General Yuzuru Chat

2 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

What? 

What do they need to do? This social media hiatus is beginning to look like a bad deal, I'm wasting time on everything else instead of being productive, and I don't know any of the juicy stuff.

cause it's other skaters 

Spoiler

1 minute ago, WinForPooh said:

What? 

What do they need to do? This social media hiatus is beginning to look like a bad deal, I'm wasting time on everything else instead of being productive, and I don't know any of the juicy stuff.

It's OT, so under spoiler:

Spoiler

Though this reminds me, on Monday, while waiting for the athletes return, one of the TV stations - NTV? - had a segment on top coaches and they discussed Brian and Eteri. I admit I don't follow Eteri or the ladies, but from the few things I've heard, I'm actually a bit 'offended' she and Brian are put in the same category ^_^;

What is this Yuzu & Evgenia collab talk? Where does it come from?  I don't have time to catch up -this thread noves to fast  . Strange idea I must say. How is it even possible. And why would they do it? Enlighten me please

Just now, yuzupon said:

Yes, borrowing a saying from the most disfranchised group of people, the 'work twice as hard to get half the recognition' is real. Whether or not we acknowledge and/or accept it.

As for Zu, I think we all agree that it is amazing how much an exception he is to almost every rule. But do you think there's part of him that wishes he could someday be the rule and not the exception?

I think... He will speak about his experiences, and everything in it, when he's ready. Maybe what he has to say will surprise all of us. But I think he did initiate a very important conversation by bringing up the fact that he deliberately used Seimei at the Olympics, even if his team, as Brian said, initially needed a little convincing despite it holding a world record until he broke it, himself, using Joe Hisaishi's music in another programme that was gentle and strong and beautiful. I think he was strong, brave and shrewd to use it, anyway. But we cannot know how he deals with his experiences, and what he takes from them. We can say that his experiences influence his choices, and I am glad for all of his choices, including to use music that reflects his identity. 

I think, if we choose to carry on that conversation, we should be careful to acknowledge carefully what he said and what he didn't say, and what we take from what he said because of our own perceptions. And we must be careful to own our perceptions as ours, instead of projecting them to his words. But the conversation can be had without him specifically being a part of every stage of it. Even what he said so far is more than he had any reason to, and we should respect him for that. And respect what he didn't say, as well. 

Just now, ralucutzagy said:

Not to eat, not to do anything they like, just train, train and train, if they want to aim for Beijing 2022.

Yikes.

7 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

And tbh, it's kinda bold and rude thing to ask that the 2 time OGM to go to Moscow for an Ex with Med... She can very well go to him and ask him to to squeeze her in his super busy schedule if she wants something like this ... :happy: but Ițm sure this not gonna be the case.

Yep, my very first thought was "Who on earth do they think they are?" I know Medvedeva has achieved really high, too. But really. It's still yet to be comparable to what Zu has.

Spoiler

I said this right after the Ladies FS, I find the equating of Medvedeva to Zu, an insult to Zu. 

I also said I will only say that for that one post, so this one is under spoiler.

9 minutes ago, Arwen said:

I believe they were asked about Yuzu-Zhenia collab at press-conference? If it's so, I suppose that was a polite way to point out that there will be none.

Thank you for giving us context. In which case, what she and Eteri said is truly a polite way to tell people to get their heads out of lala land and sniff reality. =)

Let's let this drop, what Med said at the end essentially is "Don't count on it, won't happen." 

10 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

Ïs that the video where there's a short summary in the general skating thread? It's not comprehensive, but it explains what they're saying in certain parts.

Yes, thank you @WinForPooh, and I saw @meoima already found it there.

However, if others satellites want to read the summary of the first part on the Planet, they can find it here: https://planethanyu.com/topic/44-general-skating-chat/?do=findComment&comment=178795

If nobody will translate the other part of this interesting commentary, focused on the steps and coreographic movements before the solo jump in the SP, in the next days I can also do that.

In the meantime and very briefly here: in this second part they say that while Yuzu has a "continuum" of coreographic movements and steps, with also and difficult entry and exit for the 4S, stressing the actual flow between TR and the element, others have steps but easier - Javi - and/or not so close to the jump - Shoma, with a sort of interruption before the element. Paradoxically Shoma has a more difficult entry to the combo.

So the conclusion for them is the same: "Hanyu is not rewarded enough for what he actually does on the ice" in comparison to the others, and very probably the introduction of the new system of scoring with a wider range of GOEs is to reward the quality of skaters like him.

At the end they make some general statements about the result of SP and what to possibly expect for the FS and the attribution of the medals.

19 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

And tbh, it's kinda bold and rude thing to ask that the 2 time OGM to go to Moscow for an Ex with Med... She can very well go to him and ask him to to squeeze her in his super busy schedule if she wants something like this ... :happy: but Ițm sure this not gonna be the case.

This is Eteri.:rofl:If she phrased things more "politely", the world will implode. I honestly don't mind a collab (under more favorable conditions) because they seem to get along well. :shrug: With tinhatters, every single thing gets blown out of proportion or considered a threat anyways...:facepalm:

13 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

And tbh, it's kinda bold and rude thing to ask that the 2 time OGM to go to Moscow for an Ex with Med...

I saw this part in Russian, and it definitely sounds like "no, it's impossible". I believe it's Russian-Japanese-English translation that messed things a bit. Like, they weren't saying they are asking Yuzu to come to Moscow, just pinpointing it's impossible to make such collab.

5 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

You know, a little something at a  gala, half improvised, like I think Javi and Mao did once? Or am I imagining things? - would be fine, but I doubt he'll be going to Moscow to work on something with her. Also, although they get along, I'm still convinced he doesn't really see her as a girl/young woman. But who knows... Anyway, it won't happen soon.

More coaching thoughts under spoiler, since even if we were to take it to another thread, I'm not sure where it'd belong

Spoiler

I do find myself worrying about those girls, though. Of course, athletes make sacrifices and Yuzu made a ton, including, at times, his health/well being. But that was his decision and one only reluctantly accepted by his coaching team, more out of respect for him. For a coach to say the athletes NEED to make such sacrifices is a bit much for me. Especially when the athletes are such young girls who will surely still undergo changes, because they're still just teens and hormones don't discriminate between athletes and non-athletes. It makes me appreciate Brian's approach even more. And Nanami-sensei's, too, for that matter.

I read some parts from Zhenya interview and they asked her some ridiculous questions about Yuzu like how she met him. I can't get it. They compete in the same sport, of course they know each other and have some interactions. Media think there is something between them two or so ? :P:P