General Yuzuru Chat

5 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

Has he ever done anything really bubbly and fun? I'm trying to imagine him doing that and I can't  :xD:

Hmm.... Somebody to Love? Change? Sing Sing Sing?

I think he takes competitions and sometimes his exhibitions too intensely so you're better of watching the gala group number for that :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

1 minute ago, OonsieHui said:

OMG FETUS YUZU WITH SING SING SING HOW HAVE I NEVER SEEN THAT BEFORE?! :tumblr_mdpjktkDxp1qdlkyg:

And while LGC wasn't what I had in mind for "light and bubbly", and would LOVE for him to do something similar oh gosh that's basically my favourite programme :tumblr_m9gcttgdYF1qzckow:(shame we never got a fully clean version.... :tumblr_inline_mzx922J8H21r8msi5:) it's just so strong and powerful and his interpretation was AMAZING!! Every beat every move! Beautiful!

Sing Sing Sing is amazing!

Spoiler

Just now, kaeryth said:

Hmm.... Somebody to Love? Change? Sing Sing Sing?

I think he takes competitions and sometimes his exhibitions too intensely so you're better of watching the gala group number for that :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Haha, I forgot about The Season of Bieber. :biggrin:

OMG FETUS YUZU WITH SING SING SING HOW HAVE I NEVER SEEN THAT BEFORE?! :tumblr_mdpjktkDxp1qdlkyg:

And while LGC wasn't what I had in mind for "light and bubbly", and would LOVE for him to do something similar oh gosh that's basically my favourite programme :tumblr_m9gcttgdYF1qzckow:(shame we never got a fully clean version.... :tumblr_inline_mzx922J8H21r8msi5:) it's just so strong and powerful and his interpretation was AMAZING!! Every beat every move! Beautiful!

It's amazing, isn't it? Love the first spin with the hat! I haven't seen another kid that age with the level of natural talent on display there. I think it's going to be generations before we see anyone as special come up. 

8 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Sing Sing Sing

LGC

Koi Dance :peekapooh:

ETA 

BAM. I love this. I've heard he wants to skate to it again and I wouldn't mind one bit. :) Jeff would be in heaven choreographing it.

YES please, I (selfishly) want him to do sing sing sing again, or something of that tone, mature Yuzu will be 100x more charming, and he was already a charming bby mushroom.  

3 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Sing Sing Sing is amazing!

Hide contents

Can you imagine how much better a programme this would be if he does it now?? His choreographic/step sequences would be amazing!! 

Can you imagine how much better a programme this would be if he does it now?? His choreographic/step sequences would be amazing!! 

We all need it. Even he needs it. He said he just wants to have fun skating now, right? What's more fun than big band swing, I ask you? Nothing! 

But also, watching that fetus Yuzu clip was like... Woahhhhh even from that young his skating matching the music was really good.... Even then he wasn't skating TO the music, he was embodying the music! Something I still struggle to find in many current senior skaters ..... (And even sometimes amongst the top of the sport)

Just now, OonsieHui said:

It's already been mentioned in the music thread, and ironically, Jeff Buttle did Sing Sing Sing for his SP in the 2006 Olys.

7 minutes ago, Xen said:

It's already been mentioned in the music thread, and ironically, Jeff Buttle did Sing Sing Sing for his SP in the 2006 Olys.

In hindsight, seems like a lot of medalists in Torino have ended up influencing Yuzu... Shizuka, Plushenko, Stephane, JButt (the entire men's podium basically :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:)

6 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

In hindsight, seems like a lot of medalists in Torino have ended up influencing Yuzu... Shizuka, Plushenko, Stephane, JButt (the entire men's podium basically :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:)

Kind of makes you wonder who's going to be inspired by Yuzuru Hanyu, and Javier Fernandez  in the future (I know there already are though) and just what kind of programmes will come out of that

2 時間前, sweetwaterさんが言いました:

On his comment in the press conference held by Japan National Press Club:

Reveal hidden contents

I saw someone commented that he said that he often watches fanvids, but actually he said that he has watched feature segments in news shows focusing on his fans and said that some of them are twisting the image of his fans.

This was a part of his answer to a question like, "If those Poohs thrown into the rink were money, would it makes you happier?" and he said that those who could come to the venue and throw Poohs (and sometimes get interviewed by media) are a very limited few and they have already spent so much money just to be there, and there are many other fans who could not come to the venue for many reasons (like being too young to travel abroad to see a competition, being unable to win the lottery for the ticket, etc.) and he wants to appreciate the support of both types of fans and deliver performances that would convey his appreciation to all of them.

I think he probably felt uncomfortable hearing a question because it implies that he sees his fan as money when he actually sees them as people who have their own life who have jobs to earn their living or classes to attend while fangirling.

Not like some fans, I preferred reporters attended FCCJ press conference much more than those who attended JNPC one because some of their questions were not so respectful. However, all of his answers were brilliant and sometimes moving. We'll have a lot to talk about once it is fully translated by gladi and her friend, I think.

Oh, that was me.

Spoiler

But really? I thought he meant program specials on his fans at first because of the way he phrased it but then he went on to say something about the music not being 100% fit, and he was saying how seeing these videos himself makes him realize that many of them don't actually get to cheer for him live and in person, while the fan coverage specials actually mostly cover those who travel all the way to the competition venues, so I figured he meant fanvids instead but was just putting it in a very nice and professional-sounding way. Because that was the only way I could make sense of that bit there. Anywho, I'm all for being wrong, even if I can't really make sense of the parts I mentioned earlier if he were really only talking about tv fan specials like you said (unless I completely understood or heard them wrong), because I've been avoiding watching fanvids of him lately, even the ones I like, because I can't get over the look I now imagine he has on his face seeing them. 

EDIT: When I get a different interpretation or perspective, I usually go back to the source and try to fit it in there and see how much better it fits than what I had. I still can't see why he would talk about tv fan specials all of a sudden when he was talking about fans who pay a lot to see comps live, and I can't see where the not-so-fitting music fits in either, since I'm pretty sure I heard him say music and not the image of the fans. I can't seem to fit your interpretation into what I heard him say, although I really prefer it to mine since it'd mean I can watch fanvids without feeling weird again. And if I have to be honest, I was feeling a bit miffed at him about it, too. >_<

EDIT 2: Saw the transcript @kaeryth posted, and it gels with you said. I now don't 100% get what he's trying to say here exactly (even with the words clearly printed out, especially now with the words clearly printed out) but if TV fan specials are what he really means, and he's been officially transcribed by the Japanese media as saying that (with what I thought was "music" apparently being "station" instead) I'll go with it. Which means, I can now watch fanvids with a clear mind! No more Hanyu making weird faces hovering at the edge of my imagination! In fact, I'll start by watching this one i like very much but avoided like the plague the last couple of weeks right this very minute~~~

24 minutes ago, Xen said:

Brian Orser too at Calgary

I must say that I am a bit sad right now, a part of me almost hoped for a miraculous healing... I've really wanted to see Seimei live for a long time and now I guess he'll never bring it back... but his health comes first, absolutely, so I'm glad he decided not to die in Italy :xD: 

I'll try to see him somewhere else next season (even if it will be so expensive :13877886:) and in Milan I'll cheer really hard for Shoma and Boyang! 

4 minutes ago, Rora1608 said:

I must say that I am a bit sad right now, a part of me almost hoped for a miraculous healing... I've really wanted to see Seimei live for a long time and now I guess he'll never bring it back... but his health comes first, absolutely, so I'm glad he decided not to die in Italy :xD: 

I'll try to see him somewhere else next season (even if it will be so expensive :13877886:) and in Milan I'll cheer really hard for Shoma and Boyang! 

I'm thinking he'll do it as an EX at 2019 Worlds in Tokyo, if not in an ice show, like he did with PW. :)

I hope you can still enjoy the competition without him. There are still quite a few fans going so you won't be alone. :) Tell Spidey we love him!