General Yuzuru Chat

Just now, Xen said:

I'm more likely to suspect bots. But realistically, I think it'll end up around 10-15 mil yen.

Who will take this bid seriously when they change the numbers all the time though? I mean even if I were a millionaire, I have like 100 mil USD, I would not give money to this bid. Cause they do not seem to be real.

Just now, Xen said:

I wonder if people started retracting bids or something? For a while I thought those high bids were legit, especially if organizations were involved. A lot of the high bids stayed there for over an hour.

Guess bots were involved?

I think like someone else said, organizations would have much more to gain if they tried to engage Yuzu directly - although it's also pretty much sure he'd refuse most such approaches - than bid like this.

But also, I'm sorry, I love Yuzu and I know he's huge to us, but I cannot imagine anyone willing to pay THAT much money for a pair of boots. 10 million, yes, maybe, but not 100, that's just insane.

On a different topic, it was a few pages back, that Javi said Yuzu cried the most about his medal, I'd like to point out that is a bit simplified. The question started from Yuzu crying, but asked Javi about who in his family cried the most. Javi said none of them cried in front of him - because he wasn't with them, then, although they probably did cry - so the one he saw was, obviously, Yuzu. Then he said that Yuzu probably also cried because of some things he told him (and he frowned while saying this), but then didn't get in more detail and I don't remember, either went on to talking about his family or the moderators changed the topic. So, as sweet as that summary was, it has a bit more nuance than that lol (Personally, that frown got to me, because it reminded me of our little talk about how Yuzu normally wouldn't have cried like that, but was emotionally vulnerable, so I wonder if Javi regrets telling him what he did then and there, in public and at a time when Yuzu was already overwhelmed. But that's just my interpretation.)

1 minute ago, meoima said:

Who will take this bid seriously when they change the numbers all the time though? I mean even if I were a millionaire, I have like 100 mil USD, I would not give money to this bid. Cause they do not seem to be real.

Great point. Makes me sad considering how many real bidders are going to be wary now, especially considering that the money's going to a good cause.

1 minute ago, wombat-poodle said:

Great point. Makes me sad considering how many real bidders are going to be wary now, especially considering that the money's going to a good cause.

True, but doing an online bid is a bit better if you want the bid to be international. However, they need a good process to ensure those international bids are legitimate, maybe like a third party representative in Japan who can verify in place of Yahoo Japan, and place bids on behalf of the original bidder.

And for those who wonder about the price of this...right now, his boots cost less than a good SUV in China. So really, not that pricey.

I'm just concerned about how this will affect Yuzu's image. Won't there be those articles about how 'crazy' and 'impolite' his fans are? :facepalm: Especially when they've talked about the previous ridiculous prices on TV, even on Korean news.

1 minute ago, Xen said:

True, but doing an online bid is a bit better if you want the bid to be international. However, they need a good process to ensure those international bids are legitimate, maybe like a third party representative in Japan who can verify in place of Yahoo Japan, and place bids on behalf of the original bidder.

I don't think they anticipated this level of interest. Any auction where bidding is expected to go into millions of dollars would involve international bidders who can easily send authorised representatives to a physical location. 

I don't know what's going on, but I think a bunch of people had enough knowhow to bypass what sounds like fairly basic precautions against fake bids and decided to cause a little trouble. Maybe they did use bots, but after being alerted the first time, the organisers should've been able to implement stronger measures to keep bots out. But these kinds of bids should only make it through after verification, wtf.

2 minutes ago, VyVy99 said:

I'm just concerned about how this will affect Yuzu's image. Won't there be those articles about how 'crazy' and 'impolite' his fans are? :facepalm: Especially when they've talked about the previous ridiculous prices on TV, even on Korean news.

I'm not sure if this is the same case as the 'impolite' situation because its not even a competition where they can say fanyu only come for yuzu...

I'd say this just increased his money-maker status to organizers

Yahoo Auctions Japan isn't really international, though. I'm pretty sure you need a Japanese phone number or address or so to join. It is possible to bid from overseas using proxies and well, Chinese fans - and probably not only - generally don't seem limited by any Japanese-only policies and they find ways to bypass them, but if the intention was for the bid to be international, there are other platforms. Admittedly, I haven't watched many big profile auctions, but there was another auction once, also Yoshiki related, for a dinner with him. And I think that was on an international platform. (The previous one, for the piano on yahoo auctions was also a mess. I think Yahoo Auctions doesn't have the means for such high profile auctions).

I also don't think this will affect his image in any way, but I think he'd feel pretty disappointed and upset by the situation. Charity for 11.03 is a big deal to him and to see people fooling around with it must be making him feel pretty upset, if not mad.

10 minutes ago, Anony said:

Ngl, a small, paranoid part of me is just, what if those bids were real, what if they were filtered out by mistake or bc the bidder wasn't aware they had to reverify their bid(through e-mail?):13877886:

If someone were to seriously want to bid $1million USD for something, I think they'd probably read the item description at least once. Lol :laughing:

Similarly, if it's a corporation, they probably have the means to contact the charity beforehand.  Likely people who aren't "registered" aka sent their information to the charity bid, and then they got canceled. 

Anyway they should send the boots to Christie's or something. They do a lot of high profile auctions and it's wayyy more professional than this.