General Yuzuru Chat

12 minutes ago, Floria said:

Probably it was already shared but it made me remember how after his arrival to PC I thought that Yuzu was not so focused on winning as before and just happy to be on ice again, but now, after reading his and Brian's interviews I see that I was completely wrong. He wanted this OGM badly from the start. It was his only motivation and he made it happen. It's so scary and amazing  at the same time.  I don't know if I will ever get over it.

i think it was a mix of both? his injury was bad enough that it cost him a lot of time he could have used to do physical training, but i feel like the months off ice really gave him a different perspective in terms of his priorities. in one of brian's interviews, it seems like he hinted that yuzu didn't just want to win OGM, he also wanted to do it while breaking WRs (but ofc, this is yuzu /facepalm).

but because of the injury, it seems like yuzu shifted his focus to trusting whatever progress he makes before the olympics, and believing that it would be enough for him to defend his OGM. like what brian also said in one of his interviews, yuzu is used to trusting his training. for PC, yuzu had to skate with faith in himself above all else. :) 

if he had gone there with the knowledge that he's in top form, i feel like he might have been too harsh on himself. the injury was both a blessing and a curse, but i'm just glad he got the gold he worked so hard for these past 4 years <3 (now we wait for him to recover :) )

43 minutes ago, Floria said:

Probably it was already shared but it made me remember how after his arrival to PC I thought that Yuzu was not so focused on winning as before and just happy to be on ice again, but now, after reading his and Brian's interviews I see that I was completely wrong. He wanted this OGM badly from the start. It was his only motivation and he made it happen. It's so scary and amazing  at the same time.  I don't know if I will ever get over it.

Anyone has a link of this video/interview? 

I am not sure if this had been clear to everyone and I just happened to miss this detail until now but I just realized Yuzu playing with that Tokyo 2020 fan during Gala practice was him doing part of the Seimei choreography???

My mind is kind of blown bc Yuzu must have been holding an imaginary fan during that part of the program all along??

Also please take another moment to appreciate how well that fan extends his lines :13877886: He's so naturally graceful, I could die

12 minutes ago, robin said:

I am not sure if this had been clear to everyone and I just happened to miss this detail until now but I just realized Yuzu playing with that Tokyo 2020 fan during Gala practice was him doing part of the Seimei choreography???

My mind is kind of blown bc Yuzu must have been holding an imaginary fan during that part of the program all along??

Also please take another moment to appreciate how well that fan extends his lines :13877886: He's so naturally graceful, I could die

It'd make sense since in the movie Semei does a fan dance

ETA: Actually that's the ending credits scene, only without the scrolling credits. But in the movie, Onmyouji II, Seimei battles evil with a fan (dance). I don't remember the details, though ^_^;

Actually, slightly OT, but this has reminded me... one thing I always found interesting is that movie Seimei is actually very playful. He jokes and teases and pranks. Of course, he does get serious when it's necessary to be serious, but overall, he's very playful (I guess to further make one wonder if he really might be half kitsune). Yuzu's Seimei has mostly focused on the serious Seimei. I think it'd be awesome if one day he'd do a more colorful - or black and red :P - Seimei and focus on the playful Seimei. That could potentially be deadly for us, though lol

1 minute ago, KatjaThera said:

Actually, slightly OT, but this has reminded me... one thing I always found interesting is that movie Seimei is actually very playful. He jokes and teases and pranks. Of course, he does get serious when it's necessary to be serious, but overall, he's very playful (I guess to further make one wonder if he really might be half kitsune). Yuzu's Seimei has mostly focused on the serious Seimei. I think it'd be awesome if one day he'd do a more colorful - or black and red :P - Seimei and focus on the playful Seimei. That could potentially be deadly for us, though lol

Do you think that bringing Trollzuru to the ice is a good idea for our poor hearts?

20 minutes ago, robin said:

For a moment there, I thought the post means 'with a person who is a fan of Yuzu', and I was "I'm not sure any of his fans would survive it", and then I saw the fan the tool, I went "Oh." But, yes, yes. Please.

1 minute ago, Hydroblade said:

Do you think that bringing Trollzuru to the ice is a good idea for our poor hearts?

Maybe not, but what a way to go! :9:

(Also, I have a feeling we won't escape cheeky Yuzu in the future, anyway, kitsune or no kitsune... :peekapooh:)

3 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

For a moment there, I thought the post means 'with a person who is a fan of Yuzu', and I was "I'm not sure any of his fans would survive it", and then I saw the fan the tool, I went "Oh." But, yes, yes. Please.

Well there’s no shortage of fans among skaters :glasses:

10 minutes ago, robin said:

Well there’s no shortage of fans among skaters :glasses:

Well as long as he stays clear from electric fans I am OK with both :9:

Though I agree with using electric fans to get lots of gold "ribbons"( how are the gold thingies in CoR gala called?) on ice so Yuzu can play and be cute with them :embSwan:

6 minutes ago, AmudoBun said:

Well as long as he stays clear from electric fans I am OK with both :9:

Though I agree with using electric fans to get lots of gold "ribbons"( how are the gold thingies in CoR gala called?) on ice so Yuzu can play and be cute with them :embSwan:

Yuzu swirling in the midst of flying golden ribbons and confetti? :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: That would be an appropriate celebration of his achievements and existence