General Yuzuru Chat

18 minutes ago, cinemacoconut said:

Or like a proper sportswear commercial like Mizuno or Nike or Underarmor

I think it's highly unlikely that Yuzu has not been approached by a sports brand, yet, but I have a hunch that Yuzu is consciously avoiding any sponsorship/commerical contract with sports brands as to keep his freedom in deciding what he uses in training. Eg. he does use UA tops but his pants are by another brand.

27 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

A little peek at what's inside? From the OPs caption I guess it's gonna be heartbreaking.... again.

I'm going to leave a proper translation to people who are better at it, but as far as I can tell, it's his ending message, talking a bit about his thankfulness to people who supported him both during good times and bad times.  The last part is far clearer to me. He says that aside from the gold medal, he had another dream at the Olympics, and that was to help all the people who have taught/coached/guided him. That he spent sleepless nights planning that out, but in the end, he didn't get to do it when he won. So he'll do it now, and mentions all the coaches and choreographers (and I love Plushenko as プルさん lol)

5 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

The big difference between Yuzu and the other quadsters, however, is that his quads also have high technical quality, which, IMO, doesn't just make them look good, but also minimizes the impact they have on his body. On top of that, he doesn't believe in quads for the sake of quads. The challenge for Yuzu isn't just to jump quads, but to integrate them in his programs and make them part of the artistry. In the end, anyone can jump quads, probably, with the proper training. But how many can make the quads blend seamlessly into a program? THAT's where the challenge really is and that's also why artistry should be more highly rewarded. Yes, it won't stop the quad race, but the quad race is almost over anyway. The only unjumped quad is the axel. Sure, quad combinations can follow, but the point is there should be a big gap between rewarding stand-alone quads and rewarding quads that blend into a program. That's where the unfariness is right now, IMO. And, on top of that, if they rewarded quads done properly more than just quads, that would, I think, make quad jumping just a tad safer.

Completely agree. Yuzu doesn't get enough credit for his artistry in his jumping. Who else in FS has artistic jumps? I can't think of anyone. He doesn't get enough credit for 1) executing them beautifully (sorry Nathan with mummy arms and Boyang with the turtle head, even if you land the jumps properly, they still look ugly in midair), 2) choreographing them into the program so they are with the music and with steps into and out of his jumps, and 3) executing them as part of the choreography so it doesn't look like he's about to jump. Of those, it's number 3 I feel he doesn't get enough credit for the most. Points 1 and 2 should be explicitly reflected in GOE as per the guidelines. Point 3 is not reflected in GOE guidelines and ironically, I think it's probably the hardest to do and the point that enables the artistry in his jumping - the ability to move into a jump in a way that doesn't say "I am doing this for the sake of completing a technical element" but because it matches the music and the choreography. Everybody jumps in their programs with the evident intention of jumping (jumping for the sake of jumping), except Yuzu (jumping for the sake of the program/choreography).

The goal of jumps should not be jumping for the sake of jumping but because it makes the program better or more beautiful. The ultimate goal should be that you should not even see the technical elements! You should only see the program and what the skater is trying to express through it. This is the reason why Chopin is a masterpiece - I never "see" the jumps...

(Edited because I missed important words...where is my brain:drama:)