General Yuzuru Chat

Ahhh, now we're arriving at experiencing watching him live???

This hurts my existence since I'm totally unsure if I can ever see him and watch his majestic skating :sadPooh:

2 minutes ago, cinemacoconut said:

I hvnt heard about Shoma prerotating his jumps. Im a newbie to other skaters as I have only become a fanyh after a long break jst in time for the olympic season. How is shoma getting away with underrotations even if yuzu doesnt?? 

That's just how ridiculous it is. Yuzu gets called. Shoma doesn't. You can see Shoma's Flip and Lutz for prerotations, wow that's hard to ignore. Shoma does it in almost all jumps, while catching Yuzu underrotating and cheating a jump is almost as hard as finding acnes on his face :xD:

5 minutes ago, Elaine said:

For whoever claimed they could have won if they had skated clean, go find your math teacher if you are not good at numbers then you will find yourself in a mind of love&peace:10742289:

The difference was 10.95. 

15 minutes ago, meoima said:

I didn’t sleep very well that season. 

Before CoC 2014, Kurt Browning said Yuzuru was injured in the ankle (that ankle again) and yet Yuzuru still went for 3 quads.

Then the crazy collision happened and I cried the whole week after that. And those antis and haters came and talked horribly about Yuzuru’s scores etc. 

Then NHK 2014 happened when Yuzuru was having bandages all over the places after just 5 days lf practice. And antis and hatters were happy that he was off podium.

Then National 2014 happened when people thought it’s over, the day after that Yuzuru went to the hospital to get surgery in the stomach. Everyone was like what the hell is going on, our mentality wasn’t enough.

Then before WC 2015, it turned out Yuzuru got his ankle injured again because he came back to practice too early.

Then after WTT 2015 it turned out his body didn’t go well with the medical stitches and that there was some bad inflammation.

People thought season 2015-2016 would be better, but Boston happened and it turned out he had a very bad injury and he was forced to go off ice for whole summer.

And this season, that fall happened in November before all of our eyes.

Don’t ask me why I hope he won’t go for 2022. It’s too much. Yes all of his hardships paid off. But thinking about them making me sad and heartbroken all over again.

I agree. I have never seen a skater go through soooo many injuries. I dnt blame him not wntinf to go to 2022. The boy deserves peace and a healthy life free frm injuries.

just gonna drop this here in the middle of the forum gloomy talk about Yuzu and that forbidden r word and his legacy. Bc well YUZU IN SPECS JUST MAKES ME SQUEALS AT 3 AM IN THE MORNING AFTER WATCHING SEIMEI WITH BESP COMMENTARY THREE TIMES BACK TO BACK ON NICOVIDEO 

17 minutes ago, VyVy99 said:

Ahhh, now we're arriving at experiencing watching him live???

This hurts my existence since I'm totally unsure if I can ever see him and watch his majestic skating :sadPooh:

That's just how ridiculous it is. Yuzu gets called. Shoma doesn't. You can see Shoma's Flip and Lutz for prerotations, wow that's hard to ignore. Shoma does it in almost all jumps, while catching Yuzu underrotating and cheating a jump is almost as hard as finding acnes on his face :xD:

Maybe cuz yuzu doesnt flutz or lip or underrotate or prerotate often that when he does the judges are shocked and instantly notice it.

I think there is such a thing as immunity when it comes to judging. 

For example evgenia medvedeva used to flutz often but because she did tano in her lutzs and the height was sufficient she still received positive GOEs.

Does Nathan prerotate his jumps too? 

4 minutes ago, b138oo said:

just gonna drop this here in the middle of the forum gloomy talk about Yuzu and that forbidden r word and his legacy. Bc well YUZU IN SPECS JUST MAKES ME SQUEALS AT 3 AM IN THE MORNING AFTER WATCHING SEIMEI WITH BESP COMMENTARY THREE TIMES BACK TO BACK ON NICOVIDEO 

Im startin to like Pantene shampoos more cuz of Yuzu lol. I will buy anything yuzu commercializes.

7 minutes ago, cinemacoconut said:

Im startin to like Pantene shampoos more cuz of Yuzu lol. I will buy anything yuzu commercializes.

I was thinking of getting rid of my pantene shampoo because it's way too drying but then this appears and who needs hair anyway :dpooh:

17 minutes ago, cinemacoconut said:

Maybe cuz yuzu doesnt flutz or lip or underrotate or prerotate often that when he does the judges are shocked and instantly notice it.

I think there is such a thing as immunity when it comes to judging. 

For example evgenia medvedeva used to flutz often but because she did tano in her lutzs and the height was sufficient she still received positive GOEs.

Does Nathan prerotate his jumps too? 

I recommend you this analysis on toe pick jumps: http://the-real-xmonster.tumblr.com/post/169727183234/the-takeoff-toe-jumps

You will find the answer. 

As for edge jumps (Salchow, Loop, Axel), I am proud to say no one is better than Yuzuru. 

Bonus: the majestic technique post on Yuzuru’s jump take off http://the-real-xmonster.tumblr.com/post/168943761679/jump-takeoffs-yuzuru-hanyu-style

37 minutes ago, Ajora said:

It just doesn't seem necessary. Even Shoma doesn't have a problem remembering who is number one. He said that if he'd skated perfectly, he could have won. Yuzuru said that even if Shoma had landed the loop, he wouldn't have won. It's not a direct negation, and I feel like he did that for a reason. Shoma himself said that he needs to work on his technique. Yuzuru feels like if he retired right now, he could trust Shoma with taking over. It almost seems like people trying to create animosity where there isn't any, and I'm not quite sure why. We all know Yuzuru is the best. There's no reason to put anyone else down to "prove" it.

I agree and also thought the post of @meoima was a great explanation of Yuzu's senpai actions to the younger team members. People are free to have their own beliefs but the below sums up my thoughts on it.

"Any man who must say, "I am the king," is no true king."

41 minutes ago, meoima said:

Don’t ask me why I hope he won’t go for 2022. It’s too much. Yes all of his hardships paid off. But thinking about them making me sad and heartbroken all over again.

Yes, but think about him. He doesn't have any regrets. He had to suffer a lot, but ice skating is the thing he wants to do the most in his life. If he'll keep skating until Beijing, it's because it makes him happy.