General Yuzuru Chat

12 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

:biggrin:

So cute, and definitely reflects my lil sister whenever i show her Yuzu's skating haha

4 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

Mhm, that. We've heard all the important bits from Zu himself.

Now just to wait for summer, to even see what the new rules are. 

This is true.

Again, newbie question, when will the new rules (most likely) come out? Like what month?

Also, even more of a newbie question, when does a new season even start? I've never followed figure skating as a sport until recently, i've mostly just been casually admiring Yuzu's performances from a far without understanding anything surrounding them for some years 

3 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

:tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp:

This redemption arc for Yuzu coverage on the olympic social media is something to behold, they should've bowed down to the power of Yuzu earlier but i'm glad they've come to their senses at last :devilYuzu:

15 minutes ago, tafattsbarn said:

So cute, and definitely reflects my lil sister whenever i show her Yuzu's skating haha

This is true.

Again, newbie question, when will the new rules (most likely) come out? Like what month?

Also, even more of a newbie question, when does a new season even start? I've never followed figure skating as a sport until recently, i've mostly just been casually admiring Yuzu's performances from a far without understanding anything surrounding them for some years 

This redemption arc for Yuzu coverage on the olympic social media is something to behold, they should've bowed down to the power of Yuzu earlier but i'm glad they've come to their senses at last :devilYuzu:

I have no idea when excactly the new rules will be published, but I would bet on after the ISU congress (or whatever is the name of that thing when all of the federations meet).

Oficially new season starts on july 1st, but first club competitions starts around mid to late august. Junior GP starts in late august too. Then in september starts Senior B competitions. Many top skaters take part in one of them to test their new programs. Senior GP starts in october. GP Final is at the begining of december. In late december (Japan, Russia) and january (USA, Canada) there are nationals. Euros are in late january, 4 Continents around mid february and Worlds are in late march of course :P 

2 times in oly cycle there is this thing called World Team Trophy (in april). It's basically a fluff competition with crazy judging (means more crazy than usual :laughing:) there will be one next year and then in 2021, as it's once per 2 years comp.

But don't worry, we have ice shows in the off season!

Hope I didn't mess up anything :biggrin:

8 minutes ago, Dori6886 said:

I have no idea when excactly the new rules will be published, but I would bet on after the ISU congress (or whatever is the name of that thing when all of the federations meet).

Oficially new season starts on july 1st, but first club competitions starts around mid to late august. Junior GP starts in late august too. Then in september starts Senior B competitions. Many top skaters take part in one of them to test their new programs. Senior GP starts in october. GP Final is at the begining of december. In late december (Japan, Russia) and january (USA, Canada) there are nationals. Euros are in late january, 4 Continents around mid february and Worlds are in late march of course :P 

2 times in oly cycle there is this thing called World Team Trophy (in april). It's basically a fluff competition with crazy judging (means more crazy than usual :laughing:) there will be one next year and then in 2021, as it's once per 2 years comp.

But don't worry, we have ice shows in the off season!

Hope I didn't mess up anything :biggrin:

Thank you, thank you :joy:This is everything i needed and more, you're an angel hehe

58 minutes ago, tafattsbarn said:

The ISU congress is from June 4th to June 8th, in Sevilla so we'll hear around that time. It has to be that early due to the programs and adjustments everyone's going to have to make. For Zu, knock on wood, it'll probably be just around the time he's at the end of his rehab so he'll be fine!

And just to add to the other things mentioned, we have the Junior GP season too, late summer, which is definitely something to watch! 

26 минут назад, kaeryth сказал:

There's 2 paintings apparently.

When I look at it for a bit more, I see a lot of differences from Yuzu. But at first sight, in the first picture, there was something Yuzu-like, for me. I think, something in the way the eyes and lips were painted.  I see his eyesight here.  

12 hours ago, MrPudding said:

I'm sure I've seen her work before in a museum collection or in an exhibition. Maybe at the Royal Academy? Her name is so familiar.

If you look at her other works and their subject matter, it's not surprising that she was inspired by Yuzu. More specifically, by Yuzu at practice in his UA gear rather than in costume at competition. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

It's based on the below image from here. I don't think she quite got the shape of his face (too heart shaped with a long, pointy chin) or his hair (too wavy) but she got his lips, nose and eyes.

image_l.jpeg

4 hours ago, OonsieHui said:

guys.... anyone have a link to a video for that last part of the PC practice where Yuzu and Javi were adorably asking Tracy for more skating skills stroking exercises to do? then they went off and did it together and all was right with the world!

I don't have the part with Tracy, but I did save the stroking exercise thing :biggrin: