General Yuzuru Chat

17 hours ago, xeyra said:

I hate the Piano boots, though. Which happens to be the ones Yuzu wears. But he covers them, thankfully! Which is also probably why these auction boots don't look to have much wear and tear, since he uses boot covers all the time. 

Quoting this from pages ago because of my real suprise: OMG Yuzu wears boot covers regularly!? So they're black? :eeking:

I never noticed! And I don't even know  anything about skating boots, just that they look heavy and cool and the blades that can be customized are cool.

Do other skaters where black covers too then? Do others wear piano boots too? They all look the same to me. People made such a thing over his purple boot covers for LGC, and some people dislike boot covers, that I was sure the rest of the time it was just default. But wow oh wow.

15 minutes ago, Sammie said:

So it seems that the 30mil bid was fake and they putting stricter rules? 

6 minutes ago, Xen said:

Well it's back to 1.2 mil Yen. And that's less than a couple hours after the re-open.

well if those bids weren't fake they'll just explode again lol. we'll see. I'm going to laugh if it just goes right back up to tens of millions. who knows... maybe there really are fans that rich and crazy. 

Never underestimate Yuzuru Hanyu (fans) :LOL:

Just now, yuzuangel said:

watch it go back to 30 mil...but seriously, that's like a house. or two.

Well 30 mil still had me raising eyebrows, but I wouldn't be that shocked at 10-20 mil Yen honestly. If there are Chinese or european/Western bidders, who are bidding on behalf of museums or other groups, it's highly possible.

Yuzu's fame in east asia (there are guys who don't follow figure skating who know of him)+ charity related= people willing to drop money like crazy. Easier to justify too than just frivolous spending-you can always say hey, at least it was for a good cause.

2 minutes ago, Xen said:

Well 30 mil still had me raising eyebrows, but I wouldn't be that shocked at 10-20 mil Yen honestly. If there are Chinese or european/Western bidders, who are bidding on behalf of museums or other groups, it's highly possible.

haha thats an amusing thought! museums already preparing for a future Yuzuru Hanyu exhibition/ section in their spots section or something :mischief:  I can already see it: Yuzuru Hanyu, Japanese figure skater, GOAT

Just now, OonsieHui said:

haha thats an amusing thought! museums already preparing for a future Yuzuru Hanyu exhibition/ section in their spots section or something

Think someone above somewhere mentioned before that some collectors would buy things and rent the item out to museums or other exhibitions to cover the cost. Also, Beijing 2022 is coming up-has no one considered that Tao Bao, Tencent or Netease, or any other chinese corporation might bid on this if they decide to be sponsors for 2022? They might just give a giant bid to ensure they get it. 300K USD is probably a drop in the bucket for the revenues that taobao (alibaba) generates per day.