General Yuzuru Chat

I wasn't aware either of those things were being questioned... Not even he could graduate while also winning gold in the Olympics, I think... Plus, anyone following him will know he genuinely loves what he's studying - and I envy him for that so much lol - so why would he quit?

As for the Chinese character thing... I was just watching the Yuzu DVD this morning and he says he's good at 漢文 which my dictionary tells me is Chinese classical literature or literature written entirely in kanji. Of course being good at that or even kanji in general does not mean he would be interested in the Chinese origins of Japanese script. But it's Yuzu, so, you never know lol

3 hours ago, MrPudding said:

any fizzy drinks could do :rofl:its funny cause he called it a "juice"

i can't believe i'm de-lurking for this of all things lol but  it's common to call any kind of soda "fizzy drink/juice" where i'm from at least... so yuzuru is not alone in his odd turn of phrase!  :tumblr_inline_mfy92hO4sm1qid2nw:

2 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

I wasn't aware either of those things were being questioned... Not even he could graduate while also winning gold in the Olympics, I think... Plus, anyone following him will know he genuinely loves what he's studying - and I envy him for that so much lol - so why would he quit?

As for the Chinese character thing... I was just watching the Yuzu DVD this morning and he says he's good at 漢文 which my dictionary tells me is Chinese classical literature or literature written entirely in kanji. Of course being good at that or even kanji in general does not mean he would be interested in the Chinese origins of Japanese script. But it's Yuzu, so, you never know lol

Quite a bit of japanese kanji has different meaning from their counterpart in modern Chinese. Sometimes reading japanese kanji it works, but often enough it's a bit like comparing modern english with middle/high english from Chaucer. It might mean he's good at ancient texts, so the boy can probably kick my butt at translating Confucian quotes into something understandable. 

4 hours ago, CupidsBow said:

He's likely to drop after Worlds and he's 5th in the season standings but it's understandable considering the injury and how little he's been able to compete

This makes me sad.... Like I know it's understandable and everything, but it still makes me sad..... :(

I still don't understand how the world ranking is calculated... "best result by points per season" for example... what does that mean? lol Yuzu has 1200 for 2017/2018 because he won the Olympics. So his highest point score in Worlds/Olympics is the highest overall so far so it's worth 1200 points? Or is it actually just that he won? If Shoma were to win Worlds, would it matter if his points score is or isn't bigger than Yuzu's? Like if Shoma won with 318 points, he'd get 1200 and Yuzu would get 1080 (which is what Shoma has now)? Or would Shoma winning just get him 1200 alongside Yuzu's 1200? Or is it something else? (I need examples with numbers, the existing explanations just make my head spin lol)

And I thought Yuzu has been leading the ranking since GPF 2013?

23 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

I still don't understand how the world ranking is calculated... "best result by points per season" for example... what does that mean? lol Yuzu has 1200 for 2017/2018 because he won the Olympics. So his highest point score in Worlds/Olympics is the highest overall so far so it's worth 1200 points? Or is it actually just that he won? If Shoma were to win Worlds, would it matter if his points score is or isn't bigger than Yuzu's? Like if Shoma won with 318 points, he'd get 1200 and Yuzu would get 1080 (which is what Shoma has now)? Or would Shoma winning just get him 1200 alongside Yuzu's 1200? Or is it something else? (I need examples with numbers, the existing explanations just make my head spin lol)

And I thought Yuzu has been leading the ranking since GPF 2013?

to my knowing yuzu has been ranking no 1 in the world since 2013 till present day.i don't know where this 2014-2015 stuff came from tbh,it's the first time i hear this :shrug: