General Yuzuru Chat

I don't pay much attention to the rankings, but I don't think actual score in a competition is considered. It is placement...1st gets you x points, 2nd x fewer points. If you look at the other disciplines it's the same, it is by position. If Shoma wins world's he gets 1200  points.... yuzu won Olys he gets 1200 points, shoma was 2nd he got however many points the 2nd position gets and so on.... 

24 minutes ago, liv said:

I don't pay much attention to the rankings, but I don't think actual score in a competition is considered. It is placement...1st gets you x points, 2nd x fewer points. If you look at the other disciplines it's the same, it is by position. If Shoma wins world's he gets 1200  points.... yuzu won Olys he gets 1200 points, shoma was 2nd he got however many points the 2nd position gets and so on.... 

Exactly. Each placement gets you certain points. Worlds and Olympics have different points than 4CC/Euros (a 1st place in the latter is only 840 compared to the 1200 of the first). However, a fourth place at Worlds would net more points than a 1st at 4CC, for example, so those would be the points added to a skaters ranking under Championships, since the highest points of the season are added to the ranking.

However the math of the ranking is not as straightforward since it eliminates lowest points in each category, which is why someone winning a certain amount of points doesn't always translate into having all those points added to their total. 

Edit:

ISU communication on World Standings

OMG! I'm rather new fan so I obviously didn't see ALL of Yuzu's skating, only one time for all his programs and now I finally went to a deeper waters-I start to watch all his skating for Hope and legacy. I read many-many times abt loosing hair when Yuzu was going YOLO! AND NOW I FINALLY FEEL YOU SISTERS T_T. I watched GFP 2016 FP and I literally felt how my hair raising up and left my poor head :darklordyuzu:

9 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Exactly. Each placement gets you certain points. Worlds and Olympics have different points than 4CC/Euros (a 1st place in the latter is only 840 compared to the 1200 of the first). However, a fourth place at Worlds would net more points than a 1st at 4CC, for example, so those would be the points added to a skaters ranking under Championships, since the highest points of the season are added to the ranking.

However the math of the ranking is not as straightforward since it eliminates lowest points in each category, which is why someone winning a certain amount of points doesn't always translate into having all those points added to their total. 

Edit:

ISU communication on World Standings

In a way, I don't think Worlds and Olys getting the same number of points is fair, but that's a different topic. Does this mean the most Shoma can get is 1200 instead of 1080, so he'd have 5241 points? so, still under Yuzu? Since that'd be his best result this season, instead of the silver at Olys... Or am I still missing something?

6 hours ago, CupidsBow said:

I think since 2014-15 season? iirc. 

He's likely to drop after Worlds and he's 5th in the season standings but it's understandable considering the injury and how little he's been able to compete

Oct 2013 I think he passed Patrick. Yuzu has been #1 in World Standings for more than 4 years.

12 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

In a way, I don't think Worlds and Olys getting the same number of points is fair, but that's a different topic. Does this mean the most Shoma can get is 1200 instead of 1080, so he'd have 5241 points? so, still under Yuzu? Since that'd be his best result this season, instead of the silver at Olys... Or am I still missing something?

He'd get 1200 instead of 1080, yes, and it would add 1200-1080=120 points to his ranking, so still below Yuzu.

But with the new season, starting July 1st, World standings will be reset and points from the 2015/2016 season will be lost, points from the 2016/2017 season will be at 70% and everyone will start at 0 points for the 2018/2019 season. As such WS will shift and Yuzu will drop in his ranking to 3rd or so. Missing GP season hurts quite a bit for the standings.

I don't really care about World's Standing. Because someday yuzu will retire so his ranking will drop. :idk:

What I care the most is his achievements in the sport. He makes history in figure skating, that's the matter. But ofc I'm happy that he was the 1st in figure skating for more than 4 years. That's incredible. :9:

Hace 12 horas, Yolo3a said:

I can't decide if he is cute or stupid

So for you it's appropriate to call someone it's supposed you support to call him stupid or does something stupid? There are fans that are really respectful in this forum so I please beg you to measure your words because I feel bad reading 'stupid' talking about Yuzuru.

1 hour ago, yuzuonice said:

:offtopic:

I'm just going to assume this is about Johnny trying to find a costume for Ave Maria :laughing:

I was rewatching his performance and that costume was TIGHT (it's ok Johnny, weren't you almost a teenager or sth back then :P)

I wonder if Yuzu ask the skaters he invited to perform the programs he liked from them.  :laughing:

6 minutes ago, Sammie said:

I wonder if Yuzu ask the skaters he invited to perform the programs he liked from them.  :laughing:

maybe they ask him if he would prefer to see one of their programs in particular.That's what i would do in a situation like this,as a guest i would try to find a way to be gracious to the host who was so kind to invite me

7 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

Yuzuru is definitely cute and he is definitely NOT stupid.

He is an exceptionally intelligent young man.

Yes, he's really intelligent. Normal people would used a wink emoticon like this  ; ) but he thinks differently. He used Ci for a wink. No one ever think about that. I consider him as genius. 

54 minutes ago, Yuazz said:

I don't really care about World's Standing. Because someday yuzu will retire so his ranking will drop. :idk:

What I care the most is his achievements in the sport. He makes history in figure skating, that's the matter. But ofc I'm happy that he was the 1st in figure skating for more than 4 years. That's incredible. :9:

I think the reason I'm feeling salty is because he's loosing his #1 standing not because he didn't do well, but because he missed the competition completely due to injury.... But oh well. That's how it goes, that's the system. 

As long as no one now takes whoever is the new #1 and goes like "he beat Yuzu!!" cause I would actually be raging.... :tumblr_m9ranru0Dx1qdlkyg:

19 minutes ago, Lenylan said:

So for you it's appropriate to call someone it's supposed you support to call him stupid or does something stupid? There are fans that are really respectful in this forum so I please beg you to measure your words because I feel bad reading 'stupid' talking about Yuzuru.

I think it's ony fair to point out that in some cultures calling someone "stupid" is not necessarily meant as a negative insult to a person's intelligence. I know it might sound wrong and strange, but it can almost be a term of endearment depending on the context and tone of voice. Like someone saying "he's so stupid~!" With a smile and in a teasing tone of voice can be quite a positive endearment. 

7 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

I think the reason I'm feeling salty is because he's loosing his #1 standing not because he didn't do well, but because he missed the competition completely due to injury.... But oh well. That's how it goes, that's the system. 

As long as no one now takes whoever is the new #1 and goes like "he beat Yuzu!!" cause I would actually be raging.... :tumblr_m9ranru0Dx1qdlkyg:

It's funny if people saying "he beat yuzu!" while actually yuzu didn't even participate in the competition :english2:

but you know, people cares so much to say that certain skater beat yuzu. It means yuzu is still considered as the one to beat. Like he's the best, so if you can beat him in the competition, it's incredible. However, yuzu losing in one or two competition doesn't mean his career was over. He's two time Olympic champion and no one can take that from him.