General Yuzuru Chat

I think he hasn't had any press today? So it could be they crammed most stuff up yesterday and the day before so he could go get his checkup today. If so, we'll likely hear something by the end of the week.

I wonder if they want a medical certificate to justify the withdrawal and ensure no issues with Mura substituting? No idea if there are any rules regarding withdrawing... (I wonder if Patrick and Javi not being on the list counts as withdrawing or the federations just left them off the submitted lists... I should check the rules >_<)

hace 1 minuto , wombat-poodle said:

I think he will WD but not so soon as they need to keep ticket sales up. So don't worry he will WD eventually but not now.

There are few tickets left for Men's SP, FS and Gala. The most expensive are sold out already, so they don't have to worry about sales. I really want JSF to announce WD asap to spare us from 4 weeks of false hopes and worries.

4 часа назад, ICeleste сказал:

I'd LOVE to have LGC back... that's my favorite SP by him. I've watched this countless times... i'd love to have an actual clean version of it

For me GPF was pretty much clean and he really rocked the arena that day (happy I saw it live)))

I love LGC but really want smth new, of course if he will have enough time for new choreo after rehab, FS will be new anyway, but we must wait for new rules to get out.

4 minutes ago, Floria said:

There are few tickets left for Men's SP, FS and Gala. The most expensive are sold out already, so they don't have to worry about sales. I really want JSF to announce WD asap to spare us from 4 weeks of false hopes and worries.

I see... then maybe he's reserving the decision for when after he gets a thorough medical checkup on his ankle and whether he manages to make a good recovery in time. 

I hope they announce his WD soon. But from the sounds of things, he knew he couldn't do Nationals and probably team event, so he must've let JSF know that sooner than we knew about it. I don't think he's supposed to make such announcements personally, he has to leave it to the fed, so he lets them know and they decide how to time it to get the most out of people's hope that he'll participate. 

I attribute any cynicism in timing to feds, not him. 

hace 14 minutos , wombat-poodle said:

I see... then maybe he's reserving the decision for when after he gets a thorough medical checkup on his ankle and whether he manages to make a good recovery in time. 

yes, probably they are waiting for the checkup even if Yuzu may already know that it is almost impossible to recover in less than a month. 

He said he was confident about Shoma leading TJ in his absence, but actually Shoma performs better in the same competition with Yuzu. 

15 minutes ago, cinemacoconut said:

He cnt recover in less than a month. Remember how he said his pain improved by only 20%

What I think is that they will announce the results of the medical checkup and then say because of that, Yuzuru will be WD. For formality's sake, although we know vaguely that his ankle is not in good shape.

16 hours ago, VyVy99 said:

As much as I want to see him in Beijing 2022, I can't ignore the concern to his health. He'll be 27 by then, and do you guys remember what Javi said about skating at 26?

He said jumping quads by 26 is completely different than when he's 20. They become harder, and he fell harder...

And here Yuzu is, having to keep the game up by then and strive towards 4A and even quints in 4 years time.

Ok sorry I'm probably killing the mood :81:

But Yuzu is different from others, no bias. I feel like Yuzu is born to be the best, its fate. This is my true feelings

I don't know why u guyz bother so much about Beijing. I mean it's 4 yrssss, longggg time ahead, whatever he says now, even if he says he wants to go, doesn't mean he would be there, cuz sooooo many things would happen along the way, esp when he alr enters a new page of his life w this 2nd gold, and it's not smt urgent/must-do to take another Oly either. Just rmb how much happened in EACH season after Sochi, we can't tell anything ahead, so shouldn't be bothered by smt that happens after 4 yrs.

The only certain thing now is he'll go into rehabilitation soon and might be off-ice some time. Other things, better not go too deep to make any anticipation. Cuz Yuzu has been dealing w media for most of his competitive career, he knows what words to say to keep things neutral and safe for his public image. Besides, if smt happens and things turn out in an unexpected way, it can't be helped right?, it doesn't mean he was lying.