General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, robin said:

Quad-quad combos don't make much sense within the current system. Having a quad-quad combo doesn't mean you can include more quads, the triple that is being replaced in the combo will still have to be accomodated in the program as a standalone triple somewhere. So the BV of the layout isn't raised by much, just the BV difference between a 3T and a 3Lz of 1.7 points at most. Additionally Yuzu would also have one more jumping pass where the GOE is curved by 0.7. The GOE of jumping passes that include a quad or a 3A are curved by 1.0, so the jumping passes which include a quad or 3A have to be maximized.

So by including a quad-quad combo he could only gain up to 1.7 points but also loose up to 0.9 points in GOE (in case he gets +3 GOE on that standalone triple). Considering how draining and difficult a quad-quad combo would be and the risk that would come with it that's simply not worth it. It would make more sense to work on a quint or something LOL

tl;dr: The risk is super high and the reward is minimal

eta: I realized a double could be replaced with a quad in a combo lol so the BV could be raised by 4.7 (2T -> 3Lz) but it still would make more sense to just learn another jump

Yuzu adds many elements into his programs that are high risk that don't get rewarded appropriately by the judges like his difficult entrances into and out of jumps (spread eagle sandwich anyone?) and packing transitions throughout (who else does Ina Bauer into a triple lutz at the end of an LP?). He doesn't need this additional difficulty to get the GOEs but he does them anyway. Why? Because he believes in complete programs, he has the balls to challenge himself to skate such programs and IMO because if he didn't add this difficulty, he'd get bored of his programs right away practicing them day in and day out.

As Max Ambesi says, Yuzu's ideal of skating is folly. With his mindset, even if quad-quad combos don't make sense from a risk/reward perspective, he's the type who'd do them anyway if he thought they would elevate his skating and he wanted to challenge himself to do them.

23 minutes ago, Aotoshiro said:

Well, TECHNICALLY they are right...he has a bigger chance, since now it's one-in-four, rather than one-in-seven, with three of the big 6 (big7 with Kolyada) are gone off the radar...too bad Nate actually wished for the lesser favorite if this meant he could compete with his half-idolised opponents...

But, why keep a tone of the article coherent with the interview put in it, right?

The showstealer even in the prev :1:

A bit off-topic, but I haven't seen this snippet about the bald Yuzu "Tono, Risaku de gozaru" promotional campaign? Lol, I love Nobu here (basically he's referring to the fact that although HE IS actually a descendant of the 'Tono' family [Odas] and he even have the title 'Lord on the ice" written in the headline of his blog, it's the 'white sking, pure smile, small face, perfect prince image' Yuzu that plays Tono. He finalises whining with a 'TONO Is-let's share that role, please![the grammar suggest much softer offer than the tone he is using which seriously adds to the comic effect]), and it has Spanish subs, for our Spanish-speaking users!

Uwuwuwuwuwuwuwuw so cute! XDXDXD

1 hour ago, MrPudding said:

This appears to be the new normal for Yuzu now.  Everywhere he goes theres the sound of 'two hands clapping' (at least in Japan).  I just hope that fans don't start throwing Poohs at him when they encounter him out on the street.  If they start doing that they'll have to appoint a squad of flower girls and boys to pick up the yellow/red debris after Yuzu has passed by.

5 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

i really hope max will meet yuzu one day

Lol Max joining Yuzuru in combating boyang media erasure! 

Love the people he included, but also love seeing who he DIDN'T include (mostly because they kinda match my own personal opinion of the field) 

4Lz 4Lo 4S3T 4T1lo3S 3A2T 4T (or 4S) 3A

this is what i'm thinking abt 7 jumping passes because this is basically the layout that he wanted to do this season (minus flip) that he had to give up. idk what will be the jumps in his arsenal for next season or if he's gonna add the 4A in his repertoire or if he's even gonna compete next season. i just want him to take his time for his rehabilitation and come back healthier and stronger. i will wait no matter how long it takes as long as he'll be happy 😁

4 minutes ago, ainjxx said:

4Lz 4Lo 4S3T 4T1lo3S 3A2T 4T (or 4S) 3A

this is what i'm thinking abt 7 jumping passes because this is basically the layout that he wanted to do this season (minus flip) that he had to give up. idk what will be the jumps in his arsenal for next season or if he's gonna add the 4A in his repertoire or if he's even gonna compete next season. i just want him to take his time for his rehabilitation and come back healthier and stronger. i will wait no matter how long it takes as long as he'll be happy 😁

Can someone calculate the base value of this jump layout?? 

Um, hey guys, can we take all the layout talk to the general skating chat?

If you place it there, I'm sure someone (*ahem me*) will be happy to run them through the fisk8 app for BV evaluations. =)

Let's keep all the layout-related hair loss to that thread, please.