General Yuzuru Chat

10 minutes ago, Fresca said:

Completely agree. Yuzu doesn't get enough credit for his artistry in his jumping. Who else in FS has artistic jumps? I can't think of anyone. He doesn't get enough enough credit for 1) executing them beautifully (sorry Nathan with mummy arms and Boyang with the turtle head, even if you land the jumps properly, they still look ugly in midair), 2) choreographing them into the program so they are with the music and with steps into and out of his jumps, and 3) executing them as part of the choreography so it doesn't look like he's about to jump. Of those, it's number 3 I feel he doesn't get enough credit for. Points 1 and 2 should be explicitly reflected in GOE as per the guidelines. Point 3 is not reflected in GOE guidelines and ironically, I think it's the point that enables the artistry in his jumping - the ability to move into a jump in a way that doesn't say "I am doing this for the sake of completing a technical element" but because it matches the music and the choreography. Everybody jumps in their programs with the evident intention of jumping (jumping for the sake of jumping), except Yuzu (jumping for the sake of the program/choreography).

The goal of jumps should not be jumping for the sake of jumping but because it makes the program better or more beautiful. The ultimate goal should be that you should not even see the technical elements! You should only see the program and what the skater is trying to express through it. This is the reason why Chopin is a masterpiece - I never "see" the jumps...

This, totally.

I wonder if one challenge Yuzu might set for himself is to see how many quads he can do in a program without it affecting the artistry. Technically, I think it should be possible to do even 6, Yuzu-style, but the problem would be stamina. Another thing Yuzu doesn't get enough credit for, is how much more difficult and energy consuming it is to do quads as part of the program instead of just doing them. (And then when those don't go perfectly, people comparing them to other skaters 'going clean' with their easier programs >_<.)

Not just Yuzu's jumps, actually, I don't think he gets enough credit for his step and choreo sequences as well, which are a level above the rest. (BTW if you guys wanna complain about judges being unfair do make use of the fact that judging is no longer anonymous and mention the judge by name so that their misdeeds don't go unnoticed! The unfair US judge is Lorrie Parker.)

3 минуты назад, wombat-poodle сказал:

Not just Yuzu's jumps, actually, I don't think he gets enough credit for his step and choreo sequences as well, which are a level above the rest. (BTW if you guys wanna complain about judges being unfair do make use of the fact that judging is no longer anonymous and mention the judge by name so that their misdeeds don't go unnoticed! The unfair US judge is Lorrie Parker.)

Abt that check out this video and this tumbler post-really badass Russian fan Yuleana made a full comparison of steps in SP of 7-top man:

Tumbler post: https://kolmogorov-is-sad.tumblr.com/post/169691697267/бантики-и-пуфики-top-7-isu-world-standings-pt-1

Ive seen a blog, tweeted by 2 daisuke fans (blocked it), disagreeing on Yuzurus Honorary award, saying that yuzu is not deserving of the award bcoz of his attitude toward daisuke, his senpai. It stated there that yuzu refuse to appear on a show and interview if daisuke takahashi is there. Tsk. These people

Just now, YH7892 said:

Ive seen a blog, tweeted by 2 daisuke fans (blocked it), disagreeing on Yuzurus Honorary award, saying that yuzu is not deserving of the award bcoz of his attitude toward his daisuke/senpai. It stated there that yuzu refuse to appear on a show and interview if daisuke takahashi is there. Tsk. These people

Just ignore them. People need dreams too you know. :happy:

2 minutes ago, YH7892 said:

Ive seen a blog, tweeted by 2 daisuke fans (blocked it), disagreeing on Yuzurus Honorary award, saying that yuzu is not deserving of the award bcoz of his attitude toward daisuke, his senpai. It stated there that yuzu refuse to appear on a show and interview if daisuke takahashi is there. Tsk. These people

Well as he said, some people hate him...

but they are nobodies and it must be VERY difficult for them to see him so successful and happy now, so... let them stew in their bitterness. Ignore them and just be happy. :2thumbsup:

11 minutes ago, Lilona said:

Abt that check out this video and this tumbler post-really badass Russian fan Yuleana made a full comparison of steps in SP of 7-top man:

Tumbler post: https://kolmogorov-is-sad.tumblr.com/post/169691697267/бантики-и-пуфики-top-7-isu-world-standings-pt-1

I spit my drink when I first saw this. :biggrin: No one else even has 1:1 ratio. All can do is laugh at such mastery. 

Ahhh... how I wish I could have seen it with my own eyes...

hace 5 minutos , SparkleSalad said:

I spit my drink when I first saw this. :biggrin: No one else even has 1:1 ratio. All can do is laugh at such mastery. 

Ahhh... how I wish I could have seen it with my own eyes...

And it is not even his best Chopin.

As for haters the best thing we can do is avoid spreading anything they say. This kind of people seeks attention, so ignoring them is the only way.