General Yuzuru Chat

5 hours ago, Erin said:

I thought most of Yuzu's fans are adult, e.g. moms and grandmas. But i guess by now, many teenagers might have become his fans too. I'm ready to fight them should they turn against Yuzu. :hachimaki: 

In a mature way of course. :devilYuzu:

Oops, sorry, i reread this post of mine and i think i come off as categorizing adults=mature, when i perfectly know how adults can be, and can be way more harsher than teens. I'm ready to fight with adults and teens should they go against Yuzu. There. Sorry again. :pouty:

3 hours ago, ICeleste said:

Well, I'm 17.. in my defence though, when my favorite korean idol was caught dating in early 2016 I was totally indifferent to the news. I supported him while most of his fandom turned their backs on him. After the scandal he injured his foot while practising- when he was seen on a wheelchair at the airport, knetizens claimed that was a stunt and that he was faking an injury for sympathy. They humilliated him and he got the reputation of being lazy when he's one of the most hardworking dancers I know. That year was hell, he's talked about how depressed he was back then.
I don't understand why his relationship was so controversial, and I can't begin to imagine how much worse it'd have been for a same-sex couple
I'm not sure if dating scandals are as severe in Japan but I really hope Yuzu's love life will remain private unless/until he wants to announce it 

I know who you are talking about. He is my ultimate bias in kpop. A funny coincidence is that I saw the news about his dating "scandal" (I still don't understand why dating is considered a scandal in kpop even after 7 years of listening to kpop) the day after watching Yuzu skate his short program in Boston. I was so sad because I saw a lot of fans leaving the fandom and badmouthing him and the girl. I personally was happy that he was dating. It's weird how the reason I remember the exact date is because of Boston. However, I don't really like thinking about Boston.

13 hours ago, VyVy99 said:

As much as I want to see him in Beijing 2022, I can't ignore the concern to his health. He'll be 27 by then, and do you guys remember what Javi said about skating at 26?

He said jumping quads by 26 is completely different than when he's 20. They become harder, and he fell harder...

And here Yuzu is, having to keep the game up by then and strive towards 4A and even quints in 4 years time.

Ok sorry I'm probably killing the mood :81:

To light the mood, jumping quads when Zu is 26 will be definitely different from jumping quads when he was 19 or 20...as we all know what happened that season. I think our Zu should be at least healthier than he was during 2014-15 season  when he is 26. Hopefully...

you all are thinking about his new programs...I am truly worried about his ankle...

recent interviews sound really not positive...:snonegai:pray from heart

This Olympics proved that our Zu does not need to go to all the competitions and does not need to be over trained. Good for his body... he can rest and skip competitions when he is older. He can do anything he wants now:LOL:

This is jst me dreaming but I think the reason yuzu is single is because the majority of top ladies skaters are either too young for him or just doesnt meet his standards haha. He said thru oda nobunari that he likes aragaki yui and when he was younger he used to like horikita maki and ueto aya haha. The current top senior skaters frm japan satoko are old enough but marin who is cute is jst too young haha. 

I have a feeling he likes japanese girls but its a shame that the current japanese skaters are so much younger than him that it would almost appear illegal for him to date one of them except satoko. 

16 minutes ago, cinemacoconut said:

This is jst me dreaming but I think the reason yuzu is single is because the majority of top ladies skaters are either too young for him or just doesnt meet his standards haha. He said thru oda nobunari that he likes aragaki yui and when he was younger he used to like horikita maki and ueto aya haha. The current top senior skaters frm japan satoko are old enough but marin who is cute is jst too young haha. 

I have a feeling he likes japanese girls but its a shame that the current japanese skaters are so much younger than him that it would almost appear illegal for him to date one of them except satoko. 

I remember awhil back, Yuzu used to be shipped with Princess Kako because she used to be a skater :laughing:

On 2/26/2018 at 10:30 PM, ICeleste said:

I know Yuzuru's Olympic SPs have gained more attention since they were skated clean, but everyone needs to appreciate his LPs there for how groundbreaking they both were-in different ways

In Sochi, which is.. not the most liberal place, he unashamedly wore the controversial boobskirt and interpreted a femenine character -Juliet- in his program, showing he couldn't care less about gender norms and toxic masculinity

In Pyeongchang, he chose to skate to a piece that truly represented his country and culture, with the intention to disprove the  stereotype  that Asian athletes are not as at artistry as Western ones 

I'm so glad that he was able to accomplish those goals and make a statement by taking the Gold in both occasions

Seimei is like a warrior to me. with injured ankle, Seimei could do well and got Yuzu gold! Probably no other LP could do it. I love Seimei. 

btw, this Olympics is like a revenge of Boston... The podium of 15GPF was almost the same  as this time.

On 2/26/2018 at 10:22 PM, SparkleSalad said:

Winning the gold was just one dream that came true. He’s full of other dreams? 

Winning the gold, Winnie the Pooh....what's wrong with my eyes...lol

14 hours ago, meoima said:

Not to mention, Yuzuru has not healed his ankle yet. And even now Yuzuru does not know how long it will take his ankle to fully heal and how to heal it yet.

I'd say I'd happy to see him skate OK in 2020 at max. I do think if he heals, he can land that 4A and say BYE to the skating world and I am totally okay with it. 

Same, since shortly after Sochi Yuzu said he wanted to aim for another Olympics, then retire for sure after Pyeongchang based on the results. He won gold at these 2 Olympics and I find it so inspiring that he wants to continue competing just for his love for skating. That's really something special. Someone mentioned earlier that they would really want him to have 2 new programs for next season if he decides to compete, I totally agree with them because at this point in Yuzu's career —he can just have fun and continue expressing different sides of himself through skating. 

12 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

No one is 100% honest in interviews like these, so everything he says should be taken through a media lens/with a grain of salt. Despite this he's mentioned having more injuries than the average skater, and his body not being able to hold up for very long doing all these quads. And seeing how he's the only skater AFAIK older than 20 years old adding quads every year, I can see why. The others don't even dare because they don't have Yuzu's passion nor his solid technique to try without potentially seriously getting injured. And even with Yuzu's pure technique, he still gets injured. 

He says that if he competes in Beijing he'll want to win, which is very classic of him, but it also implies that if he can't win, then he won't compete. Yes Javi is 26 and competing at his 3rd Olympics but I don't think Yuzu would settle for a bronze medal after two golds. But I do believe him when he says he loves skating and doesn't want to retire (I can never doubt his passion for skating, lol), so I see him trying as hard as he can to heal and improve but when it comes to a time when he no longer can, he'll probably leave the sport at the top.

Yes, it definitely has benefits to leave the sport at the top, that's why so many athletes retire after they win gold at the Olympics. I find Yuzu to be a very special athlete because he continues to find new "dreams/challenges" for himself to continue skating. Once he's at peace with the sport and decides to retire, I would 100% agree with his decision (since I expected him to retire after Pyeongchang for the longest time, continuing came off as a pleasant surprise to me). :tumblr_inline_mp4i2vHXDy1qz4rgp: