General Yuzuru Chat

4 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

I'd never seen this before. Towards the end (9min+) Yuzu says he's working on Sing Sing Sing? I've heard he wanted to do it but didn't realise he'd done more than think about it. Does anyome have any more information about it or know what kind of program it was intended to be? Was he perhaps hoping to do it in ice shows before his injury got too bad?

I was at this small medal ceremony and the original question asked was what is your favorite program. His answer was his current programs, but that he loved his old programs like Sing, Sing, Sing and Change (which the translator missed).

Forgot to add, this competition result was the pits but Yuzu looked really radiant at this medal ceremony! The first thing I thought when I saw him was that his skin looked amazing here. I think he may have had an interview right before this and maybe they put a little bit of powder on him because his face looked so smooth. He's got great natural skin, but this was a step above what I'm used to seeing.

DZV1ug8VoAA7c1F.jpg

I went to the local bookoff and then casually reorganized the tabloids so it's all yuzu photos in front. :space:I did flip through them but nothing stood out enough to me to warrant spending $3 for something I can't read. I'm guessing this is the closest I can get to how it would be like in Japan from California. 

20 minutes ago, cinemacoconut said:

There is this huge talk in the biggest korean skating forum that because Adam Ripppn and not Yuzuru Hanyu was selected as a nominee for Time's most influential 100, that Adam is a better skater.

Im not suprised cuz they really hate yuzu over there

:headdesk2:

Just because he's Japanese?

Well that's stupid:3:

17 minutes ago, cinemacoconut said:

There is this huge talk in the biggest korean skating forum that because Adam Ripppn and not Yuzuru Hanyu was selected as a nominee for Time's most influential 100, that Adam is a better skater.

To be perfectly honest, who cares? I mean Yuzuru has had this incredible achievement, he is recognized by so many skating greats out there, journos, he has so many people that support him that I don't think we should even be bothered by stuff like this. It's a waste of time when so so many good things have happened and keep happening. I can only feel sorry for them for not finding some joy in more beautiful things but hey, we all make our choices. 

4 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

To be perfectly honest, who cares? I mean Yuzuru has had this incredible achievement, he is recognized by so many skating greats out there, journos, he has so many people that support him that I don't think we should even be bothered by stuff like this. It's a waste of time when so so many good things have happened and keep happening. I can only feel sorry for them for not finding some joy in more beautiful things but hey, we all make our choices. 

Yes but I was kinda suprized cuz Korean skating forum was on about how Yuna Kim got in the Time's influential 100 list, but yuzu wasnt even nominated as a vote nominee after 2 straight titles.

I did send an email to include him on the voting list, cuz the voting lasts a week lol. I wished the media would honor him in that way cuz he is a figure skating legend. 

Just now, cinemacoconut said:

Yes but I was kinda suprized cuz Korean skating forum was on about how Yuna Kim got in the Time's influential 100 list, but yuzu wasnt even nominated as a vote nominee after 2 straight titles.

I did send an email to include him on the voting list, cuz the voting lasts a week lol. I wished the media would honor him in that way cuz he is a figure skating legend. 

Adam probably got favoured not because of his skating but because of his work for the LGBTQ+ community. Also, the American media is head over heels for him right now, and maybe Time decided that they only have space for one figure skater. 

The other thing could be that maybe the Japanese fanyus didn't know about the Time list? 

Obviously Yuzu definitely deserves to be on there, but it's not a massive deal if he's not. He's going to be one of the most celebrated skaters for a very long time- a spot on the Time 100 is pretty inconsequential compared to all that Yuzu has achieved. 

1 minute ago, dotsquare said:

Adam probably got favoured not because of his skating but because of his work for the LGBTQ+ community. Also, the American media is head over heels for him right now, and maybe Time decided that they only have space for one figure skater. 

The other thing could be that maybe the Japanese fanyus didn't know about the Time list? 

Obviously Yuzu definitely deserves to be on there, but it's not a massive deal if he's not. He's going to be one of the most celebrated skaters for a very long time- a spot on the Time 100 is pretty inconsequential compared to all that Yuzu has achieved. 

Haha yes. But I still tweeted Times to ask why Yuzuru wasnt included on the list. They could include him and we can do the internet voting. 

Maybe people can tweet and ask and they might include. They are sensitive to user nominations if there is high demand. 

Im jst a bit upset the western media downplays his achievements when he is a walking legend..

19 minutes ago, cinemacoconut said:

Eh it's an American newspaper where results often look something like so and so actor has greater influence than Angela Merkel. I mean ... sure, it's often nice to get included in fluff of that type but it's just fluff. Where it counts, Zu has all the accolades. Dwelling on negativity doesn't help us in any way, and TSL btw is the worst of the worst, should just be ignored and not given 2 seconds of anyone's time.

@Erin I would be that girl except I would probably face plant and break something in the process :smiley-laughing021: