General Yuzuru Chat

4 minutes ago, Xen said:

@kaerb: Did he seriously just say he is waiting for Boyang to do a quint and a 5Lz at that? :13877886:

I can't...I always wondered whom Yuzu viewed as his greatest rival amongst the squadsters, and he goes and essentially lays down the war declaration to Boyang.

Edit: I can't...waiting for someone to send this to Boyang's weibo. :facepalm:

I don't understand Japanese but it didn't sound like a challenge to do it - more like (probably totally unnecessary) encouragement- not content to drive his own coach into a breakdown he's encouraging BJ to do the same.

21 minutes ago, Eclair said:

Hide contents

you're absolutely right, although I've never seen anyone getting antivirals prescribed if they're not a high risk patient (like old people or babies). Would the flu prophylaxis shot even help in such a short time? Don't you need some time to build antibodies?

More talk about flu meds :animated-smileys-hands-fingers-01: I also think we might want to move this to private messages if we want to continue beyond this. :)

Spoiler

Different country different rules. In the US, basically anyone diagnosed with the flu gets tamiflu if it's within 48 hours of symptom onset. Esp this year because the strain seems to be exceptionally virulent. 

And while you're generally right about antivirals in general and risky groups, it's not true for some viruses and antivirals. The influenza antiviral is one. Acyclovir for herpes infections like shingles is another. 

Flu prophylaxis takes 2 weeks for full effect. But if you're going to get the flu, having it on board, even if not fully effective, helps some with the severity of symptoms. Also some patients just want it for peace of mind and might have just pushed their doctor to give it to them anyway. 

9 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

He said he’d like to see it, that his 4lz has the height and speed.

There you are then - encouragement - he will be popular with the coaching fraternity :biggrin:

edit. I wonder if he'll be quite so encouraging if he ends up coaching, or whether he'll worry about injuries....

22 minutes ago, Xen said:

@kaerb: Did he seriously just say he is waiting for Boyang to do a quint and a 5Lz at that? :13877886:

I can't...I always wondered whom Yuzu viewed as his greatest rival amongst the squadsters, and he goes and essentially lays down the war declaration to Boyang.

Edit: I can't...waiting for someone to send this to Boyang's weibo. :facepalm:

It wasn't a challenge, it was more like discussing who seemed like they would be able to do it. His tone is actually more like a big brother or senpai eagerly awaiting Boyang to challenge a quint and we know how much he loves Boyang's 4Lz - it's the only concrete technical element he ever mentions admiring about any of his rivals apart from Javi's 4S and we know how high Mr 'Only debuts jumps when they can get +3GOEs' Hanyu's standards are (for others like Shoma it's more like their mentality that he says he admires)

(and yes, please someone send this to Boyang's weibo, I don't have one or I'd do it myself, I hope he knows how much his idol admires him ;;;)

17 минут назад, Sombreuil сказал:

There you are then - encouragement - he will be popular with the coaching fraternity :biggrin:

Now I wonder if all this is within the calculations. Like 10 years planning for the future career: having a good reputation in advance. But most probably, he is just a very kind person. <3

17 минут назад, Sombreuil сказал:

I wonder if he'll be quite so encouraging if he ends up coaching, or whether he'll worry about injuries....

It seems to me that coaching is a bit like having kids at this point: easy to encourage others but when you have your own ones, you care about their health crazily. But this is only my opinion. Hopefully, we will see one day. Finally, even Brian ended up coaching :smiley-laughing021:

16 minutes ago, kaerb said:

It wasn't a challenge, it was more like discussing who seemed like they would be able to do it. His tone is actually more like a big brother or senpai eagerly awaiting Boyang to challenge a quint and we know how much he loves Boyang's 4Lz - it's the only concrete technical element he ever mentions admiring about any of his rivals apart from Javi's 4S and we know how high Mr 'Only debuts jumps when they can get +3GOEs' Hanyu's standards are (for others like Shoma it's more like their mentality that he says he admires)

(and yes, please someone send this to Boyang's weibo, I don't have one or I'd do it myself, I hope he knows how much his idol admires him ;;;)

So he waits for boyang to do it first, then get a good image for a quint, and lands one next? So devious....

Do you guys think Yuzu's tried a quint before? :peekapooh:

Prior to the injury, I honestly thought we would likely see at least solid attempts at 4A next season (though maybe the more experienced of you would disagree, and probably with very good reasons). Now... I don't know.... In two seasons time maybe?