General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, dotsquare said:

In support of your theory, I remember a recent interview where Brian said Yuzu had been working on the 4A with the harness last year. The harness guy even said there were some attempts where he didn't have to do anything. I think Yuzu is pretty darn close. 

Exactly. 

So he can jump 4A on harness?? 

Why hasnt he jumped quad flip with harness? 

1 minute ago, ClarissaH said:

I'm a total noob. What's this 'harness' in mention? Like, I know what a harness is but how is it used in this case?  

like that , the harness is really useful to learn new jump 

1 minute ago, ClarissaH said:

I'm a total noob. What's this 'harness' in mention? Like, I know what a harness is but how is it used in this case?  

It's like a massive fishing pole connected to a body harness that the skater wears. The 'harness guy' holds onto the pole and helps support the skater while they're up in the air mid-jump. Like safety wheels but for jumps :)

I don't know if any of you already talked about it, but what is this about?

DX-mjidVQAA_YuW.jpg

I only read something about "Tokyo university" "genius", some random words. I didn't really understand much. Can anyone explain please?

32 minutes ago, Sammie said:

:9:

sponsor him some suits while you're at it please :peek:

26 minutes ago, cinemacoconut said:

Exactly. 

quoting brian: 'he's not good with flip so lets not even go there' :LOL:

3 hours ago, cinemacoconut said:

Exactly. 

Generally, whatever quirk a skater has with a jump in its triple form, it will be amplified and made more pronounced in the quad form. Like Yuzu's loop - he has a slightly different way of taking off for the loop because he really likes the outside edge. This is visible in his triple loop, but in his quad loop, it is very, very pronounced. Or Shoma, his 3F has slight pre-rotation and using whole blade instead of toepick problems, but in his 4F, it's very pronounced. Or look at Yuzu's 3Lz vs his 4Lz - his edge is already very outside for his 3Lz, and his picking toe is angled a little differently than usual, but his specific technique is very obvious in his 4Lz.

Now we come to his Flip. Yuzu was a notorious Lipper - using the outside edge for the Flip instead of an inside edge, as he's supposed to, which is what makes a Flip a Flip and not a Lutz - when he was younger. He worked hard on it and he fixed it. Ironically enough, his way of fixing it was by making the entry quite difficult (aside, for anybody who might have noticed: I was watching 2011 COR R+J yesterday, did he have the same entry into the flip then? Looked like a lip lol). Now he goes into his 3F from difficult transitions. He usually steps into his 3F directly from 3-turns. This keeps him on the inside edge, and it keeps him from lipping. And we get those 'from nowhere!" comments for his 3F.

But his characteristic reluctance to stay on his inside edge would be amplified if he tried to do a 4F. Doing a quad from such difficult maneuvreing to stay on the inside edge would be very difficult. So even if he did manage to get the 4F - he could do that, I think, his flip edge is now stable enough that he'd be able to do it - doing it as part of his layout in competition would be another matter altogether. There's a high chance of getting the edge wrong, or at least unclear, a good few times. It's not worth the trouble when he already has enough quads to do a 5-quad two-3A free skate, if he wanted to. Which he would have done this season if it hadn't been for the injury. And anyway, the axel is his jump. A 4A is worth more, and probably also more fun for him to try than an inside edge jump! And it would really be making more history.

(Could I point you towards the-real-xmonster.tumblr.com? That's Alice's blog. She has tons and tons of information. Most of what I've said here, I learnt from her, and then went back and watched videos to see what she meant. She uses lots of gifs to explain everything.)

34 minutes ago, Sammie said:

He hate flips. He rather learn 4A then 4F anytime.

He's going to have to learn it eventually and probably the sooner the better.  I think he'd very much like to be the first skater to have all six quads in his personal armory.  Don't forget, Shoma's already got the quad flip in his repertoire, as does 13 year old Stephen.  Yuzu's stated that the 4A is his immediate objective (after getting well and fully operational).  But this last season was essentially non-existent for Yuzu.  He missed more competitions than he skated in.  He needs something to really recapture the spotlight come this autumn.  You can only go so far on a big win.  You need more wins to make sure it's not seen as just a fluke.  Yuzu was concerned about that in Sochi so it was fortunate that he captured the World Championship as well as having taken the GPF before Sochi.  With those three golds in hand he stood as the undoubted number one male skater.  Yuzu doesn't have that luxury this time.  This autumn he has to prove himself which means he has to come up with something that is far above what any other skaters are doing.  A 4A would be a good starter but not a guarantee.  A SP and FS which in combination use all six quads would be sufficient to make a dazzling statement.  Another route might be to come up with a couple quad/quad combinations.  I think however having all six quads would once again make Yuzu as not only the one to beat but the one who probablyl won't be beaten.

1 hour ago, Sammie said:

:9:

Lol I didn't know Samantha Thavasa is a Japanese brand...and with that ad I still wouldn't have lol.

10 minutes ago, micaelis said:

He's going to have to learn it eventually and probably the sooner the better.  I think he'd very much like to be the first skater to have all six quads in his personal armory.

He doesn't have to learn it at all, and I don't think there's evidence he's aiming to have every single quad. 

2 minutes ago, micaelis said:

He's going to have to learn it eventually and probably the sooner the better.  I think he'd very much like to be the first skater to have all six quads in his personal armory.  Don't forget, Shoma's already got the quad flip in his repertoire, as does 13 year old Stephen.  Yuzu's stated that the 4A is his immediate objective (after getting well and fully operational).  But this last season was essentially non-existent for Yuzu.  He missed more competitions than he skated in.  He needs something to really recapture the spotlight come this autumn.  You can only go so far on a big win.  You need more wins to make sure it's not seen as just a fluke.  Yuzu was concerned about that in Sochi so it was fortunate that he captured the World Championship as well as having taken the GPF before Sochi.  With those three golds in hand he stood as the undoubted number one male skater.  Yuzu doesn't have that luxury this time.  This autumn he has to prove himself which means he has to come up with something that is far above what any other skaters are doing.  A 4A would be a good starter but not a guarantee.  A SP and FS which in combination use all six quads would be sufficient to make a dazzling statement.  Another route might be to come up with a couple quad/quad combinations.  I think however having all six quads would once again make Yuzu as not only the one to beat but the one who probablyl won't be beaten.

Wow, I disagree so much.

Staying at the top for over four years after winning a first OGM to then win a second OGM - how can that ever be considered a fluke? He's still top of the ISU world rankings, where has has been for years! The top-ranked skater who holds all world records won his second OGM (while injured) - that would be a completely new definition of fluke. If it hadn't been for the injury and US media, it would've been the expected norm. 

Also, he will have seven jumping passes in his free skate soon. He does not need a 4F for an all-quad-3A programme. Also, a 4A would be a good starter to not have his second OGM taken as fluke? The 4A is the jump that has never been seen. The 3A is currently the jump that is not often seen from the quadsters. A 4A is not a starter for anything, it's the huge climax.