General Yuzuru Chat

2 minutes ago, kaerb said:

yeah I'm a bit...idk. It's weird to hear him speaking so openly and frankly about expecting a very painful time ahead (he literally said すごく辛い時期). I know he has a tendency to smile and hide all his pain but it's kind of jarring to have him be smiling while saying stuff like that (and like......the JP media just...not really...addressing it? maybe we'll have people sharing opinions tomorrow on news/talk show programs). Would love a second opinion re: translation from gladi or the usual translators as well, I'm not sure if I got it completely right. 

I would be stunned if he went to Worlds, I expect that might be the reason he's trying to manage expectations like this (pls just announce your withdrawal and put us out of misery yuzu T__T)  

Thank you very much for your translation!!! :thanks::thanks::thanks:

2 minutes ago, kaerb said:

yeah I'm a bit...idk. It's weird to hear him speaking so openly and frankly about expecting a very painful time ahead (he literally said すごく辛い時期). I know he has a tendency to smile and hide all his pain but it's kind of jarring to have him be smiling while saying stuff like that (and like......the JP media just...not really...addressing it? maybe we'll have people sharing opinions tomorrow on news/talk show programs). Would love a second opinion re: translation from gladi or the usual translators as well, I'm not sure if I got it completely right. 

I would be stunned if he went to Worlds, I expect that might be the reason he's trying to manage expectations like this (pls just announce your withdrawal and put us out of misery yuzu T__T)  

I didn't catch the last question, so will wait to re-watch the video - somehow - when I get home tonight, but that kind of fits... I think he went all out in practices and so on to just have fun and enjoy himself, because he knew it would be hard from now on. But until then, make the best of it, have fun with the other skaters, enjoy himself, be silly, be crazy and do everything he feels like doing, including crazy jumps and combinations...

I hope it won't be as hard as he said, though...

However, I still wouldn't be very surprised if he went to Worlds. But right now, I can imagine only two scenarios in which he'd go to Worlds. One is if by some miracle his ankle isn't that bad and doctors say he can be in good shape for that. Which is very unlikely. And the other is if the ankle is very bad and might even endanger next season, in which case, he might want to do one more event - especially if it won't make things much worse - and help Japan with the spots, as well. But most likely he will sit it out. But his overall demeanor seems... a bit darker today. Maybe he's coming off of the painkillers ^_^;

13 minutes ago, xeyra said:

I feel like he will have to announce it soon enough (well, JSF will) because they'll need to warn his substitute (Mura?). 

They could still warn the substitute before making a public announcement. I think they might want to delay it so that ticket sales don’t get a hit

8 minutes ago, kaerb said:

Again, thank you for the summaries! I'm catching up.

Hm, well it's mister McSmile-a-lot, so I'm not surprised he's smiling while saying something very painful. I'm hoping that the injury is not that bad (and a week or 2 off is enough), but considering Japan's spots, I am worried he might consider gunning it. A part of me wants to smack him over the head, knock him out, chain him to a bed for rehab, and remind him to trust his damn teammates (Keiji isn't bad yo) for those spots. And gunning for worlds, plus new programs later on , plus shows in the summer, there might not be enough time for the full rest he needs depending on his ankle's situation. If I could lend him my right ankle, I totally would.

On the other hand...I feel like we have a potential cheer project again this off-season perhaps? Depending on what his situation is?

The gala practices and performance had a feeling of him getting as much out of it as he could, living every moment as much as he could. Might be because he's not too sure what will come next. He made the choice to risk a lot to win his second Olympic gold. It was worth that much to him.

Now we can all cross everything, touch wood, whatever superstition we believe in, and hope that whatever he thought he was risking, his ankle held up better than he expected it to, and it's not as bad now as he feared it would be. 

But it does sound like he was told his treatment would be longer-term than preparation for Olympics would allow, so he decided to make the best of it and forget treatment after a point. But that does imply that he does have a treatment plan open to him. So he will heal, just more slowly than he'd like. And less painfully than he expects, I hope. 

19 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

I didn't catch the last question, so will wait to re-watch the video - somehow - when I get home tonight, but that kind of fits... I think he went all out in practices and so on to just have fun and enjoy himself, because he knew it would be hard from now on. But until then, make the best of it, have fun with the other skaters, enjoy himself, be silly, be crazy and do everything he feels like doing, including crazy jumps and combinations...

I hope it won't be as hard as he said, though...

However, I still wouldn't be very surprised if he went to Worlds. But right now, I can imagine only two scenarios in which he'd go to Worlds. One is if by some miracle his ankle isn't that bad and doctors say he can be in good shape for that. Which is very unlikely. And the other is if the ankle is very bad and might even endanger next season, in which case, he might want to do one more event - especially if it won't make things much worse - and help Japan with the spots, as well. But most likely he will sit it out. But his overall demeanor seems... a bit darker today. Maybe he's coming off of the painkillers ^_^;

Japan's spots might be in danger a little but given the slightly depleted field, Keiji and Mura could potentially pull through. There are three of them going right? : / And yes, I agree w/ his more solemn demeanour, probably coming off the emotional high just a tad... I guess because he's never been so frank about how painful the rehab period will be, it's just surprising to see him talking about it so frankly.  

4 minutes ago, Erin said:

Sorry for interrupting the gloomy thoughts, may i ask if we keep videos like these:

Yuzu's fans are featured. Are there any from this planet? 

And also, is there a better quality of the first one? 

:thanks:

I hope someone will sub this. This is sooo precious 😍😍😍 i really need to learn japanese. Ill enroll soon. Lol

1 hour ago, WinForPooh said:

Doesn't he look fed up? He's so cute. Like 'this is not what I was promised, I won a medal'. 

He seems to have a very straightforward approach to life. Focus on the priorities and don't pay much attention to the less important things.

Skating

Sleep

Cake

Video games

Other food

Well-tailored suits

Everything else...

Very amusing. And puppy-like. :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

3 minutes ago, YH7892 said:

I hope someone will sub this. This is sooo precious 😍😍😍 i really need to learn japanese. Ill enroll soon. Lol

Right? I especially liked that lady who skated and did air guitar. :laughing: 

l'll also enroll to learn Japanese. I've always wanted to learn because of anime but Yuzu's the reason i'll finally do it. :devilYuzu:

10 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

:sadPooh:

He's going to be satisfied for 1 month...Competitors like him - Plushenko, Michael Jordan, Muhammed Ali - they always come back until their bodies tell them to stop even if the spirit is willing. I remember during Michael Jordan's retirement speech when he left basketball for the 3rd time that he was leaving because he felt "at peace with the game of basketball". Yuzu definitely doesn't feel that way about figure skating.