General Yuzuru Chat

23 minutes ago, Danibellerika said:

Wow the psychological warfare was real!!  I watched barely any practices online partially for my own sanity, partially because the were geoblocked, and partially because I just didn't have the time, so this sequence is news to me and boy is it glorious!!  Looking at all of these fancams I am finally getting off my bum to upload mine.  I've not even watched them since those days so it'll be fun to relive a bit.  Curious how my screaming there stacks up to my Helsinki screaming.  

As for the rest of your post, I think Yuzu likes to have goals for himself. I feel like successful people like him don't relax for too long because they don't know how to do it.  He'll set his mind to what's next even if it requires patience.

I find it interesting how Brian spoke about the very strategic decision of that 'singles, 3A, bow' first practice and how it was done with certain intention to not let on what Yuzu's shape really was and how you don't need to win every practice for it to be effective. 

For some who do not know, if you purchased Aoi Honoo I and II, and are able to show proof of purchase, you can get full fan-translated translations on the two books in English.

For Aoi Honoo I, nonchan1023 had translated it and this is the instruction on how to get it. They had also subbed many of Yuzuru's documentaries which are available on their website.

For Aoi Honoo II, tsukihoshi14 on Tumblr had kindly taken on the project, and had recently announced that they just finished translating the book. These are their announcements (1 and 2) on tumblr. Like nonchan1023, they will send you the translation if you show them proof of purchase after they finish finalizing the details.

(ETA: This is the link to the instructions on how to receive the translation by tsukihoshi14).

If you haven't purchase the books, yuzusorbet had been translating some of Yuzuru Method and Aoi Honoo II on their Tumblr that are available to everyone. This is a masterpost on their translations.

Both autobiographies are still available on Amazon JP, and they do shipped internationally. These are the links for the first book and second book. Please consider purchasing them if you have the means because they are for a good cause. The proceeds from the two books are donated to Sendai Ice Rink where Yuzuru trained at since young.

For his newest book Yume wo Ikiru, wherespacepooh (gladi) had translated his Afterword and some of the earlier Ice Jewels interviews in the book on her Tumblr. They had made a post detailing their works related to the new book.

4 hours ago, xeyra said:

I find it interesting how Brian spoke about the very strategic decision of that 'singles, 3A, bow' first practice and how it was done with certain intention to not let on what Yuzu's shape really was and how you don't need to win every practice for it to be effective. 

Where did Brian say this? (Sorry I missed it. I thought I've been doing well in keeping up with this thread, but clearly not). 

16 minutes ago, wingman said:

Where did Brian say this? (Sorry I missed it. I thought I've been doing well in keeping up with this thread, but clearly not). 

I honestly don't remember which article but I'll try to find his interviews during this time and let you know.

1 hour ago, wingman said:

Found it! Not sure if this was the original source since I saw other similar articles when I searched, but it's here:

Hanyu’s path to second Olympic gold was paved with patience

https://borneobulletin.com.bn/hanyus-path-to-second-olympic-gold-was-paved-with-patience/

“Yuzu came here for his first practice and it was in front of plenty of media, as you can imagine. No one had heard anything about his condition, it was top secret for good reasons — he had to heal properly.

“So for that first practice, we just had him do 10 to 15 minutes; at one point he was doing compulsory figures out there. We didn’t want to show the others he was ready, so we took a simple approach to the practice. I learnt a long time ago, when I was skating, that you don’t have to win every practice.”