General Yuzuru Chat

36 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

I think what has changed is the reason why he competes. Until now, a big part of why he wanted to win and felt like he had to win was for the people who supported him and, personally, I think it was also out of his survivor's guilt. He was given the chance to continue doing what he loved, so he couldn't do it half-heartedly.

From now on, though, he will do it for himself.

But the him that hates losing and loves competing, that was there since he was a kid. In fact, he might be getting back the pure joy of competing, without as much pressure to win. If so, actually Worlds could be a good start to practice that philosophy...

I think I have a slightly different take on this, as I feel his desire to win has always been internal and doesn't really rely on anything else. Sure, he probably wants to pay back those who support him with results, but ultimately the motivation to compete and win has always come from within - which is why I'm not surprised if he genuinely wants to compete at Worlds. This is a skater who has was taken off the ice for about 4 months before he could compete again, I think he probably is itching to compete (so long as he gets a pass from the doctors).

He may say that he wants good results to pay people back, but ultimately, I think if we were to strip that from him his own desire to win and compete outweighs that, so I think that he's always done it for himself and is still competing because he genuinely wants to compete. I don't ever expect him to be the type of skater that would say "I'm just skating for the joy of skating" because competing = joy for him.

I do agree that once he won the Olympics again and accomplished his goal even with injury, that a huge weight was lifted off his shoulders. I think that weight has been on him since he won Sochi and is probably why he felt he needed to compete continually these last 4 years. He knew the best way to make his case for that second Olympic gold was to not skip competitions and do the grand prix each year, even though Shirota advised him to take at least the GP off after Sochi. I think, if the injury hadn't happened he may have considered a short break, but because he was forced to sit out of competitions he may actually do the grand prix next season if he's healthy, and Worlds if the doctors let him.

12 minutes ago, Floria said:

Imagine what happens in that room. Like 3 hours. I  think the doctor really wants to help his patient... But yeah The Patient is kinda stuck up and can't seem to let go of 1 World Championship :dry:

Can't he just stay put for once and save some of Brian's hair ugh

10 minutes ago, Floria said:

Three hours?? That's hella long. Anyways, this was another part of the article from before.

I hope that speaking with the doctors might have helped Yuzuru get a clearer idea of his leg's situation, I hope he's feeling at rest now. 

Also, would we consider the days that have passed since Olympic Gala up till today as 'rest' days? He definitely didn't practice, so even if he walked, his leg and ankle might have rested a little, right?

Who am I kidding - more and more people said that ligament damage takes forever to heal. Okay, I know. The thing here is trying to understand wheather competing in two weeks time would aggravate his situation, or not. 

Ugh, I wish there was a magical way to skate and jump without putting his ankle in danger... (eliminate all Lutzes from his programs??)

3 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

Poor translation skills. Here goes:

"「羽生さんは今回、患部周辺の精密検査を行ったそうです。その後、今後のリハビリスケジュールなどを話し合っていたそうです。その話し合いのなかで、羽生さんは『可能ならば、やっぱり世界選手権に出場したい!』と訴えたそうです」"

"This time, it seems like Hanyu-san went to do a thorough medical exam of the wounded area. After that, it seems like they talked together (doctor, team and him, I presume) about his rehabilitation schedule, etcetera. While they were talking together, it seems like Hanyu-san said "If it's possible, I would like to participate in Worlds after all"." 

Pleeeeease correct me if I didn't understand anything lol I just wanted to have news as soon as possible

At least he's saying "if possible" and not " I will / I must"