General Yuzuru Chat

1 時間前, kaerythさんが言いました:

What's going on here? Shimizu-san saying something about Yuzu tying his shoelaces in 20 seconds (according to google translate)

Oooh. Any idea where I can see the vid itself? The tweet quoted Shimizu as saying Hanyu found 20 seconds before he's due to be on air to be plenty of time and used them to retie his shoelaces, displaying his absolute control of (internal) timing. So...where can I see this video? If there's anyone who knows or can find out, it's gotta be you, @kaerythsama-SAMA. :bow:

10 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Oooh. Any idea where I can see the vid itself? The tweet quoted Shimizu as saying Hanyu found 20 seconds before he's due to skate to be plenty of time and used them to retie his bootlaces, displaying his absolute control of (internal) timing. So...where can I see this video? If there's anyone who knows or can find out, it's gotta be you, @kaerythsama-SAMA. :bow:

9 分, Daraさんが言いました:

Thanks! Any idea if there's a full vid floating around somewhere? Oh and I just realized Shimizu actually meant 20 secs before the cameras were due to roll for something he and Hanyu were on together so it was his shoelaces he readjusted, not his bootlaces. Original post edited accordingly. Sorry.

31 minutes ago, xeyra said:

To think a pair of boots from Zuzu's smelly feet which he hasn't used in years is going for 5 million yen.

But it's all for charity so bid away, fans! 

Khm 31,317,520 YEN = 239,892.20 EUR= 295,950.56 USD= 383,841.96 CAD :10636614:

4 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Thanks! Any idea if there's a full vid floating around somewhere? Oh and I just realized Shimizu actually meant 20 secs before the cameras were due to roll for something he and Hanyu were on together so it was his shoelaces he readjusted, not his bootlaces. Original post edited accordingly. Sorry.

You can watch full show archived at fujitv.live 

That part was aired at 21:28  JST.

Okay so I played a bit of catch up with this tread too and have some quotes where I want to give my 2 cents:

Spoiler

On 2/18/2018 at 1:05 AM, Forcefield said:

Ok, I just freaking realized although someone already pointed it out that Shoma's brother was in the crowd during the medal ceremony asfsdfsd. HE HAD FAMILY IN PC. Is Shoma staying at the Olys village or in a hotel with his family?

I'm not curious, really, it just leads me to think OMG I wonder if Yuzu has his family too with him in PC and if he's spoken with his parents after getting his second medal. :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

After the team event Shoma was on my train headed back to Seoul and he got off at Seoul station, so at that point I didn't believe he was staying in the village.  

On 2/23/2018 at 12:05 PM, ICeleste said:

i needed to bring back Johnny and Tara's commentary at 4:45 because hearing it now makes Zu's victory even sweeter... :devilYuzu::xD::LOL:

Glad to know I'm not the only one that never forgot this. 

On 2/24/2018 at 5:18 PM, MrPudding said:

Word!

On 2/26/2018 at 12:55 AM, freeyafanfan said:

Yuzu the trendsetter for new challenges :rofl: don't hurt yourself kenzo!

Hey! I think I saw you and your friend in a news! :biggrin: it's footage from the show after yuzu's interview with tokyo ghoul's seiyuu a few pages back which shows fans support for yuzu during olys, I was so touched watching it :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Long passed, but you were right! Kiches and me. 

On 2/26/2018 at 6:07 AM, Erin said:

Sorry for interrupting the gloomy thoughts, may i ask if we keep videos like these:

Yuzu's fans are featured. Are there any from this planet? 

And also, is there a better quality of the first one? 

:thanks:

Kiches and me are in there. For the second link I'm actually a little surprised they didn't subtitle me. I find it slightly heartening to keep up the studies, lol. 

On 2/26/2018 at 8:57 AM, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

EriMoni...hehe...the Japanese and their portmanteaus...haha...

I can't help but feel like I've seen the Eri half of the equation somewhere before...

I am tickled pink about this still.  Never new I'd get that nickname. Even my Japanese friends haven't called me Eri.  

On 2/26/2018 at 11:30 AM, kiches said:

Lol that’s @Danibellerika and myself. She’s always easy to spot with the Pooh ears :)

:smiley-happy085:

On 2/27/2018 at 1:59 AM, raebia said:

I am at my workplace now but still have to enter the building:laughing:.

About Nathan not bombing:“ I would have changed my layout“.

How cool is this?????

He deserves  another gold medal just for this answer!!

Gives me  my cool and power for the day:biggrin:.

Okay, will enter the workplace now...:laughing:

Yuzu could have aimed for his 2015 GPF layout with 3 quads and won anyway. 

On 2/27/2018 at 2:05 AM, Yuazz said:

Yuzu is so smart, humble, charismatic, talented.. I stand the right person. :bow:

He definitely made it all worth it.  He's the best. 

On 2/27/2018 at 4:21 AM, robin said:

Also could it be that they shortened the medal ribbons for good so that they don’t always have to clip them for interviews?

I guess for people with longer torsos it could look more awkward. They really only shorten it to get it in the shot while they're sitting anyway. 

On 2/27/2018 at 6:25 AM, MrPudding said:

only twice.. really hanyu :laughing:

He took coach coming back from 2016 GPF, so he could very well be telling the truth. 

On 2/27/2018 at 11:43 AM, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Oh so Moni was you? Congratulations to you and @Danibellerika for getting your very own girl group name in Japan. You actually have one now. And It beats ABC123. >_< Granted it sounds like alimony but it's still a very cool sounding name.

Forget the Japanese media. Freaking China is apparently dropping pretty obvious hints to him of their hope for him to show up. Seems the guy got gifted with a pair of panda plushies (or something along those lines) from the Chinese embassy in Japan this morning as a sign of, uh, congratulations. Haha...

:rofl::rofl:Thanks! Too funny!

On 2/27/2018 at 10:28 PM, beki said:

I’m always an advocate for Helsinki LGC. The combo didn’t impact the performance one bit. It was an ecstatic experience being in the audience. We probably would’ve exploded and died if he’d gone clean. That judging was something alright :censor:

Yeah i loved that he never let the performance go, that was so important. Screw that judging though...

On 2/28/2018 at 6:19 AM, Floria said:

Let's stay positive and enjoy the present. It won't do us any good to worry about the future yet.

Do you remember how Yuzu said that he didn't understand how he could stay on his feet landing that 3Lz in FS? Was it mental support from thousands of his fans? I am quite cynical sometimes but Yuzu made me believe in miracles once again.

Yeah, he definitely makes the seemingly impossible seem possible. He is a true gift to the world. 

On 3/1/2018 at 4:52 AM, Esopian said:

Saw a post on tumblr which reminds us that Plushenko had already predicted Hanyu's reign back in 2013. :2thumbsup:

From my old fave to my new fave.  Nothing but fate!  

On 3/1/2018 at 6:34 AM, kaeryth said:

Definitely nicer than the white and gold. 

On 3/1/2018 at 10:31 AM, GreatLakesGal said:

It's not about bringing others down; it's about being very clear to his fellow countryman about who is still number one. What was Yuzu's reaction to Shoma's comment that he could have won gold if he had just done one of his jumps better? Don't recall the exact quote but Yuzu made it clear he didn't agree. Good for him!

It's interesting that some of you see that as a negative in Yuzu. I see it as a major positive; it's indicative of his killer competitive instinct and it's why he now has two Olympic gold medals. I would also not be surprised if it irritates perfectionist Yuzu that Shoma gets away with pre-rotating his jumps and that his under-rotations are often not called. Javi really did deserve the Olympic silver medal.

Shoma's fall on a deemed rotated quad wouldn't have made up those 11 points so he was right there, but they did show that Shoma's PB and SB made it possible on paper. Just not sure if he'd have gotten those scores that time and I can't recall Shoma ever being squeaky clean in the free. 

1 minute ago, nagini said:

Khm 31,317,520 YEN = 239,892.20 EUR= 295,950.56 USD= 383,841.96 CAD :10636614:

I am somewhat skeptical these bids will keep because we've done into :eek::dbana: territory, but I'll be glad to be proved wrong!