General Yuzuru Chat

And translation of the the Shuzo and Yuzuru moment, where Yuzu gives him the medal to wear:

Yuzu: I put it in a sock, an unused sock *takes out the gold medal*

Yuzu: Shuzo-san, please close your eyes, and also bend forward please!

Shuzo: Yes, my eyes are closed… and bending forward….

Yuzu: Thank you very much. This is… *puts the medal on his neck* … thank you very much [for what you’ve done].

Shuzo: Excuse me… *tears*

Yuzu: I’ve been having the chance to do interviews with Shuzo-san since I was 16 years old. I’ve truly learned a lot [from them]. With such gratitude, thank you very much!

Shuzo: Rather than Hanyu-san, I’m probably the fortunate one here. Truly, I’ve won the gold medal of my life *showing the medal* *laughs*

Yuzu: That’s too soon *laughs*, you’ll still have more to go [in the future].

Source

9 hours ago, cinemacoconut said:

Yuzuru has an anime face which is rare for any asian boy to have. Even japanese idols dont look as anime as yuzuru. 

Not really? If that was the truth Tenimyu wouldn't be doing so well, and rn it's on it's third (!!) Season. A lot of the idols and actors still get the messages about their performances there too, and I will never be able to see Reo (Honda) as other character for a few first minutes of his new projects as he just screams Kikumaru Eiji.

Now I may start a storm with that comment, but it's possible that a lot of fans of idols appreciate Yuzuru exactly for the same reason you appreciate athlete-hard-working ethics, drive to better yourself, appreciation of the support given by fans. Of course, not all idols drive themselves to rewrite what's humanly possible, but as a follower of just few 2.5d stage projects and just a few idols, I can see the parallels people try to draw between the Yuzu and idols. If you have a perfectionist idol, he WILL learn how to dance and run in high-heels if his character require that, even if he has to do so while performing fight choreography on a steep stairs. A lot of idols learn to do their own stunts to make sure performance is more realistical. Some study period of history in which their next historical drama is taking place in. There are idols starting acting at the same age as the athletes start doing their sport. In a way, a good idol is much more than just a pretty face, and shipping possibilities. Although we all know there are also bad idols.

Now, that might be the reason of big group of idol's fan demographic following also Yuzu. Or, just as @Xen I think mentioned previously, he was this type of person loved by everybody...

Also, a sensitive topic, but a lot of athletes aree afraid of being perceived as 'gay' as it is 'weak', but Yuzuru has two of his skating's most important people being gay and the last thing you would use to describe them would be weak(plus, he's regularly seeing other gay competitors doing amazing stuff), so for him 'you'll look gay' just cannot be taken as an insult, thus making him way more comfortable in his skin, making it easier to just ignore the male normativity as he doesn't need that to feel confident.

4 hours ago, Maleko said:

Yuzu uniting nations

His хорошо has better pronounciation than mine... I squeal.

2 hours ago, YH7892 said:

Please help... 😢😭

https://youtu.be/69bk2Aw1Eo0

From what I see it's the interview of Korean skating fans in regards to Yuzuru and his win? From what I catch from Japanese subs most of them are amazed/pleased with the result (some mention how it feels good to have fellow Asian man sweep gold twice?) I hope others will translate it properly soon...