General Yuzuru Chat

Slightly :5a7ce9d358326_offtopic1: but the girl at the back of Yuzu was the same girl who was brave enough to ask for a handshake during 2017 4cc :biggrin:.  I think she was on the verge of asking again for a handshake here but Scott took him away for the champs photo op. :laughing:

4 minutes ago, Xen said:

That's still cheaper than 10 square meters of real estate in my city. C'mon people, I expect a bit better than this. :happy:

I’m going to assume that they have to sort through the emails for the higher bids that why it’s slow.  :9:

Found this article

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/life/2018/03/05/language/putting-japans-olympic-success-words/#.Wp5AJVExXIU

In a league of his own

Yuzuru Hanyu made another piece of history, becoming the first men’s figure skating champion to win back-to-back Olympic golds in 66 years, matching the feat achieved by American Dick Button in 1948 and 1952. As a figure skater, he has been lauded as 異次元 (ijigen, from another dimension). This phrase appeared in breathless coverage of his Olympian skills, with his turns on the ice described as 異次元の演技 (ijigen no engi, out-of-this-world performances) from a man possessing 異次元の強さ (ijigen no tsuyosa, otherworldly strength).

Hanyu was quoted as saying that the Olympics are his 人生そのもの (jinsei sono mono, his life itself). What looked from the outside like an Olympic gold won with seamless ease was in fact earned while enduring the pain of an injury to his right ankle. He later confessed to having had to rely on painkillers throughout the Olympics.

At the Pyeongchang Games, the world witnessed the 23-year-old’s accession from 王子 (ōji, prince) to 王様 (ōsama, king), a fairy-tale ending to what the media called a 完璧な復活劇 (kanpekina fukkatsugeki, perfect comeback drama).