General Yuzuru Chat

They reset the auction to avoid fake ridiculous 30mil bid, now they get 100mil bid instead=)) The counter effect :darklordyuzu:

Btw I hope ppl stop hacking bids as some joke, the money would be donated under Yuzu's reputation, this will mess up the value of the bid.

13 minutes ago, meoima said:

I don't know what to feel about this. I hope this is serious and not some malicious joke.

I'm with you on that too. My fear is whether or not there are bots just driving up price for the sake of testing/hacking/driving up prices.

13 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Yes, but they only get a pair of used boots, not an apartment. Maybe the old woman who lived in a shoe decided on an upgrade. :/

I mean, if they really wanted something as part of Beijing 2022 promotions, wouldn't it make more sense to approach Yuzu's team directly and arrange a sale for something more exciting than boots he hasn't been using for years? For this kind of money?! 

I was only using it to illustrate that there are people who could afford it, especially if they are wealthy fans, which I'm sure he has some of.

I also think what you said is the more straight forward route, but I would not dismiss the idea of corporations or trusts or other groups bidding on it. Frankly, given the price right now, the logical conclusion is that a group/corporation is the one bidding these prices, assuming they are real, verified prices.

11 minutes ago, VyVy99 said:

You just gave me a cultural explossion about China. :volcano:

But if it's for the needies then... Otherwise it would be a pretty ugly picture if someone makes a joke out of it.

Welcome to China!  For reference, in my city (second tier), housing prices are around 3k  USD per square meter, and more people buy real estate as investment than to live in it. Hence I joke that investment in his boots at a point might be as sane as investment in real estate, possibly even cost less, less upkeep, and recuperate more costs in the long term if you lend it out to museums etc. Plus, once you get charity involved, people are possibly more willing to pay above what they would normally give (at least that's one way to get more money out of me).

1 minute ago, Xen said:

I was only using it to illustrate that there are people who could afford it, especially if they are wealthy fans, which I'm sure he has some of.

I also think what you said is the more straight forward route, but I would not dismiss the idea of corporations or trusts or other groups bidding on it. Frankly, given the price right now, the logical conclusion is that a group/corporation is the one bidding these prices, assuming they are real, verified prices.

Yes, otherwise Yuzu would have a really nutty multi-millionaire fan otherwise. Which would be a tiny bit creepy, somebody with that kind of money having a bit of a Yuzu obsession? More than a wee bit creepy. A corporation is preferable to that.

1 minute ago, WinForPooh said:

Yes, otherwise Yuzu would have a really nutty multi-millionaire fan otherwise. Which would be a tiny bit creepy, somebody with that kind of money having a bit of a Yuzu obsession? More than a wee bit creepy. A corporation is preferable to that.

Over the four years I've been Yuzuru's fan I've encountered some of the creepiest fans ever... :peekapooh:

4 minutes ago, Xen said:

I'm with you on that too. My fear is whether or not there are bots just driving up price for the sake of testing/hacking/driving up prices.

There're 2 comments about that shoes' size or something, it's like for personal using, Can a individual person be that wealth?

13 hours ago, kiches said:

I’m catching up on all the footage so I haven’t had a chance to watch this press conference, but just reading the bits translated and this talk about whether he meant tv specials about his fans or fan made videos when he talks about the fit of the music got me thinking. TV Tokyo followed @Danibellerika And I at the Olympics and included us in their short TV segment about fans and it was interesting to see what did and didn’t make the cut, and how certain things were edited. 

When I saw the segment it was definitely made to be more humorous than I expected (although I enjoyed laughing at it all since it was exaggerated for humor on purpose and I probably have an odd sense of humor), a lot of the questions they asked us didn’t make it onto TV. They also very deliberately edited in footage of my tears after he was announced the winner while I was in my seat INTO scenes of Yuzu skating Seimei to make it seem like I was crying while he was skating. I know they were fishing for tears as they asked us during the SP if we cried and I told them specifically that I save any tears for after the free as I’ve learned my lesson.  This makes me wonder if Yuzu meant he notices the odd cut and splice into they do with their footage on fans. Perhaps he’s noticed sometimes their background music doesn’t fully match the video they show because it actually has been edited in. 

(I'm jumping past a few pages to reply to this so may lack context, apologies in advance!)

I had similar experiences, though it's with a less kind media. After the sp many Chinese fans gathered to take a group photo with our banners, and many JPN reporters started to catch people to interview on that spot. One reporter from TBS caught me and asked me about why I became a fan. I'm always tired of media painting him as an idol so I focused on how he is forever challenging himself and an amazing inspiration. I heard interviews around me of people saying they're fans because he's cute and cool and brave and sweet etc. But that night I saw people complaining online that TBS' news clip painted Chinese fans in a pretty bad light. Apparently none of our cooperative and enthusiastic interviews were included. Instead they chose clips of someone who bought insanely expensive second hand tickets, and of someone who cheer only Yuzu but stare at their phones during other guys' performances. That's when I started to undertand why some older fans dislike JPN media so much. Maybe not all of them, but they can select and distort facts for their purposes and bias so badly.

Anyway, I'm so glad yuzu knows and understands all that. What a wise and perceptive guy he is, seeming to know everything. The same as when he did the binocular gesture to see fans in corner seats, and when he thanks fans who can't afford to make the trip or don't have time for watchign streams, I feel it's such a bliss to be his fan.

2 minutes ago, PomeloPooh said:

But they could be from a few years ago, and not his shoe size now. It's not the model he uses this year, right? It's Ice Fly, but I think he's using Piano now?

True, guess his feet could have grown.

Just now, Yuazz said:

120M+now.. This is getting out of hand. please stop :facepalm:

It's about 1.2 Mil USD, still only an 100 sq meters apartment in Beijing or Shanghai. Though if this becomes verified, this would be a really good amount for reconstruction efforts.

Just now, VyVy99 said:

Yuzuru gave the illusion that Figure Skating is a much easier sport than it actually is

While his fans gave the illusion that 10mill yen is much cheaper than it actually is.

Extra matching Extra. No surprise.  But seriously, reconstruction in that region costs a ton, and I think there's still nuclear decontamination issues too. So if all these bids are legit, then I'm all for it, they need the money really.