General Yuzuru Chat

3 hours ago, meoima said:

They asked him something about getting married? And he said something about not being an idol? I hope soneone can help.

omeone

2 hours ago, yuzuuu said:

I think he said something like if he were to start a family, its like betraying the fans who support him. then he said, but then again, I'm not an idol. (relying on my limited Japanese from hearing too much Japanese)

Sorry for jumping the wagon without checking last five pages, but...he's just plain amazing...

There's currently a lot happening in Japanese idol industry as two of them got together and kind of published their relationship on social media (for onr of them it's the second time- I think it even got featured in the media, dince he was part of the cast of a very popular stageplay). A lot of so-called "fans" dragged them for it, saying that they spend money on them and how could they! And overally behaving like cheated spouses to both of them.(Ooh terrible who forced you to support them? Oh it was nobody but your ego? Hmmm). The problem with idol industry is that they sell dreams, so while there are mature fans just sincerly wanting to support talented person they admire or enjoy work of, there is also this group of loud, excuse my wording now, attention w**res who think they are the only ones sugar-mommying/daddying the idol and so are the only ones destined to be with them. 

Yuzuru throws shade at those people with a veeery wide smile and cute laugh, but he is a bit right that his fandom also has this type of people in it (I haven't met anybody personally, even less here, but for example seeing some of the comments under Misha Ge's instagram post featuring Olys just made me cringe. "Tell Yuzu we're his fans from XYZ and that he needs to make social media account!" On a post with Misha's Sp preparations? Blegh). Still, judging just from this Planet population I'm quite sure there would be more "OMG! CONGRATS!!!" and "WHERE AND WHEN IS THE WEDDING I WANT TO SEND POOH" had he suddenly announced getting together with sb rather than "You betrayed me! How could you!" Since I feel we actually care for his Happines and not our chances to possibly hook up with him...I hope?

Well, if he ever announced he was getting married - or announced that he was married - I'd be like, what, wow, all existing Ninja levels exceeded. And I would be really happy for him because I'd assume he's happy, and that's always wonderful. And check if he or JSF or anybody had made any arrangements about gifts, like donations to causes he'd picked or whatever it might be. If there was, I'd do my best to add my bit to that. And I'd fold a few swans for his happy ever after. 

And I would really hope for a press release with a couple of photos, too.

He's right to point out he's not an Idol. He gets very Idol superstar kind of receptions and reactions.

9 minutes ago, Aotoshiro said:

Yuzuru throws shade at those people with a veeery wide smile and cute laugh, but he is a bit right that his fandom also has this type of people in it (I haven't met anybody personally, even less here, but for example seeing some of the comments under Misha Ge's instagram post featuring Olys just made me cringe. "Tell Yuzu we're his fans from XYZ and that he needs to make social media account!" On a post with Misha's Sp preparations? Blegh). Still, judging just from this Planet population I'm quite sure there would be more "OMG! CONGRATS!!!" and "WHERE AND WHEN IS THE WEDDING I WANT TO SEND POOH" had he suddenly announced getting together with sb rather than "You betrayed me! How could you!" Since I feel we actually care for his Happines and not our chances to possibly hook up with him...I hope?

You know, I always get annoyed when I show Yuzu to people and they ask me stuff like "oh is he your type?" or if I have aspirations of wanting to date / marry him. It's really ridiculous tbh... They don't understand what it's like to truly like someone for who they are and not for whatever dating / marriage fantasy they provide. Stanning Yuzu has given me so much happiness and joy, and because of this I want Yuzu to find happiness in his life as well, I don't get why people don't understand that.

Hanyu admitted earning Olympic gold while skating to Japanese sounds gave it extra value.

“It was a historic thing, because Asians haven’t really won at the Olympics,” Hanyu said. “Figure skating developed in Europe and then came to Asia afterward. There are differences between Europe and Asia in terms of the backgrounds and all that. And Asian skaters had disadvantages in expressive sports. With that all being said, it gave a historic impact (for an Asian) to win it with the Asian music.”

@gladi and @tadakixd (tumblr) are going to be translating and subbing the following, so hang in there:

1. Yuzuru’s episode on NHK’s “Path toward the Gold” series, aired 2018.2.26

2. Yuzuru’s press conference at the Japan National Press Club on 2018.2.27

According to tadakixd:

Yuzu’s word choices are incredible; there really is so much thought and care that he puts in answering these questions, and yet he answers them so effortlessly (GOE +3). He flows from difficult topics to light hearted jokes and not only manages to bring his point across clearly, he also manages to make an impact. If you listened to his Foreign Correspondent’s Club interview and thought he was good, the JNPC interview was infinitely better. 

16 minutes ago, Aotoshiro said:

Sorry for jumping the wagon without checking last five pages, but...he's just plain amazing...

There's currently a lot happening in Japanese idol industry as two of them got together and kind of published their relationship on social media (for onr of them it's the second time- I think it even got featured in the media, dince he was part of the cast of a very popular stageplay). A lot of so-called "fans" dragged them for it, saying that they spend money on them and how could they! And overally behaving like cheated spouses to both of them.(Ooh terrible who forced you to support them? Oh it was nobody but your ego? Hmmm). The problem with idol industry is that they sell dreams, so while there are mature fans just sincerly wanting to support talented person they admire or enjoy work of, there is also this group of loud, excuse my wording now, attention w**res who think they are the only ones sugar-mommying/daddying the idol and so are the only ones destined to be with them. 

Yeah, there are indeed fans like that. I've come to accept there's at least one in any fandom. In Yuzu's YT videos that show his dorkiness, there's a lot of comments asking if he's gay. At first i replied to each and said we should not care about his sexuality. Now i just don't care about them. :war: 

This is why i'm only showing Yuzu's skates to my niece and nephew. I don't want to influence them into being a stan. :embSwan: 

2 minutes ago, Erin said:

This is why i'm only showing Yuzu's skates to my niece and nephew. I don't want to influence them into being a stan. :embSwan: 

Hahahaha I showed my cousin (9 years old) the Olympics and now she's a Yuzu fan (maybe stan level, but that's not my fault lmao). But her mum thinks Yuzuru is a good role model so I think I did Good there. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

1 minute ago, wombat-poodle said:

Hahahaha I showed my cousin (9 years old) the Olympics and now she's a Yuzu fan (maybe stan level, but that's not my fault lmao). But her mum thinks Yuzuru is a good role model so I think I did Good there. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Ahhh good for you. I don't think i'd get the same reaction from their parents. :waffle:

But i think my niece is well on her way. :laughing: I'd just play innocent when my brother finds out his daughter became a fanyu. :pouty:

“Scientific research has shown that humans will likely be capable of up to a quintuple jump. I would like to give it a shot if possible, although a quintuple axel could be out of reach,” Hanyu told a news conference in Tokyo.

An extra half-turn in the air is needed for a quintuple axel on top of the five already needed for any successful quintuple jump.

“Since my childhood, I have been told to go for a quintuple jump. So, I feel like giving it a try.”

/Tsuzuki-sensei what else have you been telling this boy? :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:/