General Yuzuru Chat

of all the genres he hasn't recently skated to, I can see yuzu going for some bombastic big band show tune with a bit of a sparkle in his eye (it's perhaps easier to picture than him doing anything latin/spanish lmao). or maybe more Japanese/Asian-inspired music.

and just a reminder that we stan the king of efficiency and god-level strategic peaking:

1 minute ago, SparkleSalad said:

I'm thinking he'll do it as an EX at 2019 Worlds in Tokyo, if not in an ice show, like he did with PW. :)

I hope you can still enjoy the competition without him. There are still quite a few fans going so you won't be alone. :) Tell Spidey we love him!

I can't go to ice shows (even if I'd really like to) but I hope he'll do it as an EX at Worlds 2019 because I'm thinking about going there if I can (and if I will be able to get tickets :laughing: ). An EX is not like a competition program, but I would be really happy to see it anyway.

I still hope to meet some other fans in Milan and spend some time together... if fanyus are still coming :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Anyway, I'm already looking forward to see what new programs he will do next season with the new rules. I'm always so excited when I think about new programs (and new jumps)!

I'm actually so excited and scared at the same time for the 4A! I hope he's not going to die trying to achieve it :1:

1 hour ago, Winnie_20 said:

I appreciate the fact that repeating two programs has probably been a very good thing for him this season, given the off-ice time.

However, I have never been a fan of repeating programs, and I never will. If he repeats anything again next season.... face palm.

I dont think he will reuse any program. He have 2 brand new programs in 2016-17 season when he started training quite late with upgrade layout. Olympics is abit special and emotionally drained. I have a feeling we might see something very new and unique from him (maybe music from japanese composer again) :agree:

4 minutes ago, Rora1608 said:

I can't go to ice shows (even if I'd really like to) but I hope he'll do it as an EX at Worlds 2019 because I'm thinking about going there if I can (and if I will be able to get tickets :laughing: ). An EX is not like a competition program, but I would be really happy to see it anyway.

Here's SEIMEI choreo sequence at the 2015 NHK Gala. I think it's the best he ever performed it. :) Without the focus on jumps and judging, there's much more energy and freedom for expression.

1 minute ago, Rora1608 said:

I'm actually so excited and scared at the same time for the 4A! I hope he's not going to die trying to achieve it :1:

In true Hanyu fashion he'll land it on his very first try on a competition then have trouble with it on subsequent ones... (NHK'10 4T, Finlandia'12 4S, Autumn Classic'16 4Lo, COR'17 4Lz) :facepalm:

57 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Oh, that was me. But really? I thought he meant program specials on his fans at first because of the way he phrased it but then he went on to say something about the music not being 100% fit, and he was saying how seeing these videos himself makes him realize that many of them don't actually get to cheer for him live and in person, while the fan coverage specials actually mostly cover those who travel all the way to the competition venues, so I figured he meant fanvids instead. Because that was the only way I could make sense of that bit there. Anywho, I'm all for being wrong, even if I can't really make sense of the parts I mentioned earlier if he were really only talking about tv fan specials like you said (unless I completely understood or heard them wrong), because I've been avoiding watching fanvids of him lately, even the ones I like, because I can't get over the look I now imagine he has on his face seeing them. 

EDIT: When I get a different interpretation or perspective, I usually go back to the source and try to fit it in there and see how much better it fits than what I had. I still can't see why he would talk about tv fan specials all of a sudden when he was talking about fans who pay a lot to see comps live, and I can't see where the not-so-fitting music fits in either, since I'm pretty sure I heard him say music and not the image of the fans. I can't seem to fit your interpretation into what I heard him say, although I really prefer it to mine since it'd mean I can watch fanvids without feeling weird again. And if I have to be honest, I was feeling a bit miffed at him about it, too. >_<

Oh, was that you? Now you can check his words with the transcription published by JNPC today, thanks to this post by @kaeryth. Check the file linked in the tweet.

1 hour ago, kaeryth said:

Japan National Press Club - conference detail (in Japanese though)

I think it's kind of natural for fans outside of Japan to think it's not about the way fans shown in news shows because uploaders of Yuzu-related clips tend to edit out such segments from their videos, but believe me, there have been so many TV programs featured Yuzu fans a bit mockingly.:smiley-angry013:
Japanese TV loves to ridicule fans of someone who's super popular among girls and ladies (e.g. Yuzu, Shohei Otani, K-pop or K-drama stars) and it's super annoying for the fans themselves. When newspapers refer to Yuzu fans they are much more polite though.

ETA: I read your edited post. Now I see why you interpreted his words that way. Yeah, 局(station) and 曲(song) both pronounced kyoku.

2 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Here's SEIMEI choreo sequence at the 2015 NHK Gala. I think it's the best he ever performed it. :) Without the focus on jumps and judging, there's much more energy and freedom for expression.

I remember this, so beautiful. Almost a different Seimei but great anyway! Seimei is one of my absolute favorite programs, I would really like to see it with my own eyes in whatever form.

It would be perfect for Worlds in Japan.

2 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

In true Hanyu fashion he'll land it on his very first try on a competition then have trouble with it on subsequent ones... (NHK'10 4T, Finlandia'12 4S, Autumn Classic'16 4Lo, COR'17 4Lz) :facepalm:

I really would not be surprised if this happened :1: