General Yuzuru Chat

19 hours ago, GoldMedalist said:

"Asians"- people living in Asia

"Europeans"- people living in Europe

"Americans"- people living in America

ect. ect.

Where is that "racial" part? There are people and nationalities. Nothing else :shrug:

:5a7ce9d358326_offtopic1: and because I am late to respond.

Are these really your definition of those words, or are trying to make a point by doing it?

I am currently living in Europe, so I am a "person living in Europe" but I am not a "European", and never will be. 

Your definition doesn't apply to most people; it certainly does not to me. 

I understand that 'racial' and 'cultural' issues are not to be talked about in here. It's a landmine, we mere mortal tend not to have as good an instinct to navigate as Yuzu himself does. But if anyone of us wants to even comment on it, please don't make up definitions.

Spoiler

As for the 'race - culture' debate, this is what I have to say: as an Asian, I always feel like my culture is not as appreciated precisely because of my race. But of course, that's personal.

26 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

lol

Nope. I love yuzuxzhenya, but they want yuzu to adjust? The champ who needs to rest and heal, the champ who has many obligations in his country, the champ who is busy with his skating and studies, and more than anything, the champ who is very focus on his 4A? They want that champ to adjust for that ex? 🤣

7 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

:5a7ce9d358326_offtopic1: and because I am late to respond.

Are these really your definition of those words, or are trying to make a point by doing it?

I am currently living in Europe, so I am a "person living in Europe" but I am not a "European", and never will be. 

Your definition doesn't apply to most people; it certainly does not to me. 

I understand that 'racial' and 'cultural' issues are not to be talked about in here. It's a landmine, we mere mortal tend not to have as good an instinct to navigate as Yuzu himself does. But if anyone of us wants to even comment on it, please don't make up definitions.

Reveal hidden contents

As for the 'race - culture' debate, this is what I have to say: as an Asian person, I always feel like my culture is not as appreciated precisely because of my race. But of course, that's personal.

*hugs*

It makes Yuzu's achievements all the more remarkable, because we don't even know of all the obstacles he might've had to overcome. And his Seimei will always be one of the best free skates ever, only his perfect H&L being as good, for me. He's an incredible person and an incredible skater. A true inspiration for us. 

I think they might have put that condition precisely because they know it won't happen. After all, if they got Yuzu in there, it'd upset the girls' focus and go against another thing she said that Iron Klaus mentioned in a previous tweet about what Alina and Evgenia need to do if they want to aim for Beijing (which for me was very much :headdesk:)

3 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

I think they might have put that condition precisely because they know it won't happen. After all, if they got Yuzu in there, it'd upset the girls' focus and go against another thing she said that Iron Klaus mentioned in a previous tweet about what Alina and Evgenia need to do if they want to aim for Beijing (which for me was very much :headdesk:)

What? 

What do they need to do? This social media hiatus is beginning to look like a bad deal, I'm wasting time on everything else instead of being productive, and I don't know any of the juicy stuff.

5 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

*hugs*

It makes Yuzu's achievements all the more remarkable, because we don't even know of all the obstacles he might've had to overcome. And his Seimei will always be one of the best free skates ever, only his perfect H&L being as good, for me. He's an incredible person and an incredible skater. A true inspiration for us. 

Yes, borrowing a saying from the most disfranchised group of people, the 'work twice as hard to get half the recognition' is real. Whether or not we acknowledge and/or accept it.

As for Zu, I think we all agree that it is amazing how much an exception he is to almost every rule. But do you think there's part of him that wishes he could someday be the rule and not the exception?

1 minute ago, WinForPooh said:

What? 

What do they need to do? This social media hiatus is beginning to look like a bad deal, I'm wasting time on everything else instead of being productive, and I don't know any of the juicy stuff.

Not to eat, not to do anything they like, just train, train and train, if they want to aim for Beijing 2022.

6 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Just, don't let his training be overseen by Eteri's team, not even for a day. Just, no. He would have no ankle left.

And also considering everytime he has gala practice with Zhenya around he shoots off 4-3-3 or 4-1-4 combo attempts, I agree. Not until his ankle is fine again! :biggrin: