General Yuzuru Chat

Just now, SparkleSalad said:

I think he's probably the one person you'd never have to worry about when it comes to addiction. It seems he'd have an inbuilt immunity to it given how disciplined and borderline masochistic he is. I know it's not as simple as that but I think he'll be fine. :)

I know <3<3<3 

1 minute ago, kelly said:

They really meant it in the cute cringey way, if you click on the link the comments are about how cute he is

no they've posted a lot of other hater posts before >_> 

11 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

I know <3<3<3 

no they've posted a lot of other hater posts before >_> 

Did they? They only translated the good k-netz comments if that's a hate post...

Edit: Koreans often ''cringe'' to anything too cute so I think that's what they meant by the title? I honestly don't think they would use these gifs if they hated him :shrug:

edit2: they also posted this 

10 minutes ago, Nerdincool said:

I still don't understand why Yuzuru particularly is getting attention (both good and a lot of bad) from kpop fans. Can one of you kpop fans tell me? He's a Japanese winter athlete, how come korean idol fans even know of him? Is it because of Yuna? 

I have no idea but if you join any Yuzu groups on Facebook it recommends you join Kpop groups as well so I wonder what the link is. I think it must just be his looks because the two things are so far apart in terms of art. (That's just me being incredibly presumptuous.) 

7 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I have no idea but if you join any Yuzu groups on Facebook it recommends you join Kpop groups as well so I wonder what the link is. I think it must just be his looks because the two things are so far apart in terms of art. (That's just me being incredibly presumptuous.) 

Its probably the shared demographic? 

21 minutes ago, Nerdincool said:

I still don't understand why Yuzuru particularly is getting attention (both good and a lot of bad) from kpop fans. Can one of you kpop fans tell me? He's a Japanese winter athlete, how come korean idol fans even know of him? Is it because of Yuna? 

I find it weird too, but maybe it's because he's popular on Tumblr? That's how i first found him (although the person who posted that cursed link it is way older and more serious than me, and a longtime skating fan ETA: And SO not a kpop fan, i followed her bc we like the same metal band lmao)

17 minutes ago, Nerdincool said:

I think that it might have something to do with his looks? He has that pretty face that's common and popular in idols so that'd be my guess

8 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

I find the faces of kpop idols way different than Yuzu's so idk :slinkaway:

I feel like he has that kind of face that kpop fans find handsome and he has that soft flower boy face that's popular I guess. I mean, I guess kpop fans are more attracted(?) to this type of face than say, the masculine type of face that javi has

might also be because of Yuri on ice

1 hour ago, yuzuangel said:

The prescription painkiller epidemic here is very bad...I hope Yuzuru is being careful :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

I checked the world anti doping website and the US anti doping agency because honestly they can't be that different in what is and what is not allowed. The only "strong" pain medications allowed are codeine, hydrocodone, and Tramadol, according to the US. Which, honestly they are pretty weak compared to other pain medications given in the hospital setting. Most patients out of surgery will ask for something stronger for pain.

http://www.hochi.co.jp/sports/winter/20170623-OHT1T50280.html

I can't remember who was it that asked about the reward money Yuzu will get as an Olympic champion, but this article talks about it. For PC Olympic, JSF raised it's monetary reward from 3 million yen to 5 million yen as an effort to raise their athletes' motivation (silver medalist receives 2 million yen and bronze medalist 1 million yen). Added to that JOC also rewards 5 million yen. So Yuzu will receive a total of 10 million yen (USD ~100,000) as an Olympic champion.

I actually feel that's it more the parallel between the huge kpop fandoms and huge Yuzu fandom and the understandable overlap of young teenage girl fans. 

To me Yuzu looks quite different from a typical kpop idol, and actually the more "masculine" faces is quite popular as well.