretaker. If anything, Olympics solidified how well they can do when they’re working together as a team to strategise for the season ahead. And no, I don’t expect any updates abt Yuzu’s condition from Brian during off season esp when coming back from injury - there’s no precedent I know of. 

((Misha’s mentioned the problem w choreographing for Yuzu isn’t lack of desire on either party but bc there’s a lot of bureaucracy and approval surrounding Yuzu they need to clear iirc. Which makes me sad, I’d love an EX collab between them))

I've been assuming he's on skates in all these pics. Didn't Brian say around worlds that Yuzu is back on the ice, just stroking (something to this effect) as part of recovery, so he won't lose muscle memory/be away from the ice for too long

3 hours ago, liv said:

I think it was nice of yuzu to bring has gold to TCC again to show everyone. It would be easy to leave it in Japan, but he brought it to share with the club..... or maybe he still loves it too much to be parted from it, lol!!!!

Yuzu and gold medal is like gollum and his precious ring. Cnt be parted lol

6 hours ago, MrPudding said:

prays that 2017-2018 season is the ritual to break all silver Canada :meditationf:

He jst needs 4CC gold and he grand slams. 

Skate Canada or Skate America gold medal would be fine for me but I hate Skate Americas plastic medal and 

The Skate Canadas glass medal... 

Cnt they afford medals? Hoping yuzu doesnt go to IdF cuz they give out blue plastic stars 

2 hours ago, kaerb said:

((Misha’s mentioned the problem w choreographing for Yuzu isn’t lack of desire on either party but bc there’s a lot of bureaucracy and approval surrounding Yuzu they need to clear iirc. Which makes me sad, I’d love an EX collab between them))

Care to share to this noob what kind of bureaucracy is there? Just curious. 

And i I think soft longish hair look looks good on Yuzu! the current length is just fine... any longer.... *take out scissors*

4 hours ago, dotsquare said:

Omg I can't :rofl: It's a ranking for celebrities who have super glowy, transparent and clear skin :13877886: Yuzu loses to no one, even in the skin department

Here's the list:

1. Yui Aragaki (Yuzu's celebrity crush :rofl:)

2. Kanna Hashimoto

3. Haruka Ayase

4. Yuzuru Hanyu

5. Mai Shiraishi

6. Alice Hirose

6. Haruka Igawa

6. Mei Nagano

9. Eri Fukatsu

10. Rena Nounen

Since he doesn't have makeup on, his super glowy, transparent and clear skin is ALL his. So basically, he's number 1!